How does a buyers agent get paid?

The last post in this topic was posted 4805 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hello,

I met with a buyers agent who would like me to hire them to work on my behalf. I reading their contract and it is not clear to me how it works.

It reads..."If the property is listed with a real estate company or licensee, BROKER will accept a fee equal to the fee being offered to cooperating agents; but in any event not less than 2.5% of the purchase price of the property."

Does this mean if the sellers agent does not plan on giving buyers agent 2.5% of purchase price i will have to come up with the difference?

Thanks,

They buyers agent gets paid at closing. The seller pays the Realtor Fee, which is usually about 6% and the buyers agent gets half of that.

Example: We closed on our house yesterday, our buyers agent got $7200 from the proceeds of the sale (from the seller)

If the property is listed with a real estate company or licensee, BROKER will accept a fee equal to the fee being offered to cooperating agents

The cut offered by the listing broker will be accepted for payment of services for your buyers agent.

but in any event not less than 2.5% of the purchase price of the property

I like this little sentence..... If you find a FSBO or a home not listed on the MLS/without a selling broker contract, YOU will be responsible for paying your buyers agent 2.5% commission. Interesting.

The last post in this topic was posted 4805 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.