Sign in to follow this  
TeeSharice

got my Macys downgraded card today

ehhh feelings not hurt.... I never used all of the services from the Elite rewards...

I have 2 other cards that will probably be upgraded... One red ( used to be gold a few yrs back) and one gold...

I cant spend enough to keep em all at Plat or Elite level, though am putting DH as AU soon and she may give it a hurting.......

They cut my CLI from 300 to 200 and I don't even know why. Always pay on time, carry a balance bot not a big one. Oh well. Maybe I should say goodbye to macys...

They cut my CLI from 300 to 200 and I don't even know why. Always pay on time, carry a balance bot not a big one. Oh well. Maybe I should say goodbye to macys...

my limts are in tact...

just checked online.... my red card remains a red... my gold was upgraded to Plat and my Elite/Black was downgraded to Plat

How often do they do the upgrades? We just got our Red card ($100 limit, ugh) but have put about $500 through it in 5 weeks ($100, PIF, $100 PIF, etc). Hoping for a decent GLI after 90 days, but also know we'll buy enough this year to hit Elite and we'll use all the offers. Also it seems you have to be Elite with the non-Visa card to get the gift certificate rebates, so that will help some.

My DW is a tiny gal, and they carry her size better than most lower end stores, so we do tend to shop there a lot, especially during the sale events.

ehhh feelings not hurt.... I never used all of the services from the Elite rewards...

I have 2 other cards that will probably be upgraded... One red ( used to be gold a few yrs back) and one gold...

I cant spend enough to keep em all at Plat or Elite level, though am putting DH as AU soon and she may give it a hurting.......

Does anybody know how high of a credit line you can have with the red card? I currently have a 1500.00 red card. It's not a visa though.

The just sent me a red card so I figured they downgraded me from last year since I haven't sued the card as much. However, when I just logged in...tthey have me as a Platinum member. :blush2: Yeah.

How often do they do the upgrades? We just got our Red card ($100 limit, ugh) but have put about $500 through it in 5 weeks ($100, PIF, $100 PIF, etc). Hoping for a decent GLI after 90 days, but also know we'll buy enough this year to hit Elite and we'll use all the offers. Also it seems you have to be Elite with the non-Visa card to get the gift certificate rebates, so that will help some.

My DW is a tiny gal, and they carry her size better than most lower end stores, so we do tend to shop there a lot, especially during the sale events.

once a year... they go by the total amount purchased by Dec 31st of prior yr.... New cards had been going out in late March/ early April.... guess they got an early start... they sent me a letter in November telling me how far I was from the $2500 needed to keep Elite....

Does anybody know how high of a credit line you can have with the red card? I currently have a 1500.00 red card. It's not a visa though.

I dont have any Macys Visa cards.... I have 3 store cards, highlest limit on my accts is $15,000... started as a $100 card in Dec 2003

Being a B&T guy, the local Macy's doesn't have a B&T section so I order ALOT from online. Try it on at home and then return what doesn't fit/too big/don't like. Even by making returns the purchase acts as money spent and I get upgrades all the time. I'm currently a platinum member, but in a week or two, My purchases will put me into the Elite status.

I called and got the upgrade last Nov for Elite, once I knew I was past the Elite purchase level..they are also sending out the Make-Wish-A Wish Gift Cards...I got mine yesterday

I called and got the upgrade last Nov for Elite, once I knew I was past the Elite purchase level..they are also sending out the Make-Wish-A Wish Gift Cards...I got mine yesterday

What's that? The make a wish that is!

I also have a red Macy's store card, with a $2K CL.

What's that? The make a wish that is!

Make a wish - Macys call it Thanks for Sharing - my gift card was $480 ... :blink: I'll target most of my Macys heavy shopping between Sept thru Dec

Beginning Sept. 19, shoppers may enroll in Thanks for Sharing for a one-time $25 charge to their Macy’s Card. Upon enrollment, customers will begin earning 10 percent rewards on all of their net Macy’s purchases made on their Macy’s Card through Dec. 31 (some exclusions apply, see stores for details). The rewards will come in the form of a gift card sent to participants in March 2008. For each Thanks for Sharing program member enrolled, Macy's donates $10 to charity. :

I don't think there is a max limit by color. I have had my card for 3 to 4 months and I have had the following CLIs.

300 -> 600 -> 1500.

I just checked online and I guess I am currently at gold status. Too bad they don't consider my 6 month deferred in the equation. They don't pull when you ask for increases, so ask away.

:( We have a platinum and an Elite. The elite will probably be downgraded soon too. I used my Delta there lately trying to wrack up my miles! FWIW Sears did the same thing to us too. We only use Sears for tires. :D

:lol: We have a platinum and an Elite. The elite will probably be downgraded soon too. I used my Delta there lately trying to wrack up my miles! FWIW Sears did the same thing to us too. We only use Sears for tires. :wave:

sears has different card levels? Not that i ever use it much...

same thing happened to me.

my card was about to expire and they sent me a platinum account. however when i checked my account online it still shows i'm an Elite visa account holder.

Thanks to this thread I called to find out my status and I have been moved up from the Red card to a Gold card on Feb 1. She said they did not send out my new card yet so by my calling I got it expedited and she will be putting it in the mail asap.

I don't think I'll be downgraded with Macys but I know I will with J C Penney. It seems that creditors waste a lot of money sending out these different level of cards each year.

me too! I may have spent the required amount at macys but I didn't use my macys card all the time because I didn't know I had to sppend 2500 on it. oh well, I never used the services anyways. they better not touch my limit or its war!!

same thing happened to me.

my card was about to expire and they sent me a platinum account. however when i checked my account online it still shows i'm an Elite visa account holder.

mine still says ELITE online as well... I was told it doesnt change until you activate the new card

I don't think I'll be downgraded with Macys but I know I will with J C Penney. It seems that creditors waste a lot of money sending out these different level of cards each year.

I think JCP levels have a smaller threshold than Macy's.... I havent spent much nearly as much there as I didnt before but didnt get downgraded

me too! I may have spent the required amount at macys but I didn't use my macys card all the time because I didn't know I had to sppend 2500 on it. oh well, I never used the services anyways. they better not touch my limit or its war!!

The wrapping service is well worth it!

I have my co-workers gifts wrapped there every year.

The wrapping service is well worth it!

I have my co-workers gifts wrapped there every year.

I only used the giftwrapping twice... but I used the overnight delivery several times... but not 18 times....

I have $6500 limit on my regular red card.