Sign in to follow this  
lee57

My bk is discharged...

what unsecured cards are there left or who does not blacklist? :rofl:

btw, I recently got a 200$ Target and 300$ Orchard Card

Edited by lee57

About the only one not included was Amex only because I had none.

I also had no CU issued cards.

Can you provide an actual list? Or, in the BK Forum there is a list of BK Friendly creditors pinned at the top.

I have/had the same problem. I BK'd a lot of cards:

WAMU

Juniper

BofA

Target

Citi

Cap1

HSBC

Chase

Home Depot(Citi)

:dance:

Citi

Discover

Chase

BofA

MBNA

Cap One

BP

National City

Exxon

Radioshack

Dell

Best Buy

Circuit City

Sears

Wow, you can charge up that many cards and the court just lets you bk them all?

OP just asked about cards that blacklist...charges on cards wasn't the question. Not sure how you meant this question...but I would've been offended by it.

OP...don't have any info for you on the cards you listed..sorry!

I would probably try NC also, but when I tried they denied me because of my 9 1/2 year old BK. It comes off in October

Using the OP's original list against my own experience -

Citi - they blacklist

Discover - the real one blacklists too - try the HSBC Direct Rewards version thru Direct Merchants Bank

Chase - these guys do too

BofA - not sure

MBNA - not sure

Cap One - we BKed them in 2005, neither DW or myself can get back in

BP - not sure - ours was at zero balance at the time of filing, still open and in good standing

National City - not sure

Exxon - not sure

Radioshack - they blacklist

Dell - heard they blacklist, but not sure - We did not BK them, got approved about 12 months after discharge

Best Buy - blacklist - I cannot get back in, DW did with her own account

Circuit City - chase - blacklist

Sears - blacklist with a looooong memory - PM me if you'd like to know just how long......

Since you've done the Target and Orchard route already, I'd suggest Hooters next. It's a TU pull. Also, search for the Jared and Kay's Jewelers threads, it looks like a great way to add positive tradelines to your report.

What kind of scores are you dealing with? Are all the IIB's reporting correctly?

Exsingldad

No offense taken.

It just gets very frustrating when trying to apply for credit after bk and no one will give it to you. I'm not even being greedy, just small amts to get some positive tradelines going on the cr.

I know it has only been 3-4 weeks post discharge but I am applying for cards that appear to be easy to get and can't even get them.

I did receive Orchard-300$, Target-200$. I applied to Kay's, denied. I wrote a letter yesterday on PlanetFeedback for a possible recon. Just received in the mail today a Marathon Oil rejection. Macy's, no answer yet but they were IIB, no word yet from Hooter's.

I really feel the app's need looked at by a human who can see what has just happened and that I am now literally debt free. All I want is to prove that I have learned my lesson and any credit I receive now will be used reponsibly like I did years ago.

I have said before 3-4 years ago my fico's were in the 700's. Now my Eq fico is 530. Fako's are TU-640 and Ex-515.

Another thought, trying to see if I can get these cards is doing nothing more than giving hard pulls on my reports which I am sure will be hurting my scores soon also.

Edited by lee57

Don't take all denials personally right now, and don't think that everyone will blacklist forever. We're going through the worst credit crunch since the Great Depression, so creditors are going to get pickier and pickier as days progress. Many threads on CB from 2005-2007 were pre-credit crunch, so what worked for many will never work in the coming years. The biggest CWs here are mostly holding off on new accounts or CLIs because they don't want to risk AA from creditors who are financially burdened.

I, too, am in credit rehab, and have embraced secured cards fully. Not a single future creditor I have spoken with has had a problem with secured cards. I've spoken with big banks and small banks and they all said the same thing: secured or unsecured, we treat it the same in our review before approval. I recently put a large amount of cash into secured cards to have access to that credit as well as build a positive history. I COd Chase, Citi and CapitalOne (not BK) and pretty much know I won't get accounts there, but I won't be afraid to apply for any of them in case a backdoor opens up.

You are just out of BK, so it will be a tough situation: a recent BK and a credit crunch. I would HIGHLY recommend you work on getting one or two (or three or four) secured cards and let them age before doing any mini app sprees. Also, try to put some of your monthly savings (you are saving, right?) towards your security balances to get those credit lines up. Secured credit limits will help you get higher unsecured credit limits in the future.

You are doing fine so close to your discharge. I would suggest letting these age, keeping util. very low, and keep an eye on the mailbox. I received HSBC 2 weeks post discharge, and grew from there. Within about 4-6 months, I started getting pre-approvals and grew rapidly from there.

The best way to show potential lenders that you have learned your lesson, is to stay as far away from your limits as possible, and NEVER be late.

Everyones credit journey will be different, so don't be discouraged.

BTW, I discharged 2 HSBC and 3 Capital One, both have given me new cards with higher limits than I had before, but of course your mileage may vary.

Good Luck

MAC

Edited by bakerman

No offense taken.

It just gets very frustrating when trying to apply for credit after bk and no one will give it to you. I'm not even being greedy, just small amts to get some positive tradelines going on the cr.

I know it has only been 3-4 weeks post discharge but I am applying for cards that appear to be easy to get and can't even get them.

I did receive Orchard-300$, Target-200$. I applied to Kay's, denied. I wrote a letter yesterday on PlanetFeedback for a possible recon. Just received in the mail today a Marathon Oil rejection. Macy's, no answer yet but they were IIB, no word yet from Hooter's.

I really feel the app's need looked at by a human who can see what has just happened and that I am now literally debt free. All I want is to prove that I have learned my lesson and any credit I receive now will be used reponsibly like I did years ago.

I have said before 3-4 years ago my fico's were in the 700's. Now my Eq fico is 530. Fako's are TU-640 and Ex-515.

Another thought, trying to see if I can get these cards is doing nothing more than giving hard pulls on my reports which I am sure will be hurting my scores soon also.

I would personally recommend not trying to ramp up so quickly on opening post-BK accounts. You have 2 now, so let them age a bit before you apply for anything else. I think that in the present lending environment, you may be looking a bit too anxious to potential creditors.

Also make sure that your IIB accounts are reporting correctly on your credit reports-- can't afford to forget that part of the equation.

I would also recommend that you are "opted in" to receiving preapproved offers -- some of the offers to post-BK people come via preapprovals only. My SO, for example, included Capital One in his Ch7...then got 2 CapOne cards via preapprovals after that.

Oh yeah...since you IIB'd Macy's, they will only approve you for a rehab account, I believe...a search on here should give you all in the info you need to rehab your macy's account...not sure if it's a hard pull or not???

No offense taken.

You have a very recent BK so you can't expect creditors to just give you credit. You need to let the accts you have age a bit and also your BK. Cap 1 forgave me and I included them in my BK, just wait for one of their pre-approvals through the mail. Patience is the key here while you're working on the negatives on your credit report.

Oh yeah...since you IIB'd Macy's, they will only approve you for a rehab account, I believe...a search on here should give you all in the info you need to rehab your macy's account...not sure if it's a hard pull or not???

Macys is usually not BK friendly until you're 4 yrs post BK though a few have slipped through. Since they were included in the OP's BK, rehabbing is most likely not an option.

I only have 2 post discharge accts. Orchard and Target. Is that enough to let age and get any benefit from it?

I only have 2 post discharge accts. Orchard and Target. Is that enough to let age and get any benefit from it?

You may want to try and get one more bank card, maybe a secured card if you can't get any other. You should then let those 3 accts age a bit while your score recovers form the BK hit. Also work on those negatives.

I would let the current accounts age. Go ahead and try to get a savings and or checking account with one of the BK friendly CU's. Establish yourself well with them. Down the road they will reward you with credit. CU's are much more forgiving about the BK.

Citi I BELIEVE THEY DO BUT OTHERS DISAGREE

BofA THEY BLACKLIST

MBNA THEY BLACKLIST (PART OF BOFA NOW)

Cap One NO THEY DON'T BLACKLIST

i hope that helps

I would let the current accounts age. Go ahead and try to get a savings and or checking account with one of the BK friendly CU's. Establish yourself well with them. Down the road they will reward you with credit. CU's are much more forgiving about the BK.

It would help his scores to have a 2nd bankcard. I would however get a secured card or wait for a good pre-approval. The CU idea is good also, maybe even getting a secured card through one of them.