Do you collect anything?

The last post in this topic was posted 4815 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3. Wine - kept drinking the collection and its dwindled down - but it was soooo good

Actually, I kind of collect wine too. Although most of the wine I buy is purchased to be drunk within a short time frame, I have a few bottles that are being cellared. So I guess that would constitute a collection of sorts

3. Wine - kept drinking the collection and its dwindled down - but it was soooo good

Actually, I kind of collect wine too. Although most of the wine I buy is purchased for ME to be drunk within a short time frame, I have a few bottles that are being cellared. So I guess that would constitute a collection of sorts

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Had to help you out with that edit...I mean, I figured I would get to it before everybody else did. :clapping:

Edited by dang

Actually, I kind of collect wine too. Although most of the wine I buy is purchased for ME to be drunk within a short time frame, I have a few bottles that are being cellared. So I guess that would constitute a collection of sorts

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Had to help you out with that edit...I mean, I figured I would get to it before everybody else did. :angel:

it was an appropriate edit.

:angel:

ex-boyfriends :angel:

my grandmother collects a lot of things, like depression glass and plates.... and I assume I'll get a lot of that. I really don't collect anything (other than paperwork, which I swear multiplies at night) because I think of all the time I had to spend dusting my mom's collections when I was a kid. EVERY saturday...... I think I'm scarred :angel:

Do you have the Snoopy Sno Cone maker?

I STILL remember how bad I wanted one as a kid.... never got it. :rofl:

ex-boyfriends :lol:

my grandmother collects a lot of things, like depression glass and plates.... and I assume I'll get a lot of that. I really don't collect anything (other than paperwork, which I swear multiplies at night) because I think of all the time I had to spend dusting my mom's collections when I was a kid. EVERY saturday...... I think I'm scarred :yahoo:

Do you have the Snoopy Sno Cone maker?

I STILL remember how bad I wanted one as a kid.... never got it. :P

I hear ya. My mom and grandmother collect Fenton and Carnival Glass.... I can just imagine how many cabinets I will need when it all gets passed down. :)

Refrigerator Magnets-everytime we go somewhere, we buy a magnet

Beer garden glasses-I'm a klepto with these; I have almost 100 of them now

Star Wars toys-I have a massive collection that I (and my dad) started in the '70s with the first Star Wars movie, mostly still in boxes

Linens-I am sucker for nice bed linens and table linens, even though BF ruins them quickly

Murano glass-the real stuff, not the "Made in China" ripoffs. Good Murano glass is gorgeous.

I collect Santas.Hockey cards and my family history if that counts :lol:

My grandma collects Santas too! She has some really neat ones. We have a 3 foot tall Santa in our living room that was carved with a chainsaw. She bought it when I was 9 or 10 years old, it was about the same height as me when she got it. She likes the old "St Nicholas" style santas, where he's wearing a long hooded robe rather than the more modern bright red Santa suit.

I love flea markets, estate sales & such.

I don't really collect any particular thing, but its more of an odd collection of quirky items that catch my attention.

Well that and vinyl records....right now I am going through some sort of phase of looking for bizarre ones.

I really want to hear them :D:rofl:

I like (old) Frankoma pottery, usually odd pieces. (eta: mostly dinnerware and vases)

Edited by ms_lisa

i don't know that i actually "collect" anything... i just hoard. fabric, beads, yarn and Pampered Chef stuff.

i do have a few dresses my grandmother (who passed away when i was 5) made for me when i was a toddler stashed away at my mom's house for safekeeping... that would be the only thing worth mentioning that has any real meaning to me. they are just a few things that my grandfather and uncle didn't get rid of after she passed away.

• Admin

Old electronics, mostly old radios but sometimes other stuff.

At one time I had a restored 1931 AM transmitter in the house and more recently a pair of 1930's Altec Voice of the Theater speakers from an old movie house.

When we find any of our cats' whiskers lying around, we throw them into a jar.

There is absolutely no point to this.

I always knew you were a bit strange! ;)

ANYWAY..... I collect the souvenir pennies...you know, the ones that you put your penny in the machine with usually 50 cents and you turn the handle and it flattens the penny into an oval with a raised imprint of whatever the attraction is. I can always afford 51 cents to have a cool reminder. One of these days I am going to put them all on a bracelet or anklet.

ANYWAY..... I collect the souvenir pennies...you know, the ones that you put your penny in the machine with usually 50 cents and you turn the handle and it flattens the penny into an oval with a raised imprint of whatever the attraction is. I can always afford 51 cents to have a cool reminder. One of these days I am going to put them all on a bracelet or anklet.

My mom collects those too. She actually has one of those coin collector books made specifically for them!

DD collects angel style Barbies and beanie babies, mostly horse types.

DH collects auto repair manuals - never gets rid of them when we get rid of a vehicle.

I collect Indian and wolf stuff but I am very particular about what I buy, I don't buuy everything, it has to be special to me. I also have a very small collection of compo dolls, started with 2 my mom had for as long as I could remember. Since she passed I have purchased 2 more and my aunt gave me one as a gift. We also have one here that in truth belongs to DD, it belonged to my mom's great aunt so DD is the 5th generation to own it. It has far more sentimental value than cash value. It seems I have also started collecting elephants because my mom collected them and sometimes I find myself buying them, forgetting she is gone so I end up displaying them myself, same way with firefighter stuff and Texaco Firechief stuff but I only have a handful of those items.

I love flea markets, estate sales & such.

I don't really collect any particular thing, but its more of an odd collection of quirky items that catch my attention.

Well that and vinyl records....right now I am going through some sort of phase of looking for bizarre ones.

I really want to hear them :clapping::P

I like (old) Frankoma pottery, usually odd pieces. (eta: mostly dinnerware and vases)

That just reminded me - My grandmother has an old Victrola record player, the one with the big horn thingie on top. It's a cabinet, and underneath the record player, she has probably 100 or so OLD OLD OLD records that she can play on it.

I collect lighthouses and Christmas ornaments. My personal fave is split-rock lighthouse. I believe radi8 lives not too far from it.

Split rock lighthouse is very cool. B)

Not long ago, there was a lighthouse for sale on the eastern shore, MD..a dude bought it and think he was going to move his family in..

:dance: anychance of you cleaning out your PM box..its full!

The last post in this topic was posted 4815 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.