Sign in to follow this  
Chris in OK

It's been 6 months...

I requested a CLI from NFCU again on my nRewards VISA. Last time I was turned down due to not enough payment history with them. I am hoping they will bump me up, I requested $10k but we'll see if they counter with something else. Wish me luck ya'll....

I requested a CLI from NFCU again on my nRewards VISA. Last time I was turned down due to not enough payment history with them. I am hoping they will bump me up, I requested $10k but we'll see if they counter with something else. Wish me luck ya'll....

Good luck Chris.

And that's a no go. I dont understand this. They said it was declined because the underwrite made a note about "low scores." That makes no sense. My EQ was 614 when they originally pulled for the nRewards VISA in Spetember. I may be just about done with Navy Fed. :aggressive:

Edited by Chris in CA

And that's a no go. I dont understand this. They said it was declined because the underwrite made a note about "low scores." That makes no sense. My EQ was 614 when they originally pulled for the nRewards VISA in Spetember. I may be just about done with Navy Fed.
What kind of note?

Keep in mind for cli they DON'T pull a report. Maybe you can tell them your scores have greatly increased and to pull a new report.

Edited by nyrfann

And that's a no go. I dont understand this. They said it was declined because the underwrite made a note about "low scores." That makes no sense. My EQ was 614 when they originally pulled for the nRewards VISA in Spetember. I may be just about done with Navy Fed.
What kind of note?

Keep in mind for cli they DON'T pull a report. Maybe you can tell them your scores have greatly increased and to pull a new report.

I forgot about that. I'd be willing to sacrifice a hard pull for a CLI. I like Navy that much.

What kind of note?

I forgot about that. I'd be willing to sacrifice a hard pull for a CLI. I like Navy that much.

I think you'd have a good shot if your score went up (Like I'm seeing in your signature). Navy is real good. Edited by nyrfann

And that's a no go. I dont understand this. They said it was declined because the underwrite made a note about "low scores." That makes no sense. My EQ was 614 when they originally pulled for the nRewards VISA in Spetember. I may be just about done with Navy Fed. :rofl:

You're giving up on a CU that some CBers would lie, cheat or steal to get into? WTH are you thinking?

Edited by Doodah

What kind of note?

Chris, go for it!

OK, I just drafted a re-con letter to them. This ought to pull on their heartstrings a little bit. All I want is to be judged on my performance with them and other creditors, not old outdated credit reports. By the way, the CSR informed me that they take into account three factors when considering an app:

1) Credit bureau score

2) Internal Behavior Score

3) Debt to Income Ratio

Anyway, here's my letter, any critique would be great.

Chris in CA

ADDRESS

CITY ST ZIP

Navy Federal Credit Union

Attn: Credit Card Lending Committee

P.O. Box 3501

Merrifield, VA 22119-3100

To Whom It May Concern:

Re: Request for limit increase on nRewards VISA account ending in XXXX.

I received this card from Navy Federal on or about September 14, 2007. When I called in to activate the card, I inquired about “limit increase upon activation.†I was informed by the service representative with whom I spoke that this was NOT a policy of Navy Federal Credit Union, and I accepted that fact. The same representative did however, inform me that after 6 months of positive history with Navy Federal, I could apply for an increase in limits.

That six month date has come and gone, so I decided to go ahead and apply. I was informed after a couple days, upon calling, that the increase request had been declined due to “low scores.†I am aware of the fact that Navy Federal does NOT pull a new updated credit report when doing limit increase requests and instead looks at a “soft pull†or “promotional inquiry.â€

As I understand it, this ensures the creditor that the customer has no other outstanding accounts with other creditors, and gives them a general idea of previous credit performance with other creditors.

Also, I am aware of the fact that Navy Federal bases their decisions on three items, including a Internal Behavior Score and Debt to Income ratio as well as credit bureau score. The purpose of this letter is to request that Navy Federal’s Credit Card Lending department re-consider the decline of my most recent request. My FICO scores (which I purchase quarterly from MyFICO.com have gone up almost 50 points on Equifax (Navy Federal’s preferred credit bureau) since I received this card.

Please recognize this letter as permission to pull a new, updated copy of my credit report.

I thank you very much for looking into this, and I am eager to hear the results of your re-consideration. Thank you very much, and have a pleasant day.

Chris in CA

Let em pull chris, you are in much better shape when you initally applied. I am going to ask for a hard at my six month mark because my scores have improved since they initially pulled.

Apparently, when the system declines the request, it gets put in a queue and the credit department reviews it manually. They pulled a hard yesterday, and I hope they will give me this increase. I want it so bad I can taste it!

Apparently, when the system declines the request, it gets put in a queue and the credit department reviews it manually. They pulled a hard yesterday, and I hope they will give me this increase. I want it so bad I can taste it!

Oh great! keep us posted!

Oh great! keep us posted!

You know I will. I was getting ready to fire off a letter to their Credit Card Lending Department. They must have read my mind!

And APPROVED. Only for $7000 total credit line. Not bad, a $2k bump after 6 months and about 50% util on this card. I'll take it.

And APPROVED. Only for $7000 total credit line. Not bad, a $2k bump after 6 months and about 50% util on this card. I'll take it.

Not bad at all. Congrats!

Not bad at all. Congrats!

Thank you. I am hoping for more at one year. I am really hoping NFCU will grow with me.

Whew! Glad that's over for you. Congrats, why do you think that they only gave you a $2,000 CLI Do you think it was something to do with the utilization on ur card or something similar? I mean I will take $2,000 CLI I just wanna do whatever I can to get more. Anything that you can suggest to get more. I wanna have a low balance when I do apply, I think that may help. Congrats again Chris.

Whew! Glad that's over for you. Congrats, why do you think that they only gave you a $2,000 CLI Do you think it was something to do with the utilization on ur card or something similar? I mean I will take $2,000 CLI I just wanna do whatever I can to get more. Anything that you can suggest to get more. I wanna have a low balance when I do apply, I think that may help. Congrats again Chris.

The lady said something about time on job and fairly new member as factors in the counter offer.

I have been working with this dealership since 12/06 but took a break in June for a 8 month "hiatus" if you will. Worked a different, low-stress job. Then, I came back here to a promotion.

She said the 2 months on job plus the fact that I have only been a member since 9/07 is what got me the $2,000 CLI instead of the $5,000 I requested. Oh well, I'll take it. :)

Congrats Chris...I've been waiting to see the results...my 6 months is coming up at the end of this month. But, I already got a CLI on both of my cards at 4 months so I don't think they'll give me one again at 6 months but, we'll see...thanks for updating.

Congrats on the CLI!

I was declined at 6 months, so I waited until 9 months and was approved for 12,000 and 10,000, both originally 6000.

My dh is at 6 months right now, but we are going to wait until 9 months to try.

The lady said something about time on job and fairly new member as factors in the counter offer.

I have been working with this dealership since 12/06 but took a break in June for a 8 month "hiatus" if you will. Worked a different, low-stress job. Then, I came back here to a promotion.

She said the 2 months on job plus the fact that I have only been a member since 9/07 is what got me the $2,000 CLI instead of the $5,000 I requested. Oh well, I'll take it. ;)

Thanks for the info, and again congrats on the increase..........like I said I will take it too! Anything with NAVY is good.

Both wife and I just reached 6 month mark on our Rewards cards. After requesting, Navy CLI'd her from 1k to 5k. CLI'd me from 35k to 50k.

Hers was instant. Mine required manual review. (didn't request any income verification though!)

Apparently with no hard pulls.

NFCU rocks.