Credit Card "Pre-Selector" sites?

I decided to try the Best Buy pre selector and was offered their 'Gold Card' and their 'Secured Card'. I was very excited at that point. They also wanted to ask me a bunch of security questions online (3) which I decided to answer. Upon answering them I received the 'We'll contact you in 10-14 days' message. My excitement was subdued at that point. We'll see what happens. I had thought about applying for the Victoria Secret, Discover, and BOA soft pull links but didn't know if pulling either of those would affect my Best Buy card application...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would like to mention I was approved with an sp on EQ for 4.5k using this site. 

anyone have a current link for US Skank prequal?   ETA: the crap1 link also seems to crap out  

UPDATED LIST 5/5/2020   USALLIANCE Financial Credit Union HSBC Capital One Citi Chase Bank of America Discovery American Express BBVA BankMob

I decided to try the Best Buy pre selector and was offered their 'Gold Card' and their 'Secured Card'. I was very excited at that point. They also wanted to ask me a bunch of security questions online (3) which I decided to answer. Upon answering them I received the 'We'll contact you in 10-14 days' message. My excitement was subdued at that point. We'll see what happens. I had thought about applying for the Victoria Secret, Discover, and BOA soft pull links but didn't know if pulling either of those would affect my Best Buy card application...

discover has a soft pull? where? did i miss it? let me go back and read some.

discover has a soft pull? where? did i miss it? let me go back and read some.

Discover does not have a soft pull site; they have a web page where you can build your card based on your personal opinion of your credit then choose your rewards and terms.

That's a good thing.... that's the same thing that happened with me and when I checked my application status a few days later I was approved. 500 limit with a 39 annual fee... not so bad since I just came out of bankruptcy in September.

• 2 weeks later...
If you are opted out you definitely won't get the message. They are using an instant soft pull to look at your credit report, and that can't happen if you are opted out.

My theory is that they have ALREADY done a Promotional Inquiry if you are opted in, so when you go to one of their online stores and your name and address matches their records, that's when you get the pre-approved offer. But if you're opted out, then they may not have had a chance to do a promotional inquiry when you were opted in, and thus why some people won't get an offer.

Thinking about this again , I don't know if Opting Back in is worth a possible $250-500 WFNNB store account...

My mother got the pre-approved pop up(s), but she hadn't had previous soft pulls from any of them. (I checked.)

Anyone know if a pop-up blocker on my browser might be causing me not to get the pre-approval screen? Experiences? Thanks!

i am not sure if this one is listed but its the link to HSBC Rewards Zone Best Buy master card

Best Buy mastercard

that's not a hard pull?

Good to know. My EQ just went up to a 660 so i decided to try since a few weeks ago, it said secured only. Got a 500 limit. I think the only reason i got that is because mysteriously, Capital One raised my limit from 300 to 500. I always thought this card did not grow with u.

Amex - fail

Capone- we'll get back to you - probable fail

HSBC Platinum - you have the maximum - I guess they consider orchard one of their cards.

Im gonna try Jared, Walmart and Target and then Im done for awhile.

CapOne sent me an email today saying my card was in the mail. 6 days later. I called the customer service line and found out my limit is $500. Kinda shocked about that. Jared approved me too.

Edited by abduljabbar

Whoa... for the past three weeks I've hit the cap1 and orchard pre-q links and every time it says there's nothing/secured to offer me.

Yesterday two things happened. First, I got an email from Public Savings Bank saying my card would be issued in a couple of days, now that my security deposit cleared. Then, I was notified by TU that my dispute was done, and saying that an old CA had been deleted.

Last night I hit the Orchard pre-q link and was pre-q'd for an unsecured mc! It asked for $19 processing fee from my bank account so I gave them the info. Checked online this morning and it said "pending - we are unable to finalize your app" then something about hearing from them in 10-14 days.

I realized I use a POBox for our mailing address but the app there only allowed the street address ... this means that they probably had an issue with matching my address to my CRs. So I called and entered my SSN at the prompt and it said to expedite the app process I could talk to a rep to answer some verification questions if I wanted to. I pressed one to continue, talked to a rep, she asked me about my address (BINGO! knew it was the holdup), and then told me that my card would be issued shortly!! I asked about the CL, she said recommended limit was $300, I asked about AF, she said $74 (yikes!), I asked about adding my husband as an AU and she said just call when I get the card and tell a rep I want to do that, and they'll take care of it.

Holy cow.. the last time I had a credit card was... um... 2001? CB, I love you!!

(Then called JCPenney who had given me a 7-10 notice a week or two ago, but they ran through my address situation as well and then declined me. I told her my CR was just changed and that TU said they'd send an updated copy to anyone who recently denied me credit - she said she'd recommend just waiting 30 days and reapplying so they grab the newly updated report. I shall.)