Sign in to follow this  
socalfiremedic

Credit Card "Pre-Selector" sites?

:Ugh: I just submitted an application to Houshold Bank....I went through the HSBC preselector section and showed that I might qualify for the Household Bank Platinum Card.

We'll see. I have a sinking feeling about this. Got the 10-14 day review message. Already paid electronically the processing fee as well.

Update: That was fast...I wonder what the CL will be

Your application has been approved. We are in the process of validating your funds.

Your card will be sent within 10-14 days.

Your application has been approved. We are in the process of validating your funds.

congrats!

Tried Cap 1, prequalified, applied, denied.

Tried HSBC, prequalified, applied, denied.

Hard pulls on EXP that will last until February 2011.

;)

:dntknw:

1) crap1 probably pulled at least one other CRA

2) hards only hurt for 12 months

3) hards are a natural part of the other half of credit repair.

<_<

I applied for Cap 1 last week and they pulled all three.

:Ugh: I just submitted an application to Houshold Bank....I went through the HSBC preselector section and showed that I might qualify for the Household Bank Platinum Card.

We'll see. I have a sinking feeling about this. Got the 10-14 day review message. Already paid electronically the processing fee as well.

Congrats! Did you add this to the credit pulls database?

Went through the HSBC pre-selector site, was "pre-approved" for a 2% Cash Rewards card w/ a $39 AF, and like a drug addict, I just had to hit it. Received the 10-14 day notice. Damn.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Got approved for both Orchard HSBC and Non Orchard HSBC

CL- HSBS 320

CL -non Orchad HSBS 300 :(

Thanks CB

Got a phone call as was approved for $500 (w/ $39 AF). Well, not the limit I was looking for, but it's another card that will hopefully help keep building up my credit and score. FICO is still hovering around the 650 mark, will probably drop due to this latest inquiry, but glad to see credit is still being given out.

Think I should ask for a CLI when activating my card, or before activating it?

TIA.

Btw, here's the HSBC # that called me: 702.431.1479

When calling, it takes you to their store credit dept., so just ask to be transferred to their major CC dept.

:clapping:

Last week when I expected to finally receive my denial of credit letter from HSBC, I instead received an HSBC mastercard. $300 limit, $59 annual fee. I was surprised and thought a mistake had been made but it activated without problem.

I won't waste a precious inquiry on Capital One.

This is what came up:

"We weren't able to locate any pre-qualified offers"

Then it says:

"but the offer below may fit your needs best", which is simply a suggested product based on the answers I gave.

Not surprised at all the denials considering the default rates flying up.

See this from Calculatedriskblog -

From the Capital One conference call, on Closed End Unsecured Loans (hat tip Brian):

Analyst: When you look at the closed in loans that are clearly under performing at this stage, what is it about either the underwriting or the characteristics of that group of loans which makes that different than say a normal revolving credit card or what would you suppose is maybe leading to the worse than expected performance at this point?

COF CEO: There are several factors involving the closed in loans. From a credit point of view, closed end loans tend to attract, just sort of by the nature of who the customer base that pursues an installment loan, tends to attract a customer base that is a little more credit intense if you will relative to the broad swath of our credit card base because a credit card of course is also a transactional product as well as a borrowing product. These closed in loans in fact were to pretty darn strikingly high FICO customers, basically super prime customers by profile, but they certainly have a degraded a lot more quickly than the overall super prime sort of equivalent super prime credit card customer. You know, they tend to be -- a couple of things about the boom and bust market that we have seen both they tend to perform -- they are performing worse in the boom and bust market we can see that than the credit cards, and they have a higher concentration in boom and bust markets as well.

I did the Orchard Bank link. Said I was prequalified for their "platinum" card w/ $59 AF. I applied, and got the "Your Account is in Review" message....I'm not holding my breath.

I've now run my info through both CapOne's and BOA's pre-screeners twice, "just in case."

No offers.

I'm not playing with that toy anymore.

I applied for the HSBC and was offered the Weekender but then got a 7 - 10 day notice. Does that mean usually denied? Thin file 680 score.

:good:

I applied for Cap 1 last week and they pulled all three.

Cap One pulled all 3 on me in March 08 as well.

i have the cap 1 starter card that was opened in may 2008 with a $500 limit. 39 AF, 16.99 rate. my EQ FICO was 596 and EX was 599 and TU was 636

I moved in august. My household income went from 55K to 85K. I applied for the standard platinum card today and it said I was approved. It did not state my fee or limit, but said my rate would be 7.15 my EQ FICO yesterday was 610, and my TU was 642. Don't know my EX.

i have the cap 1 starter card that was opened in may 2008 with a $500 limit. 39 AF, 16.99 rate. my EQ FICO was 596 and EX was 599 and TU was 636

I moved in august. My household income went from 55K to 85K. I applied for the standard platinum card today and it said I was approved. It did not state my fee or limit, but said my rate would be 7.15 my EQ FICO yesterday was 610, and my TU was 642. Don't know my EX.

Congrats!

I applied for the HSBC and was offered the Weekender but then got a 7 - 10 day notice. Does that mean usually denied? Thin file 680 score.

I checked my status online earlier today and said I was approved with a $3,000 CL. Don't know if I got the weekend tho. Didn't say and it better not have a AF. At first I thought the CL was $300, but then looked again.