Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

stores I've reported

This message is 749 days old.  We'd prefer it if you'd start a new topic instead of replying to this one.

George It is a Law in Indiana to Check id for booze and tobacco products.

ID is for age verification, not credit card use.

duh, I know that*. Read my post, I highlighted in bold.

*except for 2 states that merchants and Visa/Mastercard customer service misunderstand or misinterpret the state law and think they can require id. The California law, it is not really clear cut on the issue. I have read posters here on Credit boards that called Visa and said they live in California, the Customer service rep comes back and tells them it is a state law.

George It is a Law in Indiana to Check id for booze and tobacco products.

ID is for age verification, not credit card use.

duh, I know that*. Read my post, I highlighted in bold.

*except for 2 states that merchants and Visa/Mastercard customer service misunderstand or misinterpret the state law and think they can require id. The California law, it is not really clear cut on the issue. I have read posters here on Credit boards that called Visa and said they live in California, the Customer service rep comes back and tells them it is a state law.

CALIFORNIA LAW--->"PERMISSION TO ASK" (VISA/MC already allowed this)

ASK TILL THE COWS COME HOME

But when you say NO they still have to back-off

The California law has no effect on the Visa/MC rules which prohibit merchants from requiring ID. All the law means is the state itself does not stand in the way of ID checks. Merchants are free to enter into contracts with Visa/MC that are more restrictive. Merchants cannot make ID a condition of acceptance. Report violation (if any) as usual to Visa/MC and the nonsense will stop.

The California law has no effect on the Visa/MC rules which prohibit merchants from requiring ID. All the law means is the state itself does not stand in the way of ID checks. Merchants are free to enter into contracts with Visa/MC that are more restrictive. Merchants cannot make ID a condition of acceptance.

Yep.

Report violation (if any) as usual to Visa/MC and the nonsense will stop.

Maybe.

Did you have difficulty?

watch it or you will be put on ignore LOL

:rofl:

As long as I don't "get arrested", "go to jail", "get tasered", or other such nonsense...

Did you have difficulty?

:rofl:

As long as I don't "get arrested", "go to jail", "get tasered", or other such nonsense...

no but you might get bashed for not being in love with a debit card.

Did you have difficulty?

:blink:

no but you might get bashed for not being in love with a debit card.

A truly bizarre phenomena.

Did you have difficulty?

:clapping:

GO AHEAD AND MAKE MY DAY

I will settle for mid 6 or low 7 figures

Guest Bouquet
Still nobody this year...

That’s encouraging. How did the 2nd half of the year go?

Huhhhh???

Guest Bouquet2

Huhhhh???

It’s encouraging and comforting to know that 6 months into the year, you still hadn’t come across any violating store to report. How did the 2nd half of the year go?

Huhhhh???

It’s encouraging and comforting to know that 6 months into the year, you still hadn’t come across any violating store to report. How did the 2nd half of the year go?

Your calandar is a little off

Guest Bouquet3

Huhhhh???

Your calandar is a little off

Not really. Let’s try this:

It’s encouraging and comforting to know that 6 months into the year (6/29/09), you still hadn’t come across any violating store to report. How did the 2nd half of 2009 go for you?

Sign in to follow this  

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today.
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    HallFinancial
About Us

Since 2003, creditboards.com has helped thousands of people repair their credit, force abusive collection agents to follow the law, ensure proper reporting by credit reporting agencies, and provided financial education to help avoid the pitfalls that can lead to negative tradelines.

Important Information

Guidelines