Sign in to follow this  
MB34

(ATTN WhyChat) CA Reporting SSN as Account# on Medical Collection

RE: http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=324479

Everyone seems to think you are the guru on board so what do you think I should do?

Opt out

Delete old addresses

Send the CRA's where this is reporting the medical dispute letter and add this, in red:

You dispute medical accounts this way:

Dear CRA,

My name is xxxxx xxxxxx , my SS # is xxx xx xxxx.

I am sending this dispute certified mail # xxxx to make sure you receive it.

I have no knowledge or records of account # xxxxx on my report # xxxxx.

Please advise me as to the name and address of the medical provider, the date and type of service,and to whom the service was provided, as any account I might have had would be obsolete.

If you can obtain this information, I also would need the name of the person providing this data, and the manner in which it was provided in order that I may pursue additional legal remedies.

In addition, please note that this unknown account is being reported with my SS# as an account # in violation of the FCRA and FTC ID theft/fraud regulations.

Very truly yours,

xxxxxx

Make sure you HAND ADDRESS the envelope, use personalized stationery and purple or teal font, ( preferably italic).

DO NOT send it RR -WAIT FOR THE FULL RESPONSE FROM THE CRA BEFORE CONTINUING WITH THE HIPAA LETTER PROCESS

Send the reporting CA the medical DV and add this:

Your Name

123 Your Street Address

Your City, ST 01234

ABC Collections

123 NotOnYourLife Ave

Chicago, IL

Date: _________ CRRR#____________

Re: Acct # XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is being sent to you in response to your attached letter.

If you have nothing in writing use the phrase "recent communication, if you have had NO communication other than the entry on your report, use this:

"This letter is being sent to you in response to your recent fraudulent verification of an unknown medical account on my (name of CRA) report"

This is not a refusal to pay, but a notice that your claim is disputed.

In addition, please note that this unknown account is being reported with my SS# as an account # in violation of the FCRA and FTC ID theft/fraud regulations.

Under the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA), I have the right to request validation of the debt you say I owe you. I am requesting proof that I am indeed the party you are asking to pay this debt, and there is some contractual obligation which is binding on me to pay this debt.

Please attach copies of:

Agreement with your client that grants you the authority to collect on this alleged debt,or proof of acquisition by purchase or assignment.

Agreement that bears the signature of the alleged debtor wherein he or she agreed to pay the creditor and as this is a medical account a copy of any HIPAA authorization.

Please also be advised that this letter is not only a formal dispute, but a request that you cease and desist any and all collection activities.

Your receipt of this letter will be considered as having granted consent to the taping of any and all telephone calls to me at my home or business by you or your agents or assigns

I require compliance with the terms and conditions of this letter within 30 days. or a complete withdrawal, in writing, of any claim.

In the event of noncompliance, I reserve the right to file charges and/or complaints with appropriate County, State & Federal authorities ,the BBB and State Bar associations for violations of the FDCPA, FCRA, and Federal and State statutes on fraudulent extortion and illegal collection activities on any account that is time-barred as well as being subject to the HIPAA and (name of your State) medical privacy rules.

I also hereby reserve my right to take private civil action against you to recover damages.

Sincerely,

Your Name(PRINT OR TYPE DO NOT SIGN)

File a complaint with the FTC against the CA for ID theft/fraud

Edited by Why Chat

1. already opted out

2. Sent above DV today

3. Filing FTC complaint today.

4. Will send above CRA letter after CMRRR card returned (1-2 punch)