Credit Card "Pre-Selector" sites?

just got approved for the best buy mastercard with a $100 credit limit!!

yippee for me!!

anybody have luck getting a CLI with this card lately??? i am thinking of giving them a call.....

i am suprised, since my fako's were around the mid 500's....i was afraid that i would be denied....

Edited by linney

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would like to mention I was approved with an sp on EQ for 4.5k using this site. 

anyone have a current link for US Skank prequal?   ETA: the crap1 link also seems to crap out  

UPDATED LIST 5/5/2020   USALLIANCE Financial Credit Union HSBC Capital One Citi Chase Bank of America Discovery American Express BBVA BankMob

I just got my BB Gold MC Rewards card ($100 CL) and activated it.

Was not able to get a CLI.

They said their CLI system is sort of in limbo now (my paraphrasing) and when it finally shakes out, they'll be applying them automagically as deemed appropriate.

Still waiting on:

USAA Secured card app

KAY card

Jared card

JB Robinson card

Ok - just tried for the Capital One Card and was approved for it also. Still just another $300.00 - but it's looking up for me! :angry:

I tried the Capital One soft pull link earlier this morning and there were no offers. Pulled the trigger on a hard pull (Cap One Platinum) and was instantly approved for $2,000 at 12.9%!

I was floored! :huh:

This is my highest instant approval, and this nearly matched my highest Visa/MC limit card (which is Cap One at $2,300!)

Who does Capital One pull?

Ok - just tried for the Capital One Card and was approved for it also. Still just another $300.00 - but it's looking up for me! :angry:

I tried the Capital One soft pull link earlier this morning and there were no offers. Pulled the trigger on a hard pull (Cap One Platinum) and was instantly approved for $2,000 at 12.9%!

I was floored! :huh:

This is my highest instant approval, and this nearly matched my highest Visa/MC limit card (which is Cap One at $2,300!)

They have been known to pull all 3.

Ok - just tried for the Capital One Card and was approved for it also. Still just another $300.00 - but it's looking up for me! :clapping:

I was floored! :rolleyes:

2 or 3

Only 1 is very rare

PreApproved for the HSBC Best Buy Rewards Zone MC, so I took the chance and applied; hard EQ and approved for 300 - I too received the 'confirmation call' upon hitting the submit button. CSR advised they are doing automatic CLI's only for now and it would be 3 months or so.

Tried to get the pre-approval window to show up at VS but it didn't. I shop there so much I figured what the heck. Hard EX and approved for 250, didn't request a CLI...yet.

im looking at my credit reports, and they pulled all three.

when they pulled i had a judgment showing on experian, about $2400 in debt owed, and no open tradelines. so i guess thats why.

my scores (FAKO) were about 580 across the board on all three.

just giving you my info maybe will shed some light and help you out. but like i said i did get approved for the best buy mastercard and the orchard bank mastercard, both of those are HSBC.

the hsbc best buy mastercard pulls only equifax (hard pull, not sure of soft pulls but i assume this doesnt matter now)

the hsbc orchard bank pulls only equifax (hard pull, not sure of soft pulls but i assume this doesnt matter)

on my equifax i only have two default accounts. one is is verizon wireless, 2 years chargedoff now, and citibank, about 6 and a half years charged off now. no open accounts. no public record. and boths hsbc cards approved me

hope this helps someone

Edited by bluesmap
I have a question for you all if you have used the American Express Pre-Selector. Is it at all like HSBC pre-selector or any other of those sites where it may say you are pre selected for an offer only to reject you in the next step? Or is Amex different and actually pre-selector = a pre-approval?

Says i am preselected for Amex gold and green when i filled it out. =/ I was declined for a different amex card (blue cash) about a month ago.

715 Fico Eq,

CCT Fako 715 Ex, 724 TU

good question and i wonder the same

Amex pre-selection does not guarantee approval. There have been numerous cases where someone used the pre-selector, got a recommendation, applied on that basis and was denied. Tread lightly. :rolleyes:

I have a question for you all if you have used the American Express Pre-Selector. Is it at all like HSBC pre-selector or any other of those sites where it may say you are pre selected for an offer only to reject you in the next step? Or is Amex different and actually pre-selector = a pre-approval?

Says i am preselected for Amex gold and green when i filled it out. =/ I was declined for a different amex card (blue cash) about a month ago.

715 Fico Eq,

CCT Fako 715 Ex, 724 TU

good question and i wonder the same

Amex pre-selection does not guarantee approval. There have been numerous cases where someone used the pre-selector, got a recommendation, applied on that basis and was denied. Tread lightly. :)

I went ahead and applied since then. Lucky me and i got approved for Amex Green =)

just got approved for the best buy mastercard with a $100 credit limit!!

yippee for me!!

anybody have luck getting a CLI with this card lately??? i am thinking of giving them a call.....

i am suprised, since my fako's were around the mid 500's....i was afraid that i would be denied....

I tried using the credit limit increase button on the website and got nothing so, I called a CSR and asked about putting in a request for an credit limit increase on my card. She said that,"due to the Credit Card Act of 2009 HSBC will not be doing any credit limit increases at this time".

How many credit cards do I need when rebuilding credit?

Not that I worship at the F.I.C.O. ALTAR...but 1 or 2 is the wrong answer for the best score (WHAT EVER "BEST" IS)

If you are just starting out...3 or 4 is a good number

I guess you know your credit is bad when you cant get an HSBC or Cap 1, lol .. I did get approved for a best buy MC though, $100 . Better than nothing I guess, I dont know what I should have expected with 0 pos TL's ..

Edited by Ar.Bee
I guess you know your credit is bad when you cant get an HSBC or Cap 1, lol .. I did get approved for a best buy MC though, $100 . Better than nothing I guess, I dont know what I should have expected with 0 pos TL's ..

Try First Premier

You'll have to pay an annual fee and other fees starting up, but i do pay homage because i started off with that card in May and now i have over 15 store and credit cards.

Try First Premier

You'll have to pay an annual fee and other fees starting up, but i do pay homage because i started off with that card in May and now i have over 15 store and credit cards.

a secured credit card or two would be a better option than first premier.

also, to Ar.Bee, are you opted in? some credit products are only solicited to people who are opted in.

Try First Premier

a secured credit card or two would be a better option than first premier.

also, to Ar.Bee, are you opted in? some credit products are only solicited to people who are opted in.

Agreed. I'd stay as far away as First Premier as possible. Good luck!