experian previously verified, please help

The last post in this topic was posted 1794 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Hi all,

I have searched every post going back to the beginning of time on what to do when experian gives the "previously verified" response, but there doesn't seem to be any answers (only co-victims who are getting shafted like me...) My experian report is still a mess because they won't let me dispute any more. They keep saying "previously verified" and when I called them yesterday and asked them how they had verified a utility bill for a state I have never lived in, they said that "it was not their job to verify the accuracy of the data, the CA told them the information was correct, so they could not remove anything." How do I get around this? They keep contacting the CA, who keeps giving them the same incorrect information. I am afraid if I contact the CA, I will be reaging the tl and that's the last thing I need at this point. I have 7-9 old student loan negatives, several utility CO's and 2 old cc CO's that I still want to dispute, but I cannot get experian to re-investigate. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

lgt

Experian is posting an incorrect DOLA. They will drop off in 8 months with the incorrect DOLA. Experian will not change the DOLA. Believe me, I've tried!

Do you think I should validate with the CA's? I'm afraid it will reage the debt again.

I'm hoping that if I put the dispute in writing, and give them a totally new reason for the dispute, with "additional information not in the original dispute", then they will re-investigate and maybe the 1-2 punch will work.

Any comments from those who this has worked for? Is it worth even trying this?

Thanks for your help Willy2004. I am more than willing to be involved in the class action. My notice does say "previously investigated on...". But I also want to try things individually still. Some of the "previously investigated on..." dates are from 2 years ago! I got an experian customer service rep to admit on the phone today that they never investigate any item more than twice, and they only investigate once if the same dispute reason is given twice. For an item to even be investigated twice, you have to give two totally different dispute reasons. I didn't do this on some of the items, I was a stupid novice. (I still am...)

So, I am wondering if I provide "new data relevant to the dispute" if Experian will re-investigate and I will be able to try the 1-2 punch. What do you think?

Provide a letter from the creditor if you can--that is the best documentation.

I got an experian customer service rep to admit on the phone today that they never investigate any item more than twice, and they only investigate once if the same dispute reason is given twice.

Taped? :8)

I have had several disputes come back as previously verified. These were the easiest to get removed. The FCRA states that every dispute must be investigated unless deemed frivilous. I disputed again quoting the FCRA and the items were deleted. I never contacted the CA. Just don't give the CRA any ammo by using the term frivilous when you dispute again. Just tell them to re-investigate per the FCRA.

I think someone just posted a letter to this effect.

Bobbi

• 4 weeks later...
I have had several disputes come back as previously verified.  These were the easiest to get removed.  The FCRA states that every dispute must be investigated unless deemed frivilous.  I disputed again quoting the FCRA and the items were deleted.  I never contacted the CA.  Just don't give the CRA any ammo by using the term frivilous when you dispute again.  Just tell them to re-investigate per the FCRA.

I think someone just posted a letter to this effect.

Bobbi

Could you please please help find a link to this letter? This is huge!

I believe this is the letter you were talking about:

http://www.creditboards.com/phpBB2/viewtop...+verified#46663

I am having very hard time with Experian too. I was able to start another reinvestigation once in a blue moon by writing them zillion of letters and making zillion of calls, but each and every time everything gets verified again. It is really pain in the a$$.

I wish we figure out some way to deal with them...

I was surprised to see my question pop back up to the top of the queue after a month! Since I originally posted this, I have tried again (unsuccessfully) to dispute the items that Experian says were "previously investigated". No luck. Got my results today.

If I hired a lawyer to shoot them letters filled with legal threats, do you think that would help? I don't think anybody at Experian is even reading my disputes anymore.

lgt

I was surprised to see my question pop back up to the top of the queue after a month!  Since I originally posted this, I have tried again (unsuccessfully) to dispute the items that Experian says were "previously investigated".  No luck.  Got my results today.    

If I hired a lawyer to shoot them letters filled with legal threats, do you think that would help?  I don't think anybody at Experian is even reading my disputes anymore.

lgt

I actually was thinking myself about hiring Lexington. They are attorneys, and from what I've heard and read, their letters are taken more seriously and they get results.

But I personally have never dealt with credit repair companies, so I don't know for sure.

I heard about some company that guarantees you clean reports within 1 year for 1K. Money back guarantee.

I used Lexington before I started self-repair about 6 months ago. They just send spam letters and they do not keep track of what they have sent, so they often send letters disputing accounts that are already deleted, etc. And they are SLOW. I was able to just about clean my reports in 4 months (I have been actively repairing since Jan 2, I just read up on things, researched, etc from Sept to Jan). I would not use Lexington again, although they did get some deletes for me. I got a LOT more myself though using this board.

I was thinking about finding a credit lawyer to go after Experian and get them to re-investigate and delete. I wonder if anyone has tried this yet...

Sorry, I can't help you with lawyer, never had one.

But have you got any results with Experian when you were with Lexington?

I feel that I can deal with TU and EQ on my own, but Exp. completely ignores me. They often even don't budge to respond to my letters.

I got deletes on Experian from Lexington, but they were first round disputes, and I believe I would have gotten the deletes myself. I don't think that Lexington will be able to do for you anything more than you are doing for yourself.

Hi breana902,

The Student Loans that experian won't delete are all past 7 years but have been reaged. Experian doesn't care and won't change anything.

The CO is from Asset Acceptance (ugh!) I was an AU on the card. It is reporting incorrectly as a joint account. It was paid off by the card holder in 2002. It has been reaged, but is reporting as paid with a zero balance now. (Finally...) I have no idea how to get this off of experian. I have gotten it off my other two reports. As you probably know, Asset doesn't validate.

Any suggestions?

The last post in this topic was posted 1794 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.