socalfiremedic

Credit Card "Pre-Selector" sites?

I checked my app status again last night, and now it says I was approved for $3000. All right! I guess the 10-14 day message isn't an auto decline. My only other CC's are a $250 Sears card from 1999 and a $300 Cap1 from 4/2008. I'm excited to finally have a card that isn't subprigme.

what company gave you that 3K limit. Let me know!

It's the HSBC Weekend Card. I was prequalified using the hsbc

preselector link. The card arrived today. Yay!

congrats!

I've been making good use of the 2% cashback

Not cool! It said I qualified for a cash back- rewards type MC from HSBC and then I go for the hard pull and get "you have the maximum amount of accounts with HSBC"

BOOOO!!! There goes ANOTHER inquiry! grrrrr!

Denied by AmEx....grr....What does this mean exactly?

Too few credit card accounts on which, in our estimation, you have paid a majority of the balance in recent months. (Experian)

Not cool! It said I qualified for a cash back- rewards type MC from HSBC and then I go for the hard pull and get "you have the maximum amount of accounts with HSBC"

[/quot

:)

HSBC played the same trick on me. They flooded me literally with a ton of pre-approval applications ranging from the Orchard Bank card to their HSBC branded cards. One pre-approval application came for ten days straight.

They hope that you will bite one of their offers. Which I did. I selected the Orchard Card. Then when I decided to apply for another card. They turned me down. I realized then they were just throwing a fishing line into the water with bait. Waiting for me to bite and get hooked.

The new trick played now is....flood me with pre-approval car loan application. No thanks. I'm swimming passed that one.

Good luck to you, in your credit card endeavors.

Edited by cap350z

I checked my app status again last night, and now it says I was approved for $3000. All right! I guess the 10-14 day message isn't an auto decline. My only other CC's are a $250 Sears card from 1999 and a $300 Cap1 from 4/2008. I'm excited to finally have a card that isn't subprigme.

BOA didnt approve me for anything.

i applied for the weekender and it said i got approved..

but i went into check my application and it said.

"WE ARE UNABLE TO VERIFY PERSONAL DATA"

Does that mean I wasted a hard Pull for nothing?

I have to call in Monday to see whats up with that..

also whats the difference between HSBC (Non Orchard Bank) and ORCHARD BANK?

Edited by integlspwr

By any chance, did your phone ring with an unknown number when you hit submit? Mine did, & it was an automated message calling to verify my number when I answered. My app wasn't an instant approval. You can check your app status on the hsbc website. It took 2 days before mine said approved. Definitely call & see what info they need to verify. It doesn't sound like a denial to me. Good luck!

By any chance, did your phone ring with an unknown number when you hit submit? Mine did, & it was an automated message calling to verify my number when I answered. My app wasn't an instant approval. You can check your app status on the hsbc website. It took 2 days before mine said approved. Definitely call & see what info they need to verify. It doesn't sound like a denial to me. Good luck!

no my fone did not ring when i click on submit.. i guess i do need to see what they need to verify but ya it doesn't sound like a denial. I'll call them first thing on monday.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Just a fast FYI for all of you.

I applied for the Orchard bank card and was approved, they took the 49 dollars out of my account. I recieved my card approximatly 3 weeks later, when I recieved the card I was astonished to find a charge already on the account for another 49 dollars.

I called Orchard customer service and asked what the charge was for they told me it was my yearly service charge.

I explained I was under the impression that the 49 dollars they took from my checking account was for the first years service and NOT an application fee. They explained that the original 49 dollars was in fact a app fee and the charge on the card was my yearly account fee.

Well I told them to go ahead and cancel the card right then and there and to refund my application fee. The guy I talked to was very disgouraged to hear this and immediatly at his discretion and his idea removed the 49 dollar charge from the card.

It probably helped that I had not activated the card yet.

I don't know if this is useful to anyone else but I found that discussing and not being afraid to tell them thanks but no thanks on the card got them to remove the yearly service charge.

If like me you felt lied to, give them a call and see what they can do for you. I found them to be very agreeable and helpful.

YMMV

Just a fast FYI for all of you.

I applied for the Orchard bank card and was approved, they took the 49 dollars out of my account. I recieved my card approximatly 3 weeks later, when I recieved the card I was astonished to find a charge already on the account for another 49 dollars.

I called Orchard customer service and asked what the charge was for they told me it was my yearly service charge.

I explained I was under the impression that the 49 dollars they took from my checking account was for the first years service and NOT an application fee. They explained that the original 49 dollars was in fact a app fee and the charge on the card was my yearly account fee.

Well I told them to go ahead and cancel the card right then and there and to refund my application fee. The guy I talked to was very disgouraged to hear this and immediatly at his discretion and his idea removed the 49 dollar charge from the card.

I don't know if this is useful to anyone else but I found that discussing and not being afraid to tell them thanks but no thanks on the card got them to remove the yearly service charge.

If like me you felt lied to, give them a call and see what they can do for you. I found them to be very agreeable and helpful.

YMMV

ill make sure to bring this up to see if the Credit limit they give me is wroth is. if they give me a 3k+ CL then i'll go ahead but if its liek 1k or less then ill tell them cancel it. but either way i dont think thats right ot charge you 100 bux right off the bat

activating a card only means you inform the issuer it arrived in the mail; nothing more nothing less.

most issuers will unwind a card within the first 30, 60, or 90 days...especially for products like the one you received. it is SOP for orchard.

no my fone did not ring when i click on submit.. i guess i do need to see what they need to verify but ya it doesn't sound like a denial. I'll call them first thing on monday.

I'll keep everyone posted.

just wanted to update everyone that the application was denied because the personal data information could not be verified.

the rep said to apply again online. I did not want to apply again if its going to do a Hard pull. The number I called was 1-800-660-1767. I answered the questions truthfully and what I knew but not sure why the application didn't go through.

any idea why, and whats going on? any number I can try and call.

Thanks again..

Just FYI: It looks like the pre-selector currently goes directly to a Weekender application form, as opposed to showing you what cards you may be pre-approved for.

I have been following this thread, and although I have multiple inquiries and new accounts and a bk7 disch jan '05, I went ahead and bit the bullet on hsbc.....was approved for $3600 weekender card....have had an Orchard MC since Mar '06. YAY!!! One of my higher CL's!

Amex sent me a preapproved application and then denied me. My credit scores are fair. Unfortunately, I was hit with an inquiry.

Stay away from Amex. I learned from my mortgage lender that Amex affects your credit usage rate. For example, since there is no true credit limit, any amount shows a high utilization rate for that card. Go thing Amex declined me.

Would like to second this question. Any answers?

Is there a Wells Fargo "Pre-Selector" site?

Same here!

Would like to second this question. Any answers?

Is there a Wells Fargo "Pre-Selector" site?

Not that I know of. Maybe I just have not found it yet. i already have a card with them and was told I could only have one, so I havent really been looking around.

Amex sent me a preapproved application and then denied me. My credit scores are fair. Unfortunately, I was hit with an inquiry.

Stay away from Amex. I learned from my mortgage lender that Amex affects your credit usage rate. For example, since there is no true credit limit, any amount shows a high utilization rate for that card. Go thing Amex declined me.

That might be true for their "traditional" Green and Gold cards, but for Blue, Costco, Delta Skymiles, and the other credit cards, it's not.

The key with Amex is to get a "credit" card but use it as a "charge" card by PIF'ing monthly.

I have been following this thread, and although I have multiple inquiries and new accounts and a bk7 disch jan '05, I went ahead and bit the bullet on hsbc.....was approved for $3600 weekender card....have had an Orchard MC since Mar '06. YAY!!! One of my higher CL's!

I haven't been able to get the Weekender yet - whenever I visit the site, I get offered their low-end card with no rewards and an AF.