Asset Acceptance - Please Advice

The last post in this topic was posted 4677 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Ok so i got these two accounts with AA. Both i believe are out of SOL going by the DOFD. In my state Texas it's 4 years.

So my question is do i send a SOL letter and hope they go away or do i DV them?

Thanks for any advice.

PO Box 2036

Warren, MI-480902036

Account Number: TARGET NA-2684XXXX Current Status: COLLECTION ACCOUNT

Account Owner: Individual Account. High Credit: $348

Type of Account : Open Credit Limit: $0

Term Duration: Terms Frequency:

Date Opened: Balance: $402

Date Reported: 04/2008 Amount Past Due: $402

Date of Last Payment: Actual Payment Amount: $0

Scheduled Payment Amount: $0 Date of Last Activity: N/A

Date Major Delinquency First Reported: Months Reviewed: 11

Creditor Classification: Activity Description: N/A

Charge Off Amount: $0 Deferred Payment Start Date:

Balloon Payment Amount: $0 Balloon Payment Date:

Date Closed: Type of Loan: Factoring Company Account (debt purchaser)

Date of First Delinquency: 01/2004

Comments: Collection account

ASSET ACCEPTANCE CORP.

Asset Acceptance,Llc

PO Box 2036

Warren, MI-480902036

Account Number: RADIO SHA-2656XXXX Current Status: COLLECTION ACCOUNT

Account Owner: Individual Account. High Credit: $630

Type of Account : Open Credit Limit: $0

Term Duration: Terms Frequency:

Date Opened: Balance: $686

Date Reported: 04/2008 Amount Past Due: $686

Date of Last Payment: Actual Payment Amount: $0

Scheduled Payment Amount: $0 Date of Last Activity: N/A

Date Major Delinquency First Reported: Months Reviewed: 11

Creditor Classification: Activity Description: N/A

Charge Off Amount: $0 Deferred Payment Start Date:

Balloon Payment Amount: $0 Balloon Payment Date:

Date Closed: Type of Loan: Factoring Company Account (debt purchaser)

Date of First Delinquency: 12/2002

Comments: Collection account

DV them, they more than likely wont reply and dispute with the CRA's. They will go away eventually but they are pretty stubborn.

What if i send a SOL letter will that serve a better purpose rather than trying to validate the acct?

Edited by TexasBandit

My angle with them has first start with a DV and then use the SOL further up the road so that they violate in 101 ways first. I like to be like " you violated this, and this, and this and this and this and oh by the way, any debt I would have legally owed on is not out of my state's SOL, delete imediately or I you force me to sue you"

I just like to remind them of the fact that I could take it to court, claim sol, and use their violations so they owe me. I have had them delete one account and I have them on the run now for another.

So far, it has worked for me.

DV them, they more than likely wont reply and dispute with the CRA's. They will go away eventually but they are pretty stubborn.

What if i send a SOL letter will that serve a better purpose rather than trying to validate the acct?

Use Texas law. Read my thread in this forum on Texas law and also the thread in Help I've Been served Forum. TX law can put a stake in their heart. They are long reads but you will be glad you did.

Edited by walterg55

Use Texas law. Read my thread in this forum on Texas law and also the thread in Help I've Been served Forum. TX law can put a stake in their heart. They are long reads but you will be glad you did.

So your saying it is past the SOL and i can send a DV letter Texas Style invoking TFC?

Do you understand TFC? You send the letter invoking TFC (properly), TX laws requires them to delete etc (if you have done it properly) if they fail to DV within the required time. Unlike the Fed rules. I did not comment on SOL but feel free to include that in you letter if you are out of SOL. The odds greatly favor them failing to respond within the required time and once that happens they are dead meat. Both accounts are in fact out of SOL (4 years in TX)

Edited by walterg55
  • 1 month later...

I sent out a DV letter on May 17. I checked my TC report minutes ago and they posted some remarks on my accounts.

Remarks:

[TransUnion] Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements

[Experian]

[Equifax]

My question is how can they verify with the CRAs before verifying with me? Is this a violation?

They are reporting it as disputed, which they have to do. See how this plays out.

And I'm going to be in the area of Asset's offices tomorrow. I'm more than happy to give them a 1 fingered salute for the CB people!

Tho, I have already removed them from my reports.

I do believe they deserve your salute. And, another on your way back too.

Oh! MI AG worked for me!

Yeah, Mike Cox, our AG is onto Asset. He does NOT like corrupt companies, especially since Michigans economy is one of the worst in the nation. He just took on Geoffrey Fieger (the attorney that defended Jack Kevorkian and the Jenny Jones murder trial) and they're awaiting a verdict in that case.

I like Mike Cox - he's very consumer friendly.

Yes, wait until your dispute period with the CRA is finished and see what happens.

Credit repair is not usually a quick process. Patience is your friend.

Thanks for the reply HKK. The thing is i didn't actually dispute with the CRAs i sent out a DV letter to Asset.

Asset hasn't even sent me anything back.

• 3 weeks later...

any updates on this thread? im still having the same issues with Asset, they did reply with their letterhead DV. But i still have them out of SOL and not licensed in my state. should i just moved to the Mi AG and AR AG steps and see what happens from there?

any updates on this thread? im still having the same issues with Asset, they did reply with their letterhead DV. But i still have them out of SOL and not licensed in my state. should i just moved to the Mi AG and AR AG steps and see what happens from there?

I'm in the same boat as you. I recently sent out a second DV letter and now i'm waiting to see what they send now.

Edited by TexasBandit

The last post in this topic was posted 4677 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.