Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

WAL*MART tried to trespass me for calling them out on CC policy breach

The last post in this topic was posted 2874 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

What's the big deal? I don't mind when I'm asked for ID.. It shows someone is looking out for me and my credit.. In fact I get ticked off when they don't. I write "Ask for ID" on my cards.

Well, the truth is that Walmart really isn't looking after you...they are looking out for Walmart. That, and the fact that even showing ID to an employee puts you at some risk for fraud. You have recourse if someone stole your card and used it fraudulently, Walmart does not.

I write "Ask for ID" on my cards.

that is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. willfully violating the terms of your credit card contract can void the protections afforded to you by the credit card.

that is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. willfully violating the terms of your credit card contract can void the protections afforded to you by the credit card.

This just doesnt happen in the real world.

If the card isnt signed you arent going to loose your protections. If the card is signed with anything other than your name you are not going to loose your protections.

I've had to go through a few protection cases.

Never was i asked for a copy of the back signature portion of my credit card. Or if my card was signed, or what it said.

The CC companies can/have put many things in their user agreements. Lawyers need their wiggle room to work. And techincally its true you could have your claim denied for not signing your full legal name on back of the card when you first get it.... But again no fraud investigator is asking victims to see the back of their cards.

If the card isnt signed you arent going to loose your protections. If the card is signed with anything other than your name you are not going to loose your protections.

I've had to go through a few protection cases.

Never was i asked for a copy of the back signature portion of my credit card. Or if my card was signed, or what it said.

The CC companies can/have put many things in their user agreements. Lawyers need their wiggle room to work. And techincally its true you could have your claim denied for not signing your full legal name on back of the card when you first get it.... But again no fraud investigator is asking victims to see the back of their cards.

risk taking is very real; I prefer to mitigate such risks by following the contract I entered into.

Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    TheUdubagee
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines