flacorps

Gaze With Me Into The Credit Crystal Ball

Rental evictions are up in my part of the world. Not enough to catch the local media's attention yet though.........

Talked to a Sheriff's deputy friend the other day. Asked him if he's seen an up tick. Apartment evictions certainly. As far as houses are concerned, nothing noticable yet.

On a side note, the apartment next to mine is getting new drywall on Thursday. Previous tenants had their gas and electric cut off for non payment. Besides using the fire place to heat with, they were also using it to cook with. They didn't have the flume opened up correctly or something. Soot all up and down the walls and ceiling.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, PotO said:

Cows are happy.

With these millenials drinking their avocado juice and soy double espresso mocha lattes its not surprising. All for a grand total of 0.3% of the total atmosphere.

Edited by IndyPoolPlayer

5 hours ago, hegemony said:

In my industry, there are plenty of jobs.  

In the pharma industry it's a mixed bag.  Sales jobs are on the increase as are jobs in science and research.  Other areas are at a decline.  That said, there is one area that is simple off the charts.  There is a huge need for human lab rats.  There is a huge increase of innovative products in the pipeline and they need people to test them on.  I can get a specific list of needs if anybody is interested.  

Edited by PotO

36 minutes ago, PotO said:

Hege, please dumb this down for me.  

the Fed has concluded there is not enough liquidity as banks are not willing to take on risk by lending very short term to each other. i.e., the Fed is creating money so it can serve as the lender of last resort

28 minutes ago, PotO said:

In my industry, there are plenty of jobs.  

In the pharma industry it's a mixed bag.  Sales jobs are on the increase as are jobs in science and research.  Other areas are at a decline.  That said, there is one area that is simple off the charts.  There is a huge need for human lab rats.  There is a huge increase of innovative products in the pipeline and they need people to test them on.  

my job will soon be open.

27 minutes ago, hegemony said:

the Fed has concluded there is not enough liquidity as banks are not willing to take on risk by lending very short term to each other. i.e., the Fed is creating money so it can serve as the lender of last resort

How does this affect me?  Credit in general?

Edited by PotO

28 minutes ago, PotO said:

How does this affect me?  Credit in general?

high tax bracket people like you will feel pain if Fed changes its mind and banks stop trying to catch a falling titanium knife.

30 minutes ago, PotO said:

Mine, too.  

cool. I'll push you when your in your hoveround when it runs out of power as we explore the grounds of the retirement home

25 minutes ago, hegemony said:

high tax bracket people like you will feel pain if Fed changes its mind and banks stop trying to catch a falling titanium knife.

I am worried about taxation.  Right now where I am affords extreme tax savings and significant income opportunities.  Getting orders back to the States and / or retiring will be extremely painful.  I've been offered a recently vacated position in Iran.  I might take that. 🤣

Banking and credit doesn't worry me much.  Just like you, if banks slash limits across the board by 90% we'd still have enough to choke a horse.  

27 minutes ago, hegemony said:

cool. I'll push you when your in your hoveround when it runs out of power as we explore the grounds of the retirement home

I was thinking those Belize golf cart things. 😂

Edited by PotO

25 minutes ago, PotO said:

I am worried about taxation.  Right now where I am affords extreme tax savings and significant income opportunities.  Getting orders back to the States and / or retiring will be extremely painful.  I've been offered a recently vacated position in Iran.  I might take that. 🤣

Banking and credit doesn't worry me much.  Just like you, if banks slash limits across the board by 90% we'd still have enough to choke a horse.  

Tax liability is a symptom of a good problem. 37% marginal is nothing to enjoy living here, even though this year 80% of ours will be at the highest marginal (liquidity event this year)

25 minutes ago, hegemony said:

Tax liability is a symptom of a good problem. 37% marginal is nothing to enjoy living here, even though this year 80% of ours will be at the highest marginal (liquidity event this year)

True.  But even paying 3.7% pains me -- especially when you see what the clowns do with that money.  

In your profession, you could earn a boatload -- mostly tax free -- if you learn to use chopsticks and develop a taste for rice.  A lot of US staff in your field come here and work in entities like ABC University, Shanghai Branch.