Sign in to follow this  
fidjit

AMEX Clear additional user

My wife just got a AMEX Clear with $4600 limit and 13.24apr. (not the best, but will be PIF a lot and has a long grace period and ok rewards).

Her scores are much better than mine and i don't want my credit to effect hers. If she adds me as an addition card user, first off will they base giving me the card of my credit? Second will my credit affect her credit report negatively due to my scores if I have an additional card? And last will my credit scores bring down limits or change aprs?

We want to use the card more to get the rewards, but don't want to bring her scores down.

Thanks

no, they are not going to base giving you a card as an authorized user on your credit. they have already approved her for a card under her credit. her adding you as an authorized user will not negatively affect your credit or hers. all it will do is open a tradeline in your credit saying you have that credit card. they dont care who is added to an already proved card holders account. it will not bring her scores down from just adding you as an authorized user.

Edited by hektik02

no, they are not going to base giving you a card as an authorized user on your credit. they have already approved her for a card under her credit. her adding you as an authorized user will not negatively affect your credit or hers. all it will do is open a tradeline in your credit saying you have that credit card. they dont care who is added to an already proved card holders account. it will not bring her scores down from just adding you as an authorized user.

Thats what i wanted to hear. Thanks so much for the quick response.