socalfiremedic

Credit Card "Pre-Selector" sites?

Ok, to answer my own question. I went to the soft pull site on Amex. There was a link

there that said something like "already a card member? see what offers ...."

after logging in I see this on the screen:

20080311-jt8bkkuha2k8imat5dcy82f356.jpg

Hmm. I already have an Amex Blue, why offer it again. This just looks like a trap

for me to waste another pull on exp. What do you guys think. I only have 2 baddies

left on EXP , blood sucking Palisades collection (DV goes out tomorrow) and a paid

collection from 2003. This is a tough one. I'm surprised they didn't put a green among

the choices. I feel out of my league with the offers presented. Well, except for the "Blue"

cards.

Thanks!

I just did the orchard bank one, and was offered an unsecured, so I took them up on it. They said it was approved.

This is good because we need to add some more revolving credit before we apply for a mortgage in the next 1-2 yrs. I had thought I was going to need to do a secured card.

What was your CL?

Tanya

Ok, to answer my own question. I went to the soft pull site on Amex. There was a link

Hmm. I already have an Amex Blue, why offer it again. This just looks like a trap

for me to waste another pull on exp. What do you guys think. I only have 2 baddies

left on EXP , blood sucking Palisades collection (DV goes out tomorrow) and a paid

collection from 2003. This is a tough one. I'm surprised they didn't put a green among

the choices. I feel out of my league with the offers presented. Well, except for the "Blue"

cards.

AMEX Platinum, Gold or Green are all alike. Someone on this board is in the 500's and has a black card.

cards.

AMEX Platinum, Gold or Green are all alike. Someone on this board is in the 500's and has a black card.

Show me proof! B) I want to be 'THAT' guy!

who?

i have blue cash and got the same screen... pulled the trigger on gold. denied, but they didn't pull a hard. this was last week.

as always, YMMV, but it didn't cost me anything.

cards.

Sigh, I switched to applying for a green, got denied. I've applied before and usually there is no hard pull. Good

thing since EXP is so *B* resistant. I guess trying for blue sky card might set off alarms. <_<

i have blue cash and got the same screen... pulled the trigger on gold. denied, but they didn't pull a hard. this was last week.

as always, YMMV, but it didn't cost me anything.

cards.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate you guys. <_< I just couldnt resist it after reading someone's post that said no hard was pulled for the AMEX pre-approved application for existing card members. I swore before that I wouldnt get another card till 2009. So guess what? A HARD on EX and a toy line of $2000. Currently at $20k on HH and $12.5k on Optima Plat.

This is obvioulsy the AMEX's way of saying "you're pretty much on the borderline of the maximum credit we can extend to you. so we gave you this card with the minimum limit. get ready for F/R".

I really regret it now. Slapping myself. T__T

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate you guys. :grin: I just couldnt resist it after reading someone's post that said no hard was pulled for the AMEX pre-approved application for existing card members. I swore before that I wouldnt get another card till 2009. So guess what? A HARD on EX and a toy line of $2000. Currently at $20k on HH and $12.5k on Optima Plat.

This is obvioulsy the AMEX's way of saying "you're pretty much on the borderline of the maximum credit we can extend to you. so we gave you this card with the minimum limit. get ready for F/R".

2kCLs are quite significant to us weaklings <_<

So big fat WARNING

A HARD will likely be pulled (most likely EX!!) if you get approved with the AMEX link. Don't try it unless you're ready for the pull!!!!!!

HSBC offered me their "Weekend" card.. interesting.

What, they won't let you use it during the week?!? :)

Hahahaha.

It is a weird concept for a card... I think it said 3% cash back on WEEKEND purchases, 1% on weekdays. I'm guessing anyone who has this *DOESN'T* use this card on the weekdays. :)

WTH - Amex said that thier special offers were not available to me. WTH. They also said that it would not affect my credit score. If I see an IQ from AMEX, letter writing time.

Edit, now Capital 1 said I dont qualify for anything. Screw all of them then.

Edited by Shane

Tried Amex - no luck

Approved through Orchard Bank - $300.00 limit.

Better than nothing! It's looking better - last year at this time it would have totally been denied.

Thanks!

WTH - Amex said that thier special offers were not available to me. WTH. They also said that it would not affect my credit score. If I see an IQ from AMEX, letter writing time.

Edit, now Capital 1 said I dont qualify for anything. Screw all of them then.

Your scores look good - Could it be that you are in Germany? :clapping:

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate you guys. :lol: I just couldnt resist it after reading someone's post that said no hard was pulled for the AMEX pre-approved application for existing card members. I swore before that I wouldnt get another card till 2009. So guess what? A HARD on EX and a toy line of $2000. Currently at $20k on HH and $12.5k on Optima Plat.

2kCLs are quite significant to us weaklings :clapping:

:clapping: I would give my right arm and part of my left to have a CC with a 2K limit. For now anyways...Of course I would give my right arm for 1K limit right now too.

Ok, I get no bites from Amex. Pre-approval for Cap1 No 1% cashback card (closed the screen already!), but I am not ready to bite... so afraid of the $500 limit.

My EX is frozen, so I figure that's why no Amex luvin. Has anyone with frozen EX and no open Amex accts gotten a preapproval offer?

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate you guys. :D I just couldnt resist it after reading someone's post that said no hard was pulled for the AMEX pre-approved application for existing card members. I swore before that I wouldnt get another card till 2009. So guess what? A HARD on EX and a toy line of $2000. Currently at $20k on HH and $12.5k on Optima Plat.

Or a massive CLD.........

So big fat WARNING

A HARD will likely be pulled (most likely EX!!) if you get approved with the AMEX link. Don't try it unless you're ready for the pull!!!!!!

Ohhhhhh...... I was tempted to do that.

Thanks for being the guinea pig..... :D

I annoyed my boyfriend into looking at the AMEX pre-approval screen. :D It gave him AMEX gold and green AF free for one year, and then AMEX Blue, Blue Sky, and HH.

He applied for Blue. Got a $5k limit with 9.99% APR.

I hate him right now LOL.