Sign in to follow this  
VPofCredit

AMX Financial Review on Oasis Card!!!??!!!

Oh my .... I logged into my account around 8pm this evening, and in Big red letters, it shows '' YOUR CHARGES PREVLEGES HAS BEEN SUSPENDED, PLEASE CALL THE NUMBER ON THE BACK OF YOUR CARD''. I call american express and after i enter my account number, the automated system asks me to enter my mothers birthdate, which is weird, because usually it asked for the last 4 digits of my social security number..... After I enter my mothers birthdate... it says this is my new password and it has been update.... but I press ''0'' TO SPEAK to a CSR, and im automactically transered to the Financial Review department which is closed, normal business hours are 6am to 9pm monday thru friday.... and it leaves the fax number and says, fax documents will be process withing 3 or 4 business days.....

I call american express back, and instead of entering my account number, i press ''0'' several times to speak with a CSR, the CSR explains that ''Account Servicing'' department needs to speak with me and that im a valued customer since 1999. I ask, why would they suspend someones account, without first attempting to call them, and he told me that they tried to call 3 times and 3 differerent numbers i have on file, but wasnt able to reach me....

This is really weird, because, this morning, when I check my 3 credit reports and scores with myfico.com, i find a HARD inquire on Trans Union from American Express today.... and i didnt apply for another product.... because I know you cannot have another product, while having an active recovery product... American Express usually pulls soft inquires for a AR , am I right? since when do they pull a hard inquiry? it cost me 3 points...

I didnt know the Recovery Oasis card was even eligble for a F/R,... has this happened to anyone??? what will they ask for??? and its weird... I have not done anything, recently to warrant this. Even tho, I would have no problem producing any documents they need. My current credit scores from myfico.com as of this morning is Experian 747 Equifax 790 and Trans Union 788.... I have a $500 optima recovery card with about a $40.00 balance. I always PIF.

my total Util on my credit reports is about 15%. i have no Inquires within the past 6 months, besides today from AMX on transUnion...

But this is just weird.... Amx is my lowest limit card... I only have it, to get back into good graces with them.... Feb is my 6th month having this card... my plan was to use it, for 1 full year.. close it,.. wait 30 to 60 days then apply for a better product.. maybe BLUE CASH.....

what should i expect from this financial review.......?????? is this forsure a financial review???? has anyone with a oasis recovery card had a FR???......

can they do this?? what if they try to cancel this card.... they just gave us these cards to get us to pay our old bill with every attention of canceling it in the furture........ any help or advice would be great!...

OP no disrespect whatsoever but :lol: :lol: :lol:

F/R for a $500.00 oasis card with a $40.00 balance ...

Now I've seen everything, American Express is crackers ..

(please keep everyone posted, this may be a first) I'm sure others with experience will be able to help with answers to your questions.

i mean.. even if i had zero income and was homeless.. this shouldnt matter as long as i kept myy accout current correct?... because the qualifications to get this card has been met. which was paying old charge off in full.... have no other accts w american express and no bk on record.... no where does it say any other minimums.... so i cant see what they are looking for in a FR.

i made over 150k a year and own a C corp and 2 LLC's.... i have old tax documents, check stubs and this past years tax info as proof... but i dont want to go thru all this for a measily 500 card... 75,000 card sure!.... should i just tell them to keep the card.. cancel , PIF. and wait a bit and apply for a better card???? im sure with my scored, i can get something? but who knows,.... AMX is just tooo weird for me... and completely un reliable..... what if i was on vacation or something, or out of the country.... and i needed this card..... im sooo glad this is just my play card...

Edited by VPofCredit

This sucks. I have a $500 AMEX card also and it happens to be my oldest card. My score would tank if AMEX closed it.

OP - Have you ever declared BK in the past? Or have you BKed AMEX?

i mean.. even if i had zero income and was homeless.. this shouldnt matter as long as i kept myy accout current correct?... because the qualifications to get this card has been met. which was paying old charge off in full.... have no other accts w american express and no bk on record.... no where does it say any other minimums.... so i cant see what they are looking for in a FR.

i made over 150k a year and own a C corp and 2 LLC's.... i have old tax documents, check stubs and this past years tax info as proof... but i dont want to go thru all this for a measily 500 card... 75,000 card sure!.... should i just tell them to keep the card.. cancel , PIF. and wait a bit and apply for a better card???? im sure with my scored, i can get something? but who knows,.... AMX is just tooo weird for me... and completely un reliable..... what if i was on vacation or something, or out of the country.... and i needed this card..... im sooo glad this is just my play card...

I have never in my life declared BK.....

no baddies....

no public records.. etc...

weird.. imma call them in the morning and let u know, as soon as i find out what is going on..,....

. even if i had zero income and was homeless.. this shouldnt matter as long as i kept myy accout current correct?... because the qualifications to get this card has been met. which was paying old charge off in full.... have no other accts w american express and no bk on record.... no where does it say any other minimums.... so i cant see what they are looking for in a FR.

i

That's the way I always understood it to be. Please come back and tell us what they have to say about that after you call them. F/R on a new oasis card seems like they are not holding up their part of the bargain.

would you take a $500 card on vacation ? ;) Call them and find out what they want - if they ask for full docs tell them what you told us - that for $500 it ain't worth the hassle... I'd write the amex ceo to complain.

. even if i had zero income and was homeless.. this shouldnt matter as long as i kept myy accout current correct?... because the qualifications to get this card has been met. which was paying old charge off in full.... have no other accts w american express and no bk on record.... no where does it say any other minimums.... so i cant see what they are looking for in a FR.

i

That's the way I always understood it to be. Please come back and tell us what they have to say about that after you call them. F/R on a new oasis card seems like they are not holding up their part of the bargain.

BTW - this is the 2nd or 3rd AA reported recently with the oasis - if i recall correctly, they closed or CLD at least one and FR at least one.

They may be changing their policy on them - it used to be pay it off, reopen, no hard pull. I wouldn't be surprised if they start pulling hards to open the oasis cards.

So what's the point of a rehab card if they're just going to tell you to grab your ankles anyway?? ;)

Personally, I would fire any creditor that thought I would jump through hoops for a $500 card...

Good luck, OP.

I have never in my life declared BK.....

no baddies....

no public records.. etc...

weird.. imma call them in the morning and let u know, as soon as i find out what is going on..,....

Wow, all a F/R for a $500.00 card? Tell them to get bent. Amex will never see my name cross their desk, I got better things to do than to deal with a schizophrenic bank.

hmmm....this is troubling news. As u can see from my sig, I also have an Amex OASIS card. If they were to F/R me on a $500 CL, I would immediately close the card. Not worth the trouble, A CA recently placed a hard InQ on my file and AMEX immediately AR'ed. So I could be on the chopping block soon as well. OP please do keep us posted.

ya all are tripping (I think).

It could be that they want to upgrade him :blush2:

since a hard pull is not usually done for a FR, its possible, but you'd think they wouldn't cut off the card and would send an email instead?

ya all are tripping (I think).

It could be that they want to upgrade him :blink:

since a hard pull is not usually done for a FR, its possible, but you'd think they wouldn't cut off the card and would send an email instead?

Best way to get his attention I guess... :P

I hope you are right, hopefully he calls amex and he gets a real AMEX

UPDATE!!!!... called american express Financial Review Department. ... I found out some interesting facts!!!... my Account Manager Mrs. Ramos in the Salt Lake City Utah office... ( i hope i dont get in trouble for saying her name) has suspended my account because she wanted to get ahold of me. I checked my voicemail from an old phone number i have and there is 3 messages from her. She did want to review my income.... I faxed her several documents including my w2 for 2006 . She says that I am approved for the BLUE CASH AMX with a starting credit limit of $20,000. She actually congradulated me for my good credit scores and excellent 6 months with my oasis card. She says my card will be in the mail and i should receive it in 7 to 10 days.

I asked her... what is going on with the oasis program..... she told me, more than she was soppose to. She says, she doesnt know of the program called ''OASIS'', she knows it as ''recovery card program''. She says, ALL Receovery card holders will be F/R by 6 months into the program. She says, if they do not meet certain standards, the card will be cancelled. She said, some will be upgraded, like me... some will continue with the program until the 1 year mark, then they will be reviewed again. She says, if the member at 6 months does not meet certain standards, their card will be CANCELLED. she says American Express has a new Executive who is shaking things up, and requiring a higher standard throughout the american express brand. .....

I did ask her.. that FR was not in the terms and conditions for this recovery card. And that was not part of the requiements... She said, that american express can change and update their policies whenever they feel fit. She also told me that American Express does not need to disclose this will happen. They did uphold their part of the deal by issuing the card. They did not promise to keep the card open for a certain amount of time....

I was furious...... i said, that is a sneaky business practices, and some smart lawyer is going to sue American Express for this. , or lose great customers for this sneaky business. So as i understand, American EXPRESS, flaunts the fact that you will regain memebership and get people to payoff their old accounts with every intend to FR them at 6 months, and cancel their card....

I told Mrs Ramos that i was disappointed in their business practices and i instructed her to DO NOT OPEN MY BLUECASH AMX ACCOUNT. I do not want to do business with this company. I told her, I better not see on my credit reports and account, opened then closed for Blue Cash.... Mrs Ramos, begged me to reconsider and assured me that i am a valued customer since 1999 ( my original account opening date). She even offered to raise my limit to 25,000., which i quickly declined.... i told her that i know hundreds of people that will leave amx or even write the CEO ( meaning CB'rs) about this bad practices...... I told her Ill go to bank of america and use their American Express, or USAA AMX.. these banks appreciate their customers.....

She invited me to call her anytime, at her direct number and extention if i was to change my mind.....

It feels goooooood to have FIRED american express.....

its really not fair and seems just out right WRONG, that they would treat people with good credit better than thoses who are trying to rebuild.

Im in the process of drafting a letter to the CEO.... I will post it, once Im done... Does anyone have an address to the US Executive offices of American Express????

thanks.. i hope this update helps..... and i feel sorry for people with the oasis card, come 6 months... if ur scores are undre 650... or so... they are cancelling u..... FYI......

oh yea,,, if anyone wants Mrs. Ramons direct number andd ext.. email me... or if the owners will let me, ill post it here.... she says she is a Senior Financial Review/Credit Accounts Manager.....

I told her Ill go to bank of america and use their American Express, or USAA AMX.. these banks appreciate their customers.....

as if that will hurt Amex any... they get the profits (from merchant fees) and let other banks holding the bag...

So... you paid off amex within the last 6 months to get back in their good graces, then turned down a 25K card (great for utilization BTW) - a card which will most likely report as opened in 1999... I hope you didn't pay a lot of money as it was not well spent.