Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Credit Card "Pre-Selector" sites?

Hi

When I apply for these pre-appr cards this message comes up and wondering if everyone gets the same message ..

"

XXXXXX we couldn't match your records to a card offer

But based on your answers, we think you might like this card."

Trying to build my credit back up so I can buy a house soon and get bettr rates .

I was offered these cards...should I take it..I don't really plan on using it other than small ticket items.

I used the links in this thread...If I don't get approved will they show as a hard pull ?

Thanks

=====================================================================================================

Capital One® Classic Platinum

Credit Card FeaturesPrimary Benefit:Get the credit you need with a 0% Intro APRPurchase APR:0% Intro APR until July 2012; 17.9%-22.9% variable APR after thatTransfer Information:17.9%-22.9% variable APR; No transfer feeAnnual Fee:$39

====================================================================================

VentureOneSM Rewards Credit Card FeaturesPrimary Benefit:1.25 miles per dollar on every purchase. Plus, earn 10,000 bonus miles.Purchase APR:0% Intro APR until October 2012; 11.9%-19.9% variable APR after thatTransfer Information:11.9%-19.9% variable APR; No transfer feeAnnual Fee:$0===============================================================================

Capital One® Platinum Prestige

Primary Benefit:Save money with a 0% Intro APR on purchases and transfers

Purchase APR:0% Intro APR until January 2013; 10.9%-18.9% variable APR after that

Transfer Information:0% Intro APR until January 2013; 10.9%-18.9% variable APR after that; 3% fee per transfer

Annual Fee:$0

==================================================================================

VentureSM Rewards

Primary Benefit: 2 miles per dollar on every purchase. Plus, earn 10,000 bonus miles.<H6>Purchase APR:11.9%-19.9% variable APR

Transfer Information:11.9%-19.9% variable APR; No transfer fee

Annual Fee:$0 intro for the first year; $59 after that

===============================================================================================

Edited by Thunder-Bolt

im 22 and have no credit. been applying for some of these and get no pre qualify offers.

what am i supposed to do on some of these when it asks for mortgage amount? i dont pay the mortgage since im with my parents.

cam someone please tell me how to get a black card or any credit card

Ok, to answer my own question. I went to the soft pull site on Amex. There was a link

there that said something like "already a card member? see what offers ...."

after logging in I see this on the screen:

20080311-jt8bkkuha2k8imat5dcy82f356.jpg

Hmm. I already have an Amex Blue, why offer it again. This just looks like a trap

for me to waste another pull on exp. What do you guys think. I only have 2 baddies

left on EXP , blood sucking Palisades collection (DV goes out tomorrow) and a paid

collection from 2003. This is a tough one. I'm surprised they didn't put a green among

the choices. I feel out of my league with the offers presented. Well, except for the "Blue"

cards.

AMEX Platinum, Gold or Green are all alike. Someone on this board is in the 500's and has a black card.

cam someone please tell me how to get a black card or any credit card

be the number one player picked in an NFL draft.

or use a sharpy on an extant credit card.

These "pre-selectors" are pointless.

The Discover one keeps "pre-approving" me for a Discover More, weeks after I was declined when I foolishly responded to one of their "pre-screened" letters.

Edited by DemonPazuzu

These "pre-selectors" are pointless.

The Discover one keeps "pre-approving" me for a Discover More, weeks after I was declined when I foolishly responded to one of their "pre-screened" letters.

Pre-selections are ALWAYS "YMMV"

To say they are pointless is ignorant. They serve a purpose for many people, just not yourself in this case with Discover.

I think I read somewhere on this board (may even be in this thread somewhere) that pre-approvals are score based and not history based. You may meet their requirements for a pre-approval with your score, but your history has something in it that doesn't meet requirements for the actual approval of their card/loan/service

Edited by Kevin22

I was opted-out from "Pre-Selected Offers" for a couple of years and opted back in about a week ago...

How soon will it take before I can try the "store-checkout" trick with success?

Thanks!

im 22 and have no credit. been applying for some of these and get no pre qualify offers.

what am i supposed to do on some of these when it asks for mortgage amount? i dont pay the mortgage since im with my parents.

Get a cap one secured card.

Woohoo!! Applied to the Discover More pre-selector card. Never had anything so instant for an approval. I've been working hard on my credit for 2 years since my sad story (everybody has one) credit fall from grace. The biggest amount I've ever been approved for as well!!

I was opted-out from "Pre-Selected Offers" for a couple of years and opted back in about a week ago...

Thanks!

usually around 90 days.

Woohoo!! Applied to the Discover More pre-selector card. Never had anything so instant for an approval. I've been working hard on my credit for 2 years since my sad story (everybody has one) credit fall from grace. The biggest amount I've ever been approved for as well!!

congrats!!!

folks in this thread...don't forget to update the creditpulls database :)

at any point you have to ask if the creditor is inquiry friendly it's time to stop applying... not trying to be mean. just friendly advice.. (<------former horribly app doing do-er lol.. I did a app spree that would make most people faint lol...back in xmas of 05 lol)...

Edited by LuvingMomof5boys

at any point you have to ask if the creditor is inquiry friendly it's time to stop applying... not trying to be mean. just friendly advice.. (<------former horribly app doing do-er lol.. I did a app spree that would make most people faint lol...back in xmas of 05 lol)...

I DO understand...lol. just curious. I am going to lay off apps for a while, but I was wonderig at what point denials stop saying "Too many inquiries" as a reason for denial. What # is too many?

I DO understand...lol. just curious. I am going to lay off apps for a while, but I was wonderig at what point denials stop saying "Too many inquiries" as a reason for denial. What # is too many?

Good question! A lot depends on the c c company. If the inquiries are over 1 year i would not worry about it. My guess is over 3 in the last 6 months would probably be too many!

I have to say when I did the PreQualifier app spree the ones that were recommended for me I was always approved...then

i got brave and tried for other cards that weren't recommended and I was denied.

4 out of 7 so I'm happy for now and now that I'm bumping I have the urge to go on another app spree to increase my ULI.

EQ bumping but TU hasn't budge so I signed up for a 4th daily pull :aggressive:

Edited by Thunder-Bolt

Thanks!

What's this checkout trick you speak of?

Thanks!

What's this checkout trick you speak of?

some people claim applying in store increasing your chances of approval and higher limits. The main reason to apply in store is to mitigate concerns a creditor might have with ID verification.

the trick mentioned might also refer to the fact some store do at-check-out prescreened offers (e.g., target).

at-check-out prescreened offers (e.g., target).

Do please tell more about this at Target? I'm always asked if I want to apply. And I DO! But, I'm afraid I'll be denied. How does a Target pre-screened offer work?

at-check-out prescreened offers (e.g., target).

Do please tell more about this at Target? I'm always asked if I want to apply. And I DO! But, I'm afraid I'll be denied. How does a Target pre-screened offer work?

I am not that familiar with it, but target used to put prescreened offers on receipts. (I would not suggest responding to a clerk's offer since it is probably just a way to market the products).