Sign in to follow this  
slow_but_eventual

Thank you - Dell Business finally approved

It took 3 times, yes 3 times, for me to get approved for Dell business credit. First time I tried before CB. 2nd Time, after CB yet files weren't established enough (they wanted me to PG/denied). My 3rd try, with absolutely nothing to lose, was today.

With the business having an 88 experian score and an 80 paydex for my 8yr old company, for which credit was not established prior to CB, Dell finally accepted me, NO PG ... and ... a $10k limit :o . My highest business credit limit to-date (other is $4k).

I'm pleased as can be.

I honestly could NOT have gotten this far, built credit-worthy files or even knew they existed, without CB.

On a side note, I did get a Dell $1500 personal credit line right after I found CB, which has gotten auto-cli's $500 each, about 9 months apart, and now sits with a $2500 limit - and that horrid apr of 29.9%

So that's 12,500 for dell combined, I sit amazed.

Quite sincerely, Thank You all so much, CB is priceless :lol:

oh, my signature is not up to date, sorry, will update later

Make sure you use it. You can get approved all you want, but it means nothing if you don't use it. I got 10,000 instant online but I did not use it for a couple of months. When I went it use it, it was no longer available to me.

I think the "huge" approvals are just a way to make you spend money and fall into the huge APR. I am going to re-apply, but I am going to make sure that there is something that I want to buy on the spot.

good luck.

note: when I was approve for 10k instant, I had no paydex.

Edited by rpina1

Make sure you use it. You can get approved all you want, but it means nothing if you don't use it. I got 10,000 instant online but I did not use it for a couple of months. When I went it use it, it was no longer available to me.

I think the "huge" approvals are just a way to make you spend money and fall into the huge APR. I am going to re-apply, but I am going to make sure that there is something that I want to buy on the spot.

good luck.

note: when I was approve for 10k instant, I had no paydex.

Thanks for the heads-up, I intend to use a small fraction of it shortly. They did have a short statement about "...if you've been approved within the last 30 days..." so there is still a time limit on it apparently. I think it was 30, it escapes me at the moment. Thanks again :)

It took 3 times, yes 3 times, for me to get approved for Dell business credit. First time I tried before CB. 2nd Time, after CB yet files weren't established enough (they wanted me to PG/denied). My 3rd try, with absolutely nothing to lose, was today.

With the business having an 88 experian score and an 80 paydex for my 8yr old company, for which credit was not established prior to CB, Dell finally accepted me, NO PG ... and ... a $10k limit :rofl: . My highest business credit limit to-date (other is $4k).

I'm pleased as can be.

I honestly could NOT have gotten this far, built credit-worthy files or even knew they existed, without CB.

On a side note, I did get a Dell $1500 personal credit line right after I found CB, which has gotten auto-cli's $500 each, about 9 months apart, and now sits with a $2500 limit - and that horrid apr of 29.9%

Online approval is not final approval. They have been denying alot after the first order. Make sure everything is in order. Answer the phone from the number listed on the app, listed in 411. I have one business that is excellent across the board. Got the 10k instant at 19% and denied. And can't figure out the reason. Years corped, legit business in every way. Industry strong.

Alright, I need some help here. I applied online, got $25k approval. Ordered $5500 worth of product over the phone, everything looked good. Checked order, denied due to verification. Called Dell BFS verification, and they said that my business credit is fine for $25k, but they cannot verify. 12 minutes of talking couldn't get anything out of her - I offered my lease, business license, duns # etc, and not one thing worked. She said blah blah 'for my protection, patriot act, terrorism' blah blah, and said that 'her systems are proprietary and she can't divulge any reasoning for her not being able to verify the business'.

I asked her what she suggests I do - wait a few months? She said she wasn't allowed to offer suggestions. In short, she said her systems prevented her from doing anything for me.

So, at this point, can this be escalated ? My sales rep didn't seem to care.

My business is a real one. Real office, real employees, real revenues. My file is thick enough for a Dell at this point, and I'm quite annoyed that I can't figure out their system.

Makes me want to use Amazon/GE for the same purchase, but they only have me at $3k CL.

Alright, I need some help here. I applied online, got $25k approval. Ordered $5500 worth of product over the phone, everything looked good. Checked order, denied due to verification. Called Dell BFS verification, and they said that my business credit is fine for $25k, but they cannot verify. 12 minutes of talking couldn't get anything out of her - I offered my lease, business license, duns # etc, and not one thing worked. She said blah blah 'for my protection, patriot act, terrorism' blah blah, and said that 'her systems are proprietary and she can't divulge any reasoning for her not being able to verify the business'.

I asked her what she suggests I do - wait a few months? She said she wasn't allowed to offer suggestions. In short, she said her systems prevented her from doing anything for me.

So, at this point, can this be escalated ? My sales rep didn't seem to care.

My business is a real one. Real office, real employees, real revenues. My file is thick enough for a Dell at this point, and I'm quite annoyed that I can't figure out their system.

Makes me want to use Amazon/GE for the same purchase, but they only have me at $3k CL.

If your rep doesn't seem to care then you're pretty much screwed. Many of us have gone through the Dell Verification issues and I do believe the majority of us that have gotten it taken care of was due to a strong sales rep.

My rep didn't return my call or email about it. I bought what I needed elsewhere (for less $) and have written off Dell completely. They don't want me and I don't need them.

On 2/20/2008 at 5:13 PM, slow_but_eventual said:

With the business having an 88 experian score and an 80 paydex for my 8yr old company, for which credit was not established prior to CB, Dell finally accepted me, NO PG ... and ... a $10k limit :o . My highest business credit limit to-date (other is $4k).

I'm pleased as can be.

What is CB

CB is a short abbreviation for CreditBoards.   If you are on a pc when you see acronyms we use you can simply position your mouse over the acronym in questions and the explanation for that acronym or abbreviation will appear for you.