socalfiremedic

Credit Card "Pre-Selector" sites?

went to AMEX site and i get this

Currently, our systems are not responding. Please try again later or call/contact us as follows:

To apply by phone or for product information -- 1-800-223-2670. To check the status of a previously submitted application click here or call 1-888-826-3471 (Mon-Fri 6am-9pm MST).

We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to serving you.

Or is it just me?

so why dont these soft pulls help when it comes to *B*?

The soft pulls are done on EX and EX doesn't "B".

went to AMEX site and i get this

Currently, our systems are not responding. Please try again later or call/contact us as follows:

To apply by phone or for product information -- 1-800-223-2670. To check the status of a previously submitted application click here or call 1-888-826-3471 (Mon-Fri 6am-9pm MST).

We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to serving you.

Or is it just me?

That happened to me on Safari, but went on my PC and tried on IE and it took me to the non-error page.

What is wrong with me? Why can't I stop applying when I see threads like this? I think part of it is that I just keep expecting to start getting declined. Only, I keep getting approved. Why is it that people with better scores and no bk get toy $300 CapOne limits, and I just got my second CapOne card, this one with a starting limit of $1500 (higher starting limit than the one that's about five months old)? :swoon:

Seriously - did I give some special nookie to a CapOne exec's forefather in a previous life or WHAT? :)

I thought what the heck and give it a try and was approved by Cap one. It did not give a limit, though.

Just that I was approved and would receive my package in 7-10 days.

It actually does say, but it's easy to overlook. There's a graphic down at the bottom similar to what it was before you clicked "apply" that gave all the details of the card - the CL is listed down there. I almost didn't see it!

Congrats on your approval!

I thought what the heck and give it a try and was approved by Cap one. It did not give a limit, though.

Just that I was approved and would receive my package in 7-10 days.

Call and ask

Ok - just tried for the Capital One Card and was approved for it also. Still just another $300.00 - but it's looking up for me! :)

I tried the Capital One soft pull link earlier this morning and there were no offers. Pulled the trigger on a hard pull (Cap One Platinum) and was instantly approved for $2,000 at 12.9%!

I was floored! :lol:

This is my highest instant approval, and this nearly matched my highest Visa/MC limit card (which is Cap One at $2,300!)

I want the blue one :lol: Its so pwetty

So do I, so I converted my Delta SkyMiles card to an Amex Blue. No problems, no questions asked.

I always was denied for the Blue, so I figure i can apply for the SkyMiles again in 6-12 months, so i can have both :-D lmao

Thanks for the links! I went through with the Cap1 and it was my first ever instant approval. $500 bucks, which is same limit as last month's BofA 99/500 limit. At least I don't have to send a check in and I got a lower rate at 16.99!

BOA is not a soft pull. It is a way to see if they have a standing offer for you. If they do and you apply then it will be a hard.

BOA is not a soft pull.
The "check for offers" link isn't a hard pull.

I speak not only from experience, but also from the wording on their site:

"This is not an application for credit. The information requested below helps us to determine if you qualify for any special offers. If qualified, you will receive an invitation to apply for a credit card. We will not use the information that you provide us for any other purpose."

that is not what I meant. The BOA form only looks to see if you have a standing offer from BOA. It does not in real time access your credit as a soft or hard; unless you apply then it will be the hard way.

wrong info above, b of a pre approval access your eq file in real time and gives you pre aproval offers. It will show as prm bank of america soft inquiry on your hard eq report. It is totally different from any standing bof a offers.

BOA is not a soft pull. It is a way to see if they have a standing offer for you. If they do and you apply then it will be a hard.

BOA is not a soft pull.
The "check for offers" link isn't a hard pull.

I speak not only from experience, but also from the wording on their site:

"This is not an application for credit. The information requested below helps us to determine if you qualify for any special offers. If qualified, you will receive an invitation to apply for a credit card. We will not use the information that you provide us for any other purpose."

that is not what I meant. The BOA form only looks to see if you have a standing offer from BOA. It does not in real time access your credit as a soft or hard; unless you apply then it will be the hard way.

wrong info above, b of a pre approval access your eq file in real time and gives you pre aproval offers. It will show as prm bank of america soft inquiry on your hard eq report. It is totally different from any standing bof a offers.

and if you take the pre approval offer than it pulls a hard.

All of these pulled EX? Too bad, it's frozen.

I tried AMEX and was not offered anything but got a error message for both HSBC and Orchard.

Seriously - did I give some special nookie to a CapOne exec's forefather in a previous life or WHAT? ;)

:)

You may wish to ask for CLI and also consider their computerized re allocation to avoid the toy $2,000 CL looking bad on your report/ scores.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate you guys. ;) I just couldnt resist it after reading someone's post that said no hard was pulled for the AMEX pre-approved application for existing card members. I swore before that I wouldnt get another card till 2009. So guess what? A HARD on EX and a toy line of $2000. Currently at $20k on HH and $12.5k on Optima Plat.

This is obvioulsy the AMEX's way of saying "you're pretty much on the borderline of the maximum credit we can extend to you. so we gave you this card with the minimum limit. get ready for F/R".

I really regret it now. Slapping myself. T__T

Seriously - did I give some special nookie to a CapOne exec's forefather in a previous life or WHAT? :o

;)

Oh, come on Stryker, you know you thought that was funny. ;)

Did the Amex one and came up with Gold (has AF), Green (has AF), Blue, Blue Sky, and Hilton Honors Platinum. I'm thinking of going for the Blue.