Credit Card "Pre-Selector" sites?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would like to mention I was approved with an sp on EQ for 4.5k using this site. 

anyone have a current link for US Skank prequal?   ETA: the crap1 link also seems to crap out  

UPDATED LIST 5/5/2020   USALLIANCE Financial Credit Union HSBC Capital One Citi Chase Bank of America Discovery American Express BBVA BankMob

If you need a store card to build your credit, keep in mind that Spiegel, Metrostyle,Chadwicks, and Roamans all have soft pulls on their website

I think it is best to create account, fill your basket, and then see if they say pre-approved

I applied for the Metrostyle credit card and was declined.....Decided i would buy two suits off of one of my credit cards and then it hit me with a "you have been pre-approved, enter the last 4 of your social

So dont apply until they give the pre-approval after u out some items in your basket and you sign in

If you need a store card to build your credit, keep in mind that Spiegel, Metrostyle,Chadwicks, and Roamans all have soft pulls on their website

I think it is best to create account, fill your basket, and then see if they say pre-approved

I applied for the Metrostyle credit card and was declined.....Decided i would buy two suits off of one of my credit cards and then it hit me with a "you have been pre-approved, enter the last 4 of your social

So dont apply until they give the pre-approval after u out some items in your basket and you sign in

Thanks! I had applied before with metro and had been denied. Just tried with a couple things in my basket and was approved

Thanks again

No problem

Also.....Its not a hard pull either. When Vickie's secret pre-approved me, no hard pull from them either. I guess because u just enter in your last 4 and your birthdate, not sure but i was excited that it did not result in a hard pull

I just have the hard pull from when i was denied the night before i was pre-approved. Oh well.

I now have all of the cards, but with a low limit. 250.00 and it wouldnt surprise me if i have to share it with the other cards.

Also.....Its not a hard pull either. When Vickie's secret pre-approved me, no hard pull from them either. I guess because u just enter in your last 4 and your birthdate, not sure but i was excited that it did not result in a hard pull

It's true! My Wife has wanted a VS card for sometime (I don't mind that!) but we did not like the idea of blowing a hard EX on them...

We followed the above advice...

went to VS, created a brand new account... shopped for a couple of unmentionables... put them in the cart, hit checkout and a preapproval screen appeared... It said she was approved for $750 and only asked to confirm identity by putting in the last 4 digits of her social... There was nothing to fill out as with any "credit app" I have ever seen... just the last 4 digits. We hit accept, paid with the card and got the confirmation email...

I then went through the backdoor 2 hours later to get real reports, pulled all three and there is no hard INQ. I could not even find a recent soft specifically from VS??? There are a bunch of random softs as she is opted in... She must have been preapproved through some prescreening? So she get's her Angel card with a decent limit and no EX INQ.

If anything changes I will update but I think she got a desired TL without a hard... INQ that is.

Oh, her fako EX score on quizzle was 712.

Just to add to the previous post... My Wife has a soft from "Venue" another WNNFB product... It seems that this is where the preapproval came from... The was no hard pull for her VS account... I think that the process noted above must be followed to see if you are pre-approved... a cold app would likely result in a hard INQ. Amazing... I call national city to ask a simple question about points and they pull a hard!

• 3 weeks later...

For those who have been pre-approved for the WFNNB products at checkout (VS, Speiegels, etc), are you Opted-Out? I've never gotten that message, so I had a friend try it to see at what point you might get the pre-approval (wasn't sure if I actually had to enter in my CC info) and he got the message. Didn't even create an account, just got the message after putting his shipping address in and continuing to the payment info.

My DW got the Victoria's pre-approval at checkout... She is NOT opted out while I am (I got no pre-approval)

We did figure out that "venture", another WFNNB card had softed her a month before... I imagine that this is where the pre-approval came from as she did not even get a soft from Victoria's. Gander Mtn is actually a MC or Visa from WFNNB so that could be tried as well for those who get the pre-approval message.

If you are opted out you definitely won't get the message. They are using an instant soft pull to look at your credit report, and that can't happen if you are opted out.

My theory is that they have ALREADY done a Promotional Inquiry if you are opted in, so when you go to one of their online stores and your name and address matches their records, that's when you get the pre-approved offer. But if you're opted out, then they may not have had a chance to do a promotional inquiry when you were opted in, and thus why some people won't get an offer.

Thinking about this again , I don't know if Opting Back in is worth a possible $250-500 WFNNB store account...

If you are opted out you definitely won't get the message. They are using an instant soft pull to look at your credit report, and that can't happen if you are opted out.

My theory is that they have ALREADY done a Promotional Inquiry if you are opted in, so when you go to one of their online stores and your name and address matches their records, that's when you get the pre-approved offer. But if you're opted out, then they may not have had a chance to do a promotional inquiry when you were opted in, and thus why some people won't get an offer.

Thinking about this again , I don't know if Opting Back in is worth a possible $250-500 WFNNB store account...

My mother got the pre-approved pop up(s), but she hadn't had previous soft pulls from any of them. (I checked.)

Actually, I'd like to be opted in for several reasons, not just for VS. I THINK I opted out a long time ago but only vaguely remember it. So how can I check on this and how can I make sure that I am opted in?
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre17.shtm

There's a phone number and website listed here. I opted out many years ago, but changed my mind almost immediately and opted back in. If I remember correctly, it's the same procedure as opting out, but with the opposite effect. Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...
Is the AMEX pre-selector site still working? How come I am just getting a page listing lots of AMEX cards? I don't see any pre-select option?

i just did it yesterday and was pre-approved for the green and gold finally. i got instantly approved for the green card but wished i went for the gold. darn it. <_< just try every two weeks or so. thats what i did.