Credit Card "Pre-Selector" sites?

Does anyone know of Chase offering a soft pull?

I was thinking of applying for the Chase TJX MC...

from the credit pulls on this site a year ago, I'm a go but who knows now?

I really looking at adding a couple TL's, TJX is a regular shop for me so that would be good but at a lost where to really think about adding something... anything... <sigh>

any ideas?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would like to mention I was approved with an sp on EQ for 4.5k using this site. 

anyone have a current link for US Skank prequal?   ETA: the crap1 link also seems to crap out  

UPDATED LIST 5/5/2020   USALLIANCE Financial Credit Union HSBC Capital One Citi Chase Bank of America Discovery American Express BBVA BankMob

https://cardfinder.capitalone.com/CapOne/fi...0ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Approved for my first Unsecured card since my whole "credit fiasco"!

Scores are Fako, but EX 676, EQ 676, TU 634

2 Collections still open, two accounts up to 120 late, all about 2 years old.

**edit** Tried calling them for the CL, but was told they cannot disclose that until the account is finalized?

/shrug

Edited by quixand
https://cardfinder.capitalone.com/CapOne/fi...0ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Approved for my first Unsecured card since my whole "credit fiasco"!

Scores are Fako, but EX 676, EQ 676, TU 634

2 Collections still open, two accounts up to 120 late, all about 2 years old.

**edit** Tried calling them for the CL, but was told they cannot disclose that until the account is finalized?

/shrug

Congrats...do you know what limit you got?

FYI, I entered my information into the Cap One pre-selector and it said I pre-qualify for the No Hassle Cash Rewards MC. The HSBC and Orchard selectors only offered me the secured cards. I have a 576 EQ score so didn't think I'd qualify for Cap One even. Anyway, before I hit submit on the app and take the hard pull, I opened up a new browser and entered bogus information into the Cap-One pre-selector and it still offered me the No Hassle Cash Rewards MC, lol. Seems like a huge set up to encourage ppl to apply in case you are eligible for the card and Cap One wins, similar to gifts that department stores give you as an incentive to apply. Sucks, I was hoping I'd at least qualify for the most hated CC on the board. :)

You need to carefully read the text at the top of the page.

It will say "We were unable to find and offers for which you are pre-qualified.. but you may want to apply for the following" (or something close) and show you two different card options.

You're right, sneaky bastards!

I received my HSBC 2% Cash Back Platinum Visa today with a $300 limit, $59.00 AF, and a 14.9% rate.

The language about charging a finance/fee for a CLI does *not* appear anywhere in my agreement or additional disclosures that came with the card. The sections on fees and credit limits are standard boilerplate in my case, and not anything unusual like the above. (We can raise or lower, you agree to stay within limit, we may honor charges above your limit but you'll need to pay over limit fees, etc.)

I don't know if the CLI finance fee was in the terms presented online during application. Perhaps the website just throws up excessive disclosures to cover any and all types of accounts that they could substitute your application for? (Some Household/Orchard have application fees, program fees, etc. and are more likely to have a CLI fee).

When did you apply and did you rcv a message saying they needed to process your information?

RE: Orchard app: I got that phone call too shortly after I applied and I didn't get to the phone in time, the next day at work, I noticed someone called from an unknown number but I was in another dept at the time and missed the call, does that mean they might deny the application?

I checked my app status again last night, and now it says I was approved for $3000. All right! I guess the 10-14 day message isn't an auto decline. My only other CC's are a $250 Sears card from 1999 and a $300 Cap1 from 4/2008. I'm excited to finally have a card that isn't subprigme.

what company gave you that 3K limit. Let me know!

It's the HSBC Weekend Card. I was prequalified using the hsbc

preselector link. The card arrived today. Yay!

BOA didnt approve me for anything.

i applied for the weekender and it said i got approved..

but i went into check my application and it said.

"WE ARE UNABLE TO VERIFY PERSONAL DATA"

Does that mean I wasted a hard Pull for nothing?

I have to call in Monday to see whats up with that..

also whats the difference between HSBC (Non Orchard Bank) and ORCHARD BANK?

By any chance, did your phone ring with an unknown number when you hit submit? Mine did, & it was an automated message calling to verify my number when I answered. My app wasn't an instant approval. You can check your app status on the hsbc website. It took 2 days before mine said approved. Definitely call & see what info they need to verify. It doesn't sound like a denial to me. Good luck!

after reading this thread I did the preapproval of the hsbc 2% and got approved for the 39 dollar one. I didnt think I had a chance because 2 weeks ago I applied for the sunoco citi rewards with the 10 pts per gallon but was not approved for that and instead got the 2pt card only good for gas purchases with an 800 limit.

Now to transfer everything I can to be paid with the hsbc once it arrives in the mail. With a 674 fico i dont know what kind of limit ill be getting but as long as it's a months of expenses ill be happy. it will be paid in full every month.

when they say the preapproval isnt seen by other creditors, is that really true? Of course when I went through the other approval I know it hit the reports.

I did the HSBC pre-qual...matched me with HSBC Platinum MasterCard, $39AF, approx 14.9%, with 2% cash back. I couldn't find a Platinum MasterCard on there website with 2% cash back, but the offer said 2% cash back in more than one place, and it WAS NOT the Weekender Card, wasn't called that and didn't say 2% on weekends, it said exactly this: "2% cash back on card purchases" hit the apply button...got the following:

In response to your application for a HSBC credit card account issued by HSBC Bank Nevada, N.A.

Unfortunately, we are unable to approve your application due to the following reason(s):

* YOU ALREADY HAVE THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF ACCOUNTS ALLOWED WITH HSBC

Here's the interesting part. I have the Direct Merchants Discover Card that was later turned into a HSBC Discover and a Household Bank Platinum Card. I have had both for several years. I assumed that the HSBC branded Discover card would count towards my "limit of 2 cards" but I didn't think the Household did, for some reason I though the didn't count Household, I was thinking I had read that somewhere on CB...I mean it make sense, I know they own Household, I just thought they kept it separate...so anyways for those of you who are like me and misunderstood that, take note they count Household as one of your 2 cards allowed.

Now I am thinking of canceling the Household card with NO rewards and trying to get this 2% MasterCard again...

edit: I guess I am just ticket that I wasted an inquiry, and I know this happened to other people, but why couldn't the pre-selector tell me I already had the maximum number of cards???

edit2: run DW info through and she got this offer:

jqgykx.jpg

hit apply, got 7 - 10 day message, notice it still says 2% cash back, only this time $59AF

Edited by firefighter 161

That's a very common card offer. It *is* 2%. Of course with the small credit line, annual fee, and annual cap ($400 of cash back) -- it's not quite as amazing as it seems at first blush.

Have your wife go back to the website (hsbccreditcard.com) and go to "Check Application Status".

I got the 7-14 day message but when I went back almost immediately after it had my approval and credit line.

Otherwise you can try calling them. Lots of people get that message when they need to do some identity verification.

Like I said I checked and it said approved almost immediately afterward -- this was on a Sunday, had my card by Saturday.

one additional piece of info is I'm 99% sure i did BK 7 with at least one hsbc type card . So to get any from them is quite amazing in my opinion. Of course the same goes with that citi sunoco card only good for sunoco stations (BK on 2 or 3 citicards). 800 line isnt much but just to get the card is nice.

i just checked online..the credit limit for the 2% card is only 500 ..geez. I can hit that every month no problem but i guess i need to watch and make sure i dont go over. So long term when can i expect an increase? I'll be charging at least the 450 a month and paying in full every month.

I got my Direct Merchants/HSBC Discover card in Sept 2006 with a Credit limit of $500

I used to use it ALOT, especially at wal-mart becuase you can get upto like $40 cash back with NO fee's or APR jack...(apparently you can do this with any discover card at wal-mart I think it has something to do with the fact the wal-mart issues discover through GEMB and at one time discover was the only card Sam's club accepted)

Lately I use it just enough to keep it from being closed.

My limit 3 years later? $500

My household card, opened july 2007 with $400 CL; credit limit in Sept 2009? $400

Neither card has ever been late, over the limit, etc. I have added additional positive trade lines and not had one new delinquency since i got either card. additionally some delinquency have gone away from my reports, still neither account has seen a CLI

I tried the HSBC preselector and I was pre-approved for the 2% Rewards Card but when they did the hard pull they declined me because I have an Orchard Card.

The Orchard card has had a flawless history and I've had it for 14 months and i just had a CLI of $100. After reading around I guess they want 18 months of acct history before granting a 2nd card :lol:

I'll try calling them, though. Can't hurt.

i just checked online..the credit limit for the 2% card is only 500 ..geez. I can hit that every month no problem but i guess i need to watch and make sure i dont go over. So long term when can i expect an increase? I'll be charging at least the 450 a month and paying in full every month.

I got my Direct Merchants/HSBC Discover card in Sept 2006 with a Credit limit of $500

I used to use it ALOT, especially at wal-mart becuase you can get upto like $40 cash back with NO fee's or APR jack...(apparently you can do this with any discover card at wal-mart I think it has something to do with the fact the wal-mart issues discover through GEMB and at one time discover was the only card Sam's club accepted)

Lately I use it just enough to keep it from being closed.

My limit 3 years later? $500

My household card, opened july 2007 with $400 CL; credit limit in Sept 2009? $400

Neither card has ever been late, over the limit, etc. I have added additional positive trade lines and not had one new delinquency since i got either card. additionally some delinquency have gone away from my reports, still neither account has seen a CLI

as has been widely reported, hsbc subprime products do not grow with you. my subprime hsbc/hh cards never got above 5K. Your best bet is to close them, wait 90 days and apply for a new, prime card. when I did this my weekender @5 cashback card limited started at $9500 and is now $11500.