Sign in to follow this  
KID CREOLE

Credit Privacy Number

Sounds like they are adding AU to the new File. But seems fishy to me. Let me guess they are trying to charge a Arm & Leg for this "Service"

i dunno found this is the barter section of craigslist. it kinda makes sense?..

Of course it's a scam, it explains in the 2nd paragraph that once you establish your fake identity they'll report 3 seasoned tradelines on your credit report. That would be fraud for financial gain, get it?

And sure it's true you never "have" to give your social security number to a bank -- and they never"have" to give you an account or a credit card or a loan. See how that works? It's a little voluntary give and take there -- you want a credit card, they want your social.

And if you are filling in numbers in a box labeled "SSN" and you are filling in something other than your SSN, then there's a good chance you are lying.

And giving some quote from a law that saws government agencies cannot deny you benefits if you don't give them an SSN has absolutely nothing to do with what private entities can or cannot do, since they are not government agencies.

But aside from all that it sounds great, go for it and let us know how it all worked out if you can get internet access in prison.

Thanks kevin

yea im just curious about it never said i was gonna do it... people add seasoned tl to accounts every day as AU (piggybacking i beleive is the term?) so no i dont get what your saying? i was hoping that someone would respond with a lil more knowledge of it?... not some lil smartass.

But Thanks again

Thanks kevin

yea im just curious about it never said i was gonna do it... people add seasoned tl to accounts every day as AU (piggybacking i beleive is the term?) so no i dont get what your saying? i was hoping that someone would respond with a lil more knowledge of it?... not some lil smartass.

But Thanks again

Please use a wee bit more respect when responding. Or I'll kick you in your proverbial hind quarters.

I been in the financial industry since 1972 and have never seen a application wherein it asks in the granting of credit for any other number associated with a person other than the Social Security number. I've never seen an application that asks for a Credit Privacy Number.

IF YOU PAY FOR SOMEONE TO ISSUE YOU A NUMBER THAT RESEMBLES A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER THAT YOU ATTEMPT TO USE FOR THE ASSUMPTION OF CREDIT DEBT, AND THAT SOMEONE ARTIFICALLY BUILDS YOU A CREDIT FILES WITH THAT FAKE NUMBER THEN YOU ARE ACTING IN A FRAUDULENT MANNER.

AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER IS A UNIQUE NUBER AND IT IS SEQUENCED IN ORDER BY THE SOCIAL SECURITY ADMINISTRATION AND EACH DIGIT IS A TELL TALE INDICATOR OF SOMETHING ABOUT THE PERSON TO WHOM IT IS ISSUED.

If someone applies for credit and uses a number that either has not been issued by the social security administration, or is out or range by the social security administration either by consumer death or other reason the credit file output is flagged.

I just call the police and tell them to come pick up the perpetrator.

THAT'S A LITTLE MORE INSIGHT.

Marv

thanks for the response.

and i show as much respect as i am given...

see now everyone will read and understand that this is false information right?

some snide remark about me going to prison over a simple question i put forth is not necessary right?

threatening to kick (i dont read the bible) me should not be necessary right?

i will send a message to the folks peddling this and direct them to this thread if they have any belief in what they are selling they will respond.

again Thanks i was looking for an expert opinion and got one.

Edited by KID CREOLE

Marv

thanks for the response.

and i show as much respect as i am given...

see now everyone will read and understand that this is false information right?

some snide remark about me going to prison over a simple question i put forth is not necessary right?

threatening to kick (i dont read the bible) me should not be necessary right?

i will send a message to the folks peddling this and direct them to this thread if they have any belief in what they are selling they will respond.

again Thanks i was looking for an expert opinion and got one.

Dude you should chill out. Enjoy the humor in these things.

Here's the problem:

From their offer:

(a) (1) It shall be unlawful for any Federal, State or Local Government Agency to

deny any individual any right, benefit, or privilege provided by law because of such

individual’s refusal to disclose his or hers Social Security Account Number.

What this means is Federal Law protects those who do not wish to disclose their personal

information (SS#) except where required to do so. Disclosure of your social security

number is only required when dealing with the IRS, your employer, or when applying

for a federally insured mortgage. Instead of a Social Security Number, you now have

the opportunity to establish a Credit Privacy Number (CPN).

What they are doing is creating new credit files using "CPN" numbers in place of the SS#. For a fee, they'll associate your personal info with that CPN and add some accounts to the credit report.

You use that CPN number in place of your SS# on applications, the creditor pulls your "new" file and off you go.

They claim this is legal because "any Federal, State or Local Government Agency" cannot deny you benefits because you refuse to disclose your SS#.

The CRA's and creditors are not federal, state or local government agencies. They are private businesses. When they ask for a SS#, using anything else in it's place is a violation of federal law. They did NOT ask you for a CPN number, they asked specifically for a SS#- and you do NOT have any legal right to make the switch-a-roo.

You DO have the right to not disclose your SS#, that part is correct. Of course THEY have the right to toss your app into the trash can. That's as far as "rights" go in this deal.

Truth is that you can use any 9 digit number and some companies will gove you credit card! That's why it works with ITIN, because some creditors' computers require 9 digit SSN and ITIN is also 9 digits. Computers just get access to the file by ITIN # or any 9 digitl #.

You can try to get new identity by adding few AU using fake 9 digit id# and in 2-3 months apply for few credit cards. Some will give you credit cards without any problems and some will ask for a copy of ITIN or/and bank statement, copy of ID, etc.

Thanks for the replies i did not plan on using this method (my file was never that bad to even consider such desperate options). was just curious about the claims they are making and thought that this would be the place to shed some light on it. and with Marv, Radi8 and Trix chiming in well i think all will be better educated when they do a search for "Credit Privacy Number" and read all of this.

Thanks again

THRIX what is ITIN?

Truth is that you can use any 9 digit number and some companies will gove you credit card! That's why it works with ITIN, because some creditors' computers require 9 digit SSN and ITIN is also 9 digits. Computers just get access to the file by ITIN # or any 9 digitl #.

You can try to get new identity by adding few AU using fake 9 digit id# and in 2-3 months apply for few credit cards. Some will give you credit cards without any problems and some will ask for a copy of ITIN or/and bank statement, copy of ID, etc.

Stupid idea and will get you the same results. Please don't advocate this kind of crap on this site.

Should you use your real name, address, and date of birth to apply for credit with a fake 9 digit number, that number will get attached to your real credit file as a "SSN variation" and of course you will be declined because the creditor found your bad credit file based on name address and date of birth. So you will need to lie about those details too for the system to "work", making it even more illegal.

Stupid idea and will get you the same results. Please don't advocate this kind of crap on this site.

I'm just saying it's true and I don't like the way it's happening. And it's not stupid, but it's a loop hole.

Thanks for the replies i did not plan on using this method (my file was never that bad to even consider such desperate options). was just curious about the claims they are making and thought that this would be the place to shed some light on it. and with Marv, Radi8 and Trix chiming in well i think all will be better educated when they do a search for "Credit Privacy Number" and read all of this.

Thanks again

THRIX what is ITIN?

Individual Tax Identification Number - it's IRS TAX ID # for non us-residents.