Which credit monitoring service should we buy?

MomtoTwins

The last post in this topic was posted 4993 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

We want to monitor our credit scores and reports online but I've only seen the services where you can monitor one at a time. Right now we are both on the MyFico.com 30 day trial but that only watches and monitors the Equifax score. What is the best service/deal to purchase when you want to monitor all three scores and/or reports? Personal experience would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to CreditBoards! We hope that you find what you're looking for here.Some helpful tips:

• Your post may not get a reply right away. Don't be discouraged, this is a very busy board. If it falls off of the first page, feel free to reply to your post yourself, with the word *bump* in the text. This will *bump* your post back up to the top of the board.
  • If you haven't yet, take a peek at out Newbies Section. Everything that you need to know is in that forum, for the most part! It's a lot of reading, we know, but this credit stuff can have a steep learning curve. In no time, you'll be posting like the pros!
  • If you find that someone is discourteous to you, use the REPORT button at the bottom of every post - that will ensure that a moderator or admin looks at the post and decides if it is against the TOS.
  • Off -topic posts should go in the General Forum.

Again, welcome to the CreditBoards family! CB Admin: LKH, Pam, radi8, breezeCB Mods: cotterpin, CargoJon, CramitCCCA's, fla-tan, MarvBear, psp, pryan67Forum Leads: TeeSharice, orangecrush, Neen and Four20Nik

I use Amex's Credit Secure. I use it to stay on top of changes to my CR, generally. But there's a few things to keep in mind . . .

1) The only way to know, with 100% accuracy, what your CR says is to order a hardcopy directly from the CRA.

2) The scores that appear on triage reports are FAKOs, not FICOs. Directionally, they're fine. But lenders don't use them.

3) Certain reports allow you to bump the number of inquiries you have if you do daily pulls. If this is something you're interested in, do a search for all the B* threads.

Great question... "myfico" cost a bit of money, but it is valuable because you can see the same scores the lenders are seeing. But I use true credit, because it's $14.95 a month and you can watch all of THREE of your reports. The major issue with this is you're not getting "fico" scores just Transunion's interpretation of what your fico might be, also known as "fako" scores. But I still prefer it because you can update it EVERY 24 hours and see changes in your report.

Recently, I received an email for a $9.95 subscription, here's the link.

truecredit $9.95

I'm not sure if it'll work for you, but good luck!

National City Identity Protect (NCIP). It's $8.95/month and you can monitor both you and your husbands for $14.95 (I think). It pulls all three top credit reporting agencies and gives you one score based on your TransUnion report (but it's a FAKO, so no real value there). You can pull every 24 hours.

I've used TrueCredit, Chase Identity Protect, and Equifax Credit Watch. NCIP does the same thing as all the others and is a lot less expensive.

Try it. You don't have to be a memeber of National City Bank, you can use any credit card to sign up.

i use TU's TrueCredit for daily monitoring of all 3 reports. I know there are others out there, but TU's is reasonably priced and i like the format and daily pulls (if needed). I'm sure others have their favorites, you just need to find one you like. GL

The last post in this topic was posted 4993 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.