Sign in to follow this  
dianelin

Question about CR Systems harassment

A few months ago, I received a call from my married daughter who lives in another state. She said she had just received a call from her father (whom I divorced over 20 years ago & lives roughly 1500 miles from me). He had received a call from a Fred Stanton who stated he needed to contact me ASAP regarding a serious legal issue. I haven't spoken to my ex since our son's wedding four years ago, and have no idea why this guy would even call him. I don't have my ex's phone number, and he doesn't have mine.

Recently, my daughter again called & told me that Fred Stanton had called HER, stating the same thing. He insinuated that I was in serious legal trouble regarding this issue, and scared her half to death that I would be heading to prison if she didn't have me call this number right away. I did a search of the number, and discovered it was a place called CR Systems.

Today, Fred Stanton called me here at my home. He informed me that I needed to discuss a legal situation with him regarding a credit card bill he now owned dated November, 1999 from Providian. When I told him I never had a credit card from them, he became very abusive and insulting, and informed me that if I wasn't willing to pay my bill, he would forward it to the IRS and send me a 1099-C. I told him that even if it HAD been my bill, which it wasn't, the SOL in Iowa for credit cards was 5 years, so I wasn't going to discuss it with him any further and hung up. He called back immediately & started insulting me & stated that he'd just have the IRS take care of me. I asked him for his mailing address, and when he refused to give it to me, I hung up again. He called again (my caller ID showed the same number) but I wouldn't answer.

The phone number on the caller ID was 508-553-1900. Does anyone know the address of this place? Would a Cease and Desist letter work if I can find the address? How do I stop this person from harassing me and my extended family?

ttt? What is that?

"To the top"

meaning bringing your thread to the first page so people can see it.

Edited by brighteyes97

TTT= "to The Top"...bringing the thread to the first page...

as for these dirtbags...

is it legal to record phone calls in your state? If so...record EVERY call...keep EVERY voicemail he leaves...

it could be worth 1000 to you

this is one of the addresses they've used

310 South Street, Suite A

Plainville, MA 02038

I would say they're coming from the address that Pryan provided considering it's a 508 area code (mass).

Send them a FOAD letter, including a C&D, CMRRR. Keep records and recordings of calls (if legal in your state).

I would say they're coming from the address that Pryan provided considering it's a 508 area code (mass).

Send them a FOAD letter, including a C&D, CMRRR. Keep records and recordings of calls (if legal in your state).

Forgive me. I'm not a regular here, and I have no clue what FOAD or CMRRR mean. My evil/warped mind tells me what these COULD mean, but I don't want to give the wrong impression. ;) I'm assuming C&D means Cease & Desist.

Help?

According to the Mass. Sect. of State

Debt Management , Inc. DBA Capitol Recovery Systems

Lic. # DC 0778

310 South St. Suite 1

Plainville , Ma. 02762

By Googling Debt. Management Inc. I found Debt Management Inc. 31 Hayward St. Franklin , Ma. 02038 508-520-8890 Fax. 508-541-6504 Toll Free 888-470-8224 ( so they can capture Your # ) They also seem to go by CRS & C.R.S.

Plainville is right next to Franklin ( I live in the area )

Google there 508-533-1900 # there quite a piece of work

508-553-1900

508-643-1400

acording to D & B there are Two Employees , Contact is Joe Tammaro

I hope this info helps someone

Bob