socalfiremedic

Credit Card "Pre-Selector" sites?

Do the preapprovals work if you are OPTED OUT??

I don't think so. Never opted out myself. Try it and see. You can always take it off and try again. ⚘

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I gave the CardMatch link that cv posted a shot, and it came back with Sapphire Preferred, Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, and the usual jank cards for suckers. Not like the Chase offerings are really neato...

...Sapphire Preferred has a 50k signup. Is that standard or unique to the offer?

I find it strange that Chase would pop up because I'm iced across the board.

I haven't apped for anything in about two years, so 5/24...

Edited by ubercat

50k is the standard. I think there was a 60k a few months ago but I believe it is expired.

50k is the standard. I think there was a 60k a few months ago but I believe it is expired.

Thanks mec. ;)

Use Amex selector when not logged in, incognito IIRC, and it works.  Though with me shifted to 0% paydowns again, I'm not planning on an app til around December. XD

I have my reports frozen. (Sometimes I regret the hassle.) Anyway, do any of those links get under it for the purposes of prequalification? I assume not. Amex is my specific target.

The backstory: 17 year old baddies from Amex. When I tried to prequalify Amex only said no offers at this time and made no reference to past history. Not sure if that suggests the baddies are not a factor and the respose was based on frozen reports.

Edited by busted2

On 7/13/2018 at 4:36 AM, busted2 said:

I have my reports frozen. (Sometimes I regret the hassle.) Anyway, do any of those links get under it for the purposes of prequalification? I assume not. Amex is my specific target.

The backstory: 17 year old baddies from Amex. When I tried to prequalify Amex only said no offers at this time and made no reference to past history. Not sure if that suggests the baddies are not a factor and the respose was based on frozen reports.

freezing also opts you out and being opted out removes you from the prescreening process.

the nice thing with amex is if you apply they usually first check their internal "bads file" before pulling a credit report and will reject based on the bads file (if you're still on the blacklist).