Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

A new method to disputing

I have a collection item that is showing up on TU only. Here's how it looks:

XYZ Collection Corp. #1111111

Loan Type: Collection Agency/Attorney

Remarks: Paid Collection

Date Place for Collection: 01/2006

Estimated Date That This Item Will Be Removed: 01/2012

Balance: $0

Date Verified: 04/2008

Original Amount: $182

Original Creditor: XXXXX Therapy

Pay Status: Payment After Charge Off/Collections

Account Type: Open Account

Responsibility: Individual Account

Date Closed: 11/2006

Date Paid: 02/2005

Here's my problem: I've never heard of the Original Creditor. I've called them and sent them two letters asking for my medical information because I know that I've never been a patient with them. No response. I've tried contacting the collection agency. Again, no response.

Any suggestions as to how to get this off my TU report? I've contacted TU several times and it keeps coming back as "verified."

Can't you send a Procedural Request letter to CRA (TU)?

It in essence is asking how did TU verify this debt when you know its not yours. They need to provide detailed information from the medical office - in of course they CAN'T. Medical information is private information that is disclosed to NO ONE, but the patient and doctors. So TU can't verify your debt in detail. Is this office local? Can you visit office and speak with someone about this and receive a letter from them that day showings its not your debt, if not, harass them everyday calling office - demanding to speak w/ Office Manager or Accounts Receivable!

You could also send DV to CA. you may want to read the HIPPAA section under CB forum. I have seen a few things about medical collections and letters to deal with them.

Report CA and OC to the damn State Attorney General!. Do you have proof you sent 2 letters (Certified mail receipt) your AG will be able to step in for you as long as you have documented proof of your methods to contact these fools!

I've actually stopped by three times to the office and nobody was there. It actually looks like nobody is EVER there! The other thing that's weird about the whole thing is that on the TU report it states that it was paid on 2/2005 - but then another line states that it was place for collection on 1/2006. This whole thing is screwy.

Hey Jack - Per my post asking how to handle the collection for Asset Acceptance on my credit report, could I use your Jacks Attack tactic? I'm not sure I understand how I would do it. Are you saying that I should send the letter to Asset Acceptance or the 3 credit reporting agencies? I'm so clueless with this stuff...thanks again for being so helpful!

Hey Jack - Per my post asking how to handle the collection for Asset Acceptance on my credit report, could I use your Jacks Attack tactic? I'm not sure I understand how I would do it. Are you saying that I should send the letter to Asset Acceptance or the 3 credit reporting agencies? I'm so clueless with this stuff...thanks again for being so helpful!

It's meant for the CRA's.

Just a quick note...I will compare my results to the last Jack Attack letters I've sent with a new-and-improved one going out. This time I am not putting it in a bullet format; rather this time it is in a conversational format with supporting documentation. It's all the same approach, but this time it doesn't look like everyone else's letters. LOL

I have several loan defaults from mortgages I could not pay a few years ago during the real estate boom. Can these be disputed off my credit reports?

Thanks,

BBFL58

With all the disputing scams, such as the one in my siggy, i want to try a new concept. We know that the CRA employees are on a time limit per dispute.

It seems that every time a consumer says "not mine" or "no records", it gets verified quick due to the address and name match up.

So, i decided in my next dispute to stay FAR away from "not mine", or "no records."

Something like this........

This is Not a Data Factoring account. Please remove this.

It is reported as an “Open†account, which is false. Please remove this.

It reports a One Month term which is false. Please remove this.

The Estimated date of removal for the CA does not match the date that the original creditor, reports. The Original creditor is reporting 9/2010. Please correct or remove this.

The Date of First Delinquency with the Original Creditor is not provided Please provide this.

The Date of First Major Delinquency with the Original Creditor is not provided Please provide this

It has never been 120 days late Please remove this.

It is listed as a loan. They have never provided me a loan. Please remove this.

No payment was made in 2/2007. Please remove this.

It is listed as an installment account, which is false. Please remove this.

The Balance is not correct. Please correct or remove this.

The end of the seven year reporting period should be listed as 09/2010. Please correct or remove this.

And this is only ONE tradeline.

Im sure i could add more. This is just to get them to do more work, and use up more of there time, WITHOUT being thrown in the not mine category. Nor did i ever say it was mine.

If you add even MORE tradelines, even better!

Any critique would be great.

jack1212

Let us know how this works out for you -- so we can do it too!!

Just a quick note...I will compare my results to the last Jack Attack letters I've sent with a new-and-improved one going out. This time I am not putting it in a bullet format; rather this time it is in a conversational format with supporting documentation. It's all the same approach, but this time it doesn't look like everyone else's letters. LOL

I have several loan defaults from mortgages I could not pay a few years ago during the real estate boom. Can these be disputed off my credit reports?

Thanks,

BBFL58

Sure, anything can be disputed.

Have you tried a goodwill in this situation?

From reading back through this, it seems TU gets the best results. Exp used a "need more info, stall tactic", and EQ verified everything. (in my experience).

Here's the CDIA manual. Keep in mind that this does not contain the Secret CRA dispute codes.

CDIA Manual

I've been trying to find the CDIA Manual, the links in this thread come back invalid. Until I read this post, I didn't know this type of manual existed. I'm very interested in reading it so I can send off some well thought out disputes. <_<

From reading back through this, it seems TU gets the best results. Exp used a "need more info, stall tactic", and EQ verified everything. (in my experience).

Here's the CDIA manual. Keep in mind that this does not contain the Secret CRA dispute codes.

CDIA Manual

I've been trying to find the CDIA Manual, the links in this thread come back invalid. Until I read this post, I didn't know this type of manual existed. I'm very interested in reading it so I can send off some well thought out disputes. <_<

the CDIA codes are NOT the same codes the CRAs use to code your disputes.

I just want to make sure people do not get these confused.

Jack, I would still love to get my hands on the 30-some internal dispute codes.... I think that takes your great idea here to an even simpler level.

Here ya go!

001:Not his/hers. Provided or confirm complete ID.

002:Belongs to another individual with same/similar name. Provide or confirm complete ID (including Social Security Number, Date of Birth, Generation Code, etc.)

105:Disputes Date of Last Payment/Date Opened/Date of First Delinquency/Date Closed. Verify all dates.

112:Consumer states inaccurate information. Provide or confirm complete ID and account information.

101:Not liable for account (i.e. ex-spouse, business). If liable, provide or confirm complete ID and ECOA Code.

006:Not aware of collection - provide or confirm complete ID and verify Original Creditor Name and Creditor Classification.

111:Claims company will delete. Verify all account information.

012:Claims paid the original creditor before collection status or paid before charge-off. Verify Account Status, Payment Rating, Current Balance, Amount Past Due and Payment History Profile.

103:Claims true identity fraud, account fraudulently opened. Provide or confirm complete ID.

106: Disputes present/previous Account Status/Payment History Profile/Payment Rating. Verify Payment History Profile, Account Status, and Payment Rating.

019:Included in the bankruptcy of another person. Verify ECOA Code, Consumer Information Indicator, Account Status, and Current Balance.

037:Account included in bankruptcy. Verify Consumer Information Indicator, Account Status, Current Balance, Amount Past Due, Payment Rating, and Payment History Profile.

039:Insurance claim delayed. Verify Payment History Profile, Account Status, Payment Rating, Amount Past Due and Current Balance.

109:Disputes Current Balance - Verify Original Loan Amount, Scheduled Monthly Payment Amount, Actual Payment Amount, Amount Past Due, Current Balance, and Original Charge-off Amount.

104:Claims account take-over, fraudulent charges made on account. Verify signature, provide or confirm complete ID.

Jack, I would still love to get my hands on the 30-some internal dispute codes.... I think that takes your great idea here to an even simpler level.

Here ya go!

001:Not his/hers. Provided or confirm complete ID.

002:Belongs to another individual with same/similar name. Provide or confirm complete ID (including Social Security Number, Date of Birth, Generation Code, etc.)

105:Disputes Date of Last Payment/Date Opened/Date of First Delinquency/Date Closed. Verify all dates.

112:Consumer states inaccurate information. Provide or confirm complete ID and account information.

101:Not liable for account (i.e. ex-spouse, business). If liable, provide or confirm complete ID and ECOA Code.

006:Not aware of collection - provide or confirm complete ID and verify Original Creditor Name and Creditor Classification.

111:Claims company will delete. Verify all account information.

012:Claims paid the original creditor before collection status or paid before charge-off. Verify Account Status, Payment Rating, Current Balance, Amount Past Due and Payment History Profile.

103:Claims true identity fraud, account fraudulently opened. Provide or confirm complete ID.

106: Disputes present/previous Account Status/Payment History Profile/Payment Rating. Verify Payment History Profile, Account Status, and Payment Rating.

019:Included in the bankruptcy of another person. Verify ECOA Code, Consumer Information Indicator, Account Status, and Current Balance.

037:Account included in bankruptcy. Verify Consumer Information Indicator, Account Status, Current Balance, Amount Past Due, Payment Rating, and Payment History Profile.

039:Insurance claim delayed. Verify Payment History Profile, Account Status, Payment Rating, Amount Past Due and Current Balance.

109:Disputes Current Balance - Verify Original Loan Amount, Scheduled Monthly Payment Amount, Actual Payment Amount, Amount Past Due, Current Balance, and Original Charge-off Amount.

104:Claims account take-over, fraudulent charges made on account. Verify signature, provide or confirm complete ID.

B)

Guest Joseph C
Let us know how this works out for you -- so we can do it too!!

:mellow::clapping::dance: :dance: :wacko:

:huh:

Hey there

I tried the link for guide and it didnt work.. lol Can someone kindly guide me to where the how tos and the letters??? Im so new at this and havent even begun to make a dent in the surface and thinking maybe someone who is more qualified should be doing my credit report. lol But, Im going to stick with it and keep reading the posts and try to do this on my own. =0) Thanks for all the helpful information.

Carol

Hello,

I tried this method and it worked for the accounts I never disputed but it didn't work for the one I have disputed in the past with experian is there any other way to disputes those verified accounts they wont redispute?

is was wondering jack how do you dispute forclosers?

I have never had any experience disputing those. I suppose you could look at the TL and see if it reports correctly.

Automatic Carbon Copies – If you modified or

deleted an account in response to a consumer

reporting agency-generated consumer dispute, e-

OSCAR® will send copies of the dispute and response

to each of the consumer reporting agencies with which

you have registered an affiliation in e-OSCAR®. These

copies help to pre-empt future disputes, thus reducing

your costs. Consumer credit data will be accurate at

all the agencies with which you are registered, which

will help to improve customer satisfaction.

Apparently none of the CRA's register an affiliation with each other. Greedy basterds.

So, if I've read correctly,

The method here or theory is:

Go through your Tradeline, LINE BY LINE, and list everything that is either INCOMPLETE or FALSE and list each one with a Suggestion of "Fix This or Delete This".

Could you change it to "Fix This or Delete this Account"?

If the above is correct, nice idea. Create a work load for them or have them verify a violation, and then give them an easy out (Just Delete It), lol.