anyone ever use Vonage?

The last post in this topic was posted 4792 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I'm looking into this to rearrange my budget a little better and just wondered if anyone had it and if they had problems or are happy with the service.

I DO.

I have had service with them for about 4 years. I love it. I have 7 lines, and two 800's and a fax line and never had any problems.

I am able to log in online see whos called and who we have called, and check voicemail at any time.....

I thought it was okay... might actually go back to using them.

We never really had problems with the service. Of course, if we were having problems with cable or the modem, it was a problem then. never major, as we use cell phones mainly.

I have had it since July 2005. I love it. Most of my service issues are directly caused by my internet provider (Comcast, boo!). I really like that your voice mail can be sent in emails as .wav attachments.

I consider myself a techie, and I didn't even know that. Great feature.

That's true...I hate their commercials and I'm a subscriber.

We've had Vonage for about 2 years, give or take. I really love the voicemail to e-mail feature - especially helpful when traveling, but even when I'm at work. It's much easier to open a .wav file than to call in & get my messages. They also have a feature that will transcribe your voicemails and send them to you via e-mail. Anywho, we get the same features as the phone company & then some for about half the cost, which includes unlimited long distance. The only minor annoyance is if your power or cable go out, you also lose the phone service - I have mine set up to forward all calls to my cell phone, which I've only had to use once, when our modem went bad. They replaced it for free, too.

Same here. I have had Vonage for 2 years. The only time I have had problems is when Comcast has had interruptions in our service, which has happened often since they took over our neighborhood last year.

Other thank that -- I have had no issues with billing or any crazy or questionable charges. I have paid 24.99 a month for the last two years without hassle and that I like.

We've had it for about 2 years now. I absolutely love it. No problems. The email voicemail feature is wonderful, since my kids are usually walking around with the phone attached to their head. I know when I get a message for me. Online account management is good too, very nice to see the call log online any time (though there is a little lag sometimes in their system/my phone ringing), it's awesome to see who really calls the kids/who they call, and be able to search history of calls, too. The anonymous caller block is a great feature, I use a lot, too, callers get the default message that we don't accept calls from anonymous numbers. oh oh and the Privacy option they have, I forget what it's called, but basically it's a "do not disturb" feature so the calls are automatically sent to voicemail any time (like after bedtime) so no more being woke up by phonecalls on Saturday EARLY morning, yay! (No, I don't work for vonage.) Oh yes, one more thing, you can forward your calls to the # of your choice anytime for 5 minutes or days, instantly - so if you're not *home* the calls can be forwarded to your cell. All these features, and more, are included in their low monthly fee. Count me in as one very satisfied customer.

• 3 weeks later...

When my husband and I moved to another state two years ago we got set up with Vonage so our customer's and family on the West Coast could dial a local number anytime to reach us. Wonderful, wonderful service. We bought a house a few months back and our area does not have access to broadband yet. So we have to use dial up for awhile.

We have been trying to get Vonage to close our account for months and they refuse. It's like a nightmare that won't end. On their website, they say you have to call in person to verbally close your account. My husband has called at least 10 times, they keep billing us, and they argue and argue and keep passing you around to other customer service people. They emailed my husband and said we have a balance now for $72. He called yesterday and told them he has called several times now to stop the service and they have refused. They have even hung up on him. The last person they passed him to said that they could discontinue the service but he would still owe the taxes due on the last two billing cycles and that if he did not pay, they would immediately turn him over to collections. I can't believe it. I guess the only thing we can do now is to write the corporate office.

The last post in this topic was posted 4792 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.