Credit Card "Pre-Selector" sites?

WTH - Amex said that thier special offers were not available to me. WTH. They also said that it would not affect my credit score. If I see an IQ from AMEX, letter writing time.

Edit, now Capital 1 said I dont qualify for anything. Screw all of them then.

Your scores look good - Could it be that you are in Germany? :dntknw:

LOL a year later but I know why.

my address. In Germany it was APO, AE 09175 and here at Ft Polk its a PO Box. BOA wouldnt accept the PO Box even though its whats on my CR.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Would like to mention I was approved with an sp on EQ for 4.5k using this site. 

anyone have a current link for US Skank prequal?   ETA: the crap1 link also seems to crap out  

UPDATED LIST 5/5/2020   USALLIANCE Financial Credit Union HSBC Capital One Citi Chase Bank of America Discovery American Express BBVA BankMob

I was approved for a Capital One using the preselector site (Mastercard). Says 0% till 2/2010? I tried to transfer a 4000 balance and a 1500 balance and it declined those, so I'm thinking the limit on the card is really really low?

Scores are 630's-650's right now.

I was approved for a Capital One using the preselector site (Mastercard). Says 0% till 2/2010? I tried to transfer a 4000 balance and a 1500 balance and it declined those, so I'm thinking the limit on the card is really really low?

I would say you probably got $500 to start..

I would say you probably got $500 to start..

750 and it says that if you make a purchase within the first 90 days and pay your bill on time for the first 3 months that you'll get a credit increase? Oh well....atleast it's improving utilization just a wee bit and for a SAHM it's good to keep my own credit score fresh just in case :D so I'm good with the low limit and positive tradeline.

• 2 weeks later...

I just tried the AMEX and got this:

We are not able to provide you with any pre-selected Card offers at this time.

If you're already a Cardmember, Click here to view exclusive Cardmember offers.

If you are not a Cardmember, it is possible that:

* We were unable to locate your credit history.

* Our system may be down.

* You may have attempted to qualify for special Card offers within the last 30 days

Well I have not applied for an AMEX in the last 12 years and I am unsure why they would not be able to locate my credit history when they ask for SSN. I just hope that it is truly just a soft pull. I am trying to keep the inq. to a minimum. I only have 2 on each CRA.

Blah.

I just tried the AMEX and got this:

We are not able to provide you with any pre-selected Card offers at this time.

If you're already a Cardmember, Click here to view exclusive Cardmember offers.

If you are not a Cardmember, it is possible that:

* We were unable to locate your credit history.

* Our system may be down.

* You may have attempted to qualify for special Card offers within the last 30 days

Well I have not applied for an AMEX in the last 12 years and I am unsure why they would not be able to locate my credit history when they ask for SSN. I just hope that it is truly just a soft pull. I am trying to keep the inq. to a minimum. I only have 2 on each CRA.

Blah.

I just applied today and got preselected for 4 of their cards. I had about $16 in federal studen loan charge-offs last month fall off all 3 CRA's and

scores went skyrocketing. I will see if the preselection did a soft pull on my montoring services tonight. Debating weather to continue with the amex approval just to get the damn thing for better credit and risk denial for a hard pull or not.

Well nothing showed up For Amex's preselector pre-approval after 3am EST the following day of my try among all 3 beaureas. I did show the other 4 inquiries from all other apps I put in today including that unauthroized BB&T bank I just opened a checking account with (2nd inquiry from them in a week?!!!! salamanders). DON'T GO TO BB&T, THEY YANK YOUR CREDIT FOR NO REASON (for a freakin checking account , twice, already with funds available). They seem to be in denial about the whole thing.

I of course should check back on my report checks to see if the Amex preselector takes a few days to update. 1 inq on my Tranunion plus score was a 4 point drop in score (796 to 792). Yet 4 additional inquiries in 1 day on my Equifax made no impact on my Equfiax FICO score.

• 3 weeks later...
Well nothing showed up For Amex's preselector pre-approval after 3am EST the following day of my try among all 3 beaureas. I did show the other 4 inquiries from all other apps I put in today including that unauthroized BB&T bank I just opened a checking account with (2nd inquiry from them in a week?!!!! salamanders). DON'T GO TO BB&T, THEY YANK YOUR CREDIT FOR NO REASON (for a freakin checking account , twice, already with funds available). They seem to be in denial about the whole thing.

I of course should check back on my report checks to see if the Amex preselector takes a few days to update. 1 inq on my Tranunion plus score was a 4 point drop in score (796 to 792). Yet 4 additional inquiries in 1 day on my Equifax made no impact on my Equfiax FICO score.

Their VISA card (BB&T) is relatively good though, FWIW...although I didn't qualify for it! :grin:

Edited by hairmetal4ever

Their VISA card (BB&T) is relatively good though, FWIW...although I didn't qualify for it! :ph34r:

Yes I guess the BB&T is good since it's now reporting a $4000 CL to all 3 bureaus. But they have a bunch of fools running that place. I had to wrestle with the loan officer to prove to him they did 3 hard pulls

from their NC office. He still didn't believe it when I showed it to them. Apparently BB&T Mis-trains their employees that opening a checking account will not do a hard pull. I confirmed this with the branch and call center.

I eventually showed the hard pulls and the loan officer still didn't believe it. I had to call equifax to "make sure they were hard pulls" of which, yes, they were. I got BB&T to submit delete requests. Although I think kind people at equifax just wrote them off per my requests (3x) and beat them to the punch. Also got approved for a $3600 buy.com that day.

THE AMEX PRESELECTOR SIGHT NEVER SHOWED A HARD PULL. HOWEVER I WAS DENIED A CARD THROUGH THE CAPITAL ONE SIGHT (what salamanders, with a FICO of 780??!!)

The HSBC pre'selector site no longer shows up, looks like the regular HSBC credit card site.

I just noticed that also...

(since I'm Kona for a while, I hit the pre-approvals just for fun...)

Don't know if this has been mentioned in another thread, but if you click on apply for any of the cards the pre-selector will screen will follow.

Their VISA card (BB&T) is relatively good though, FWIW...although I didn't qualify for it! :mellow:

Yes I guess the BB&T is good since it's now reporting a $4000 CL to all 3 bureaus. But they have a bunch of fools running that place. I had to wrestle with the loan officer to prove to him they did 3 hard pulls

from their NC office. He still didn't believe it when I showed it to them. Apparently BB&T Mis-trains their employees that opening a checking account will not do a hard pull. I confirmed this with the branch and call center.

I eventually showed the hard pulls and the loan officer still didn't believe it. I had to call equifax to "make sure they were hard pulls" of which, yes, they were. I got BB&T to submit delete requests. Although I think kind people at equifax just wrote them off per my requests (3x) and beat them to the punch. Also got approved for a $3600 buy.com that day.

THE AMEX PRESELECTOR SIGHT NEVER SHOWED A HARD PULL. HOWEVER I WAS DENIED A CARD THROUGH THE CAPITAL ONE SIGHT (what salamanders, with a FICO of 780??!!)

According to my BB&T contact, it's a recent change that a checking is a hard pull - something decided last fall, and not updated in employee instruction manuals used in training and orientation until very recently.

I've been trying the HSBC selector randomly for a while. Everytime before, I was only approved for the "Platinum" card I already have. But now, I've been approved for others. My scores went from ~650's to 690's, so that was the difference in getting them.

I've been trying the HSBC selector randomly for a while. Everytime before, I was only approved for the "Platinum" card I already have. But now, I've been approved for others. My scores went from ~650's to 690's, so that was the difference in getting them.

I'm mostly in the 670s+ and still can't get anything but a "rebuilder" card w/an AF from them. ;)

• Admin

I'm mostly in the 670s+ and still can't get anything but a "rebuilder" card w/an AF from them. B)

This is a sign that you should not get this card. <_<

PLEASE READ!!!!!!

IMHO people should stop applying for any Orchard card. If you use the preselector and are offered hsbc or household go ahead. But do not apply for Orchard. Acquiring Orchard now might result in you have a very young and closed account in the near future.

PLEASE READ!!!!!!

IMHO people should stop applying for any Orchard card. If you use the preselector and are offered hsbc or household go ahead. But do not apply for Orchard. Acquiring Orchard now might result in you have a very young and closed account in the near future.

What do you mean? I have an Orchard secure buts its all I have that is actually mine :angry:

PLEASE READ!!!!!!

What exactly does that mean? Would love some clarification.

PLEASE READ!!!!!!

PLEASE READ!!!!!!

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?s...&hl=orchard