Credit Card "Pre-Selector" sites?

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would like to mention I was approved with an sp on EQ for 4.5k using this site. 

anyone have a current link for US Skank prequal?   ETA: the crap1 link also seems to crap out  

UPDATED LIST 5/5/2020   USALLIANCE Financial Credit Union HSBC Capital One Citi Chase Bank of America Discovery American Express BBVA BankMob

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I think the AMEX pre approval site works if there are the basics in your file already done to show you are who you say you are, one name, one address, one phone number that can be verified (billed in your name showing that address) once that is done it is easy. Don't forget to sign up on the AMex site for your free trial of credit secure, it is great. I could not figure out why I got a cl of 2k with an exp of 770 and a FICO or 806 when I applied but great card and great expense reports because each AU you add gets there own card number for tracking on same bill.

congrats!

I was pregaulified for ORchard but then when I applied they said unable to approve me.

I applied for HSBC and they said being reviewed.

Sorry I know this post was from 5 mos ago but a newbie browsing here.

A relative was only prequalified for secured cards with AFs when selecting Orchard or HH unsecured no AF cards on the website. But when selecting a no AF HSBC plat, they were prequalified and approved for it. Go figure

• 2 weeks later...

New member but I've been lurking around the forums for almost a year now. Just wanted to log in and say how great of a site this is. Finally got the guts to try out the amex site and was pre-approved for either the gold, green, and hilton card. I went for the green and was approved. Say's it will be here in about a week, but didnt get an actual credit limit, oh well I'm still psyched!

• Admin

We love a de-lurking! <_<

The green card theoretically doesn't have a limit. Of course it really does, but they don't tell you what it is. Once you register and log in to your account, you will see a page where you can check a purchase amount to see if it will be approved. Don't go charging thousands of $$ right away, build it up.

applied for BOA , got:

We were unable to approve your application based on the information you provided. You will receive additional information on your application request via U.S. Mail in 7-10 days.

does that mean it will probably be denied? I am afraid to apply anywhere else now because it will just show another hard pull. I checked on that site that gives you a credit grade, got a b- and I just bought a house 1 year ago, just refied w/ 5% interest rate, my credit scores were good then all about 730. I have high utilization (actually close to max on my MC and walmart) in the past year..... though I haven't missed a pmt. I didn't think it would lower my scores that much. Now I'm trying to find a Balance transfer card since my citi was jacked up to 29.99% but seems I might be declined for the best one I could find (BOA). My citi card didn't say it was jacked for default, just sd "economic conditions" but the notice came 2 days after I went OTL by $9 because finance fees tacked on.

I'm not sure what to do. I'm probably just going to have to opt out and pay it down and hopefully reapply for a card in a year or so. Any other suggestions. I hate to close my 15 year history card to opt out but seems I can't find anywhere to BT to. Maybe a CU loan? Thanks

OK, tried the pre-selector on HSBC, Got:

We're sorry we could not pre-qualify you for the Rewards card you inquired about, but you have pre-qualified for the HSBC Platinum MasterCard with 2% Cash Back which is a premium card for people working to improve their credit. This card comes with:

2% Cash Back Rewards on card purchases

If they have 59.00 annual ffee, I'm assuming it would be a very low limit as well, any experience w/ this card and limits? thanks

We're sorry we could not pre-qualify you for the Rewards card you inquired about, but you have pre-qualified for the HSBC Platinum MasterCard with 2% Cash Back which is a premium card for people working to improve their credit. This card comes with:

If they have 59.00 annual ffee, I'm assuming it would be a very low limit as well, any experience w/ this card and limits? thanks

that card will normally have a limit of $3500 or less. if you can earn rewards to cover the annual fee then it may not be a bad option.

New member but I've been lurking around the forums for almost a year now. Just wanted to log in and say how great of a site this is. Finally got the guts to try out the amex site and was pre-approved for either the gold, green, and hilton card. I went for the green and was approved. Say's it will be here in about a week, but didnt get an actual credit limit, oh well I'm still psyched!

GREEN CHARGE CARD has an "EXPOSURE LIMIT" not really a stated credit limit

The amount can go up or down with-out notice

They don't put it out in the open how much you can spend

The amount could be just $1,000

You have like 20 days to pay in full after the statement date

(although they really want it SOONER than 20 days)

Edited by GEORGE

Correct...I have this card, got 350$, called upon act. got 500$, then just got an increase in June for 100$...not the best card, but use it ONLY for gas and get a good 2% back for now...

Okay went to Orchard's site and did their soft-pull for their 3 different cards. They said I was eligible for the unsecured card. I then applied. My scores are all about 625 with a ch7 in 01 and a few duplicate bads 4 CO and a 7yr old repo- nothing bad thats new and a bunch of student loans and a mortgage all in good standing. Anyway got my first unsecured cc today!!! $300. I applied last night and paid the $19 fee via check online. Today I checked the status and got a weird message

"We are unable to finalize your credit card application. You will be hearing from us within the next 10-14 days. Thank you! "

I called in and a woman from India transferred to a US customer support rep. She called my google voice number to verify it was a good number and said I was approved. She said they will wait 10 days to process my $19 fee and then print out and mail my card. Now I just need to read up on how best to utilize it. $8 monthly fee?!?! I got the "low apr" card at the 8.9%.

Thanks to everyone at CB.

Okay went to Orchard's site and did their soft-pull for their 3 different cards. They said I was eligible for the unsecured card. I then applied. My scores are all about 625 with a ch7 in 01 and a few duplicate bads 4 CO and a 7yr old repo- nothing bad thats new and a bunch of student loans and a mortgage all in good standing. Anyway got my first unsecured cc today!!! $300. I applied last night and paid the $19 fee via check online. Today I checked the status and got a weird message

"We are unable to finalize your credit card application. You will be hearing from us within the next 10-14 days. Thank you! "

I called in and a woman from India transferred to a US customer support rep. She called my google voice number to verify it was a good number and said I was approved. She said they will wait 10 days to process my $19 fee and then print out and mail my card. Now I just need to read up on how best to utilize it. $8 monthly fee?!?! I got the "low apr" card at the 8.9%.

Congrat's :)

Congrat's :lol:

Thanks chi - small step but its progress

Correct...I have this card, got 350$, called upon act. got 500$, then just got an increase in June for 100$...not the best card, but use it ONLY for gas and get a good 2% back for now...

I got the same reply when applying for this card. Then I read the Terms & Conditions and this kind of stuck out.

" Credit Limit Increase Fee Finance Charge. If you request and are approved for a credit limit increase ("CLI"), a CLI Fee FINANCE CHARGE of up to 50% of the CLI may be assessed to your Account, depending on your creditworthiness."

:)

I got the same reply when applying for this card. Then I read the Terms & Conditions and this kind of stuck out.

" Credit Limit Increase Fee Finance Charge. If you request and are approved for a credit limit increase ("CLI"), a CLI Fee FINANCE CHARGE of up to 50% of the CLI may be assessed to your Account, depending on your creditworthiness."

I received my HSBC 2% Cash Back Platinum Visa today with a $300 limit, $59.00 AF, and a 14.9% rate.

The language about charging a finance/fee for a CLI does *not* appear anywhere in my agreement or additional disclosures that came with the card. The sections on fees and credit limits are standard boilerplate in my case, and not anything unusual like the above. (We can raise or lower, you agree to stay within limit, we may honor charges above your limit but you'll need to pay over limit fees, etc.)

I don't know if the CLI finance fee was in the terms presented online during application. Perhaps the website just throws up excessive disclosures to cover any and all types of accounts that they could substitute your application for? (Some Household/Orchard have application fees, program fees, etc. and are more likely to have a CLI fee).

Orchard approved me on Friday so i did the soft pulll for HSBC and they said no offers for me

Then i did it again just a few minutes ago and it approved me for a Platinum card. Put my bank info in, for a 0-49 dollar processing fee which i think is kinda silly to not give me an amount, and then i got the same message. So hopefully I will get the same result. Congrats to you!