I was traumatized...by a "cuddler"

The last post in this topic was posted 4832 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I've not read anyone else's responses, but this subject was introduced about a year ago and I was voiced my thoughts on if someone (stranger) approached me asking for hugs or hugged me I wouldn't be "so receptive" to the idea. :angry::rofl:

See people? It's one thing to talk in theory, but in real life it just freaks the s*(& out of people!

Oh no...

It's more than free hugs.

It was the invitation to a "Cuddle Party"

He told me all about it....

People get together and cuddle with strangers.

I thought he was insane, but later I was talking to a friend (no longer my friend because she wouldn't stop laughing)

and she told me to go look it up online.

I did.

New Years Resolution #36:

STOP BEING NICE TO EVERYONE. THEY ARE CRAZY.

So....What IS a cuddle party? :D

I've not read anyone else's responses, but this subject was introduced about a year ago and I was voiced my thoughts on if someone (stranger) approached me asking for hugs or hugged me I wouldn't be "so receptive" to the idea. :angry::rofl:

See people? It's one thing to talk in theory, but in real life it just freaks the s*(& out of people!

Oh no...

It's more than free hugs.

It was the invitation to a "Cuddle Party"

He told me all about it....

People get together and cuddle with strangers.

I thought he was insane, but later I was talking to a friend (no longer my friend because she wouldn't stop laughing)

and she told me to go look it up online.

I did.

New Years Resolution #36:

STOP BEING NICE TO EVERYONE. THEY ARE CRAZY.

So....What IS a cuddle party? :D

http://www.cuddleparty.com/

:cry2::rofl::beee:

NEEN!!

That was seriously wrong. :sorry:

The FAQs has me cracking up... :rofl:

(some good ones..)

What is a Cuddle Party?

This whole Cuddle Party thingy sounds weird. Is it?

Why would anyone want to cuddle with a bunch of strangers?

This is really just an excuse to have an orgy, right?

Do PJs really stay on the whole time?

What if something "comes up"? (AKA, Arousal)

Cuddle Lifeguard On Duty? What's that?

What's the job of the Cuddle Caddy?

Are there a bunch of pajama-wearing weirdos there?

Do I have to cuddle everybody at the party?

I only want to cuddle with hot people. How can I make sure that happens?

Is that a bad thing, that I only want to cuddle the people I'm attracted to?

What do I do if no one wants to cuddle me?

Welcome Circle? Sounds New Age-y... This isn't some 60's encounter group thing is it?

Can I get stoned at a Cuddle Party?

What the heck is a Puppy Pile?

Are you guys willing to sell out?

NEEN!!

That was seriously wrong. :sorry:

The FAQs has me cracking up... :rofl:

(some good ones..)

What is a Cuddle Party?

This whole Cuddle Party thingy sounds weird. Is it?

Why would anyone want to cuddle with a bunch of strangers?

This is really just an excuse to have an orgy, right?

Do PJs really stay on the whole time?

What if something "comes up"? (AKA, Arousal)

What's the job of the Cuddle Caddy?

Are there a bunch of pajama-wearing weirdos there?

Do I have to cuddle everybody at the party?

Is that a bad thing, that I only want to cuddle the people I'm attracted to?

What do I do if no one wants to cuddle me?

Welcome Circle? Sounds New Age-y... This isn't some 60's encounter group thing is it?

Can I get stoned at a Cuddle Party?

What the heck is a Puppy Pile?

Are you guys willing to sell out?

I honestly think you should go, Lisa. You owe it to GF to stand unafraid on the front line of anonymous cuddling; you would make an excellent addition to a puppy pile, you "coordinated cuddle monster", you.

Take photos and report back to us.

i didn't see anything in the FAQ about "what if someone wants to cuddle and they smell like hot flowers?" that's definitely something i'd want to know how to avoid if i were the type of person that would go to one of those parties. :)

:sorry::rofl:

i didn't see anything in the FAQ about "what if someone wants to cuddle and they smell like hot flowers?" that's definitely something i'd want to know how to avoid if i were the type of person that would go to one of those parties. :huh:

:rofl::)

I'm not entirely certain, because I can't find any direct reference to it in the FAQs, but I think, since this is a safe place to explore your space issues, that you can probably just hold up your talking hand and say, "Hell naw, anonymous person - I will not cuddle your stank." :sorry:

But Lisa will tell us when she reports back here. Lisa, you must search out someone who smells like hot flowers and experiment with several reactions to see which works best.

OMG - you have to read through the whole thing, and in particular look for the info on "human lasagna"

:):D:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I liked this Q&A:

Are Cuddle Parties therapy?

Cuddle Parties are intended for people who are well. People who need professional care should consult trained health care professionals. Cuddle Parties are not intended as substitutes for therapy. If you're someone who is currently in therapy or seeing a mental health care professional, we recommend that you consult your doctor(s) and talk to them about attending a Cuddle Party before you do so. We'd also appreciate it if you gave us a heads up on your situation too. Any such disclosures will be held in strict confidence, but our Cuddle Lifeguards reserve the right to ask you not to attend a Cuddle Party at their discretion.

:rofl: :rofl:

this has GOT to be a joke :lol:<_<

Cuddle Lifeguards are a select group of amazing individuals who are specially trained and certified in how to facilitate Cuddle Parties. They are responsible for ensuring the integrity of the room, meaning that no sex happens, that everyone feels safe, and that the sexual energy, when it shows up, is dispersed safely. They, along with the Cuddle Caddy, facilitate the Welcome Circle and make sure everyone gets taken care of.

Turn off the air conditioner... Oh, wait. Nevermind.

If you only want to cuddle with "hot people" we suggest that you only invite and make requests for cuddling to/from those individuals whom register on your Hottie Radar. It's perfectly okay to only want to cuddle with those you find attractive. Of course, check in with yourself to make sure that you're okay with receiving a No before extending invites and making requests.

How long does a Cuddle Party last?

Usually they last about three and a half hours, although the length may vary a bit for special events.

and lastly... you PAY for this?!??!?!? :lol:

Can you pay at the door?

Yes, but admission is not always guaranteed. We recommend RSVP'ing and paying in advance to ensure your spot. Refer to our refund policy for further information.

And if YOU would like to be a certified life guard:

Foundations of Facilitation Training

Foundations of Facilitation Training is a weekend-long intensive program designed to provide you with the skills you need to create powerful, transformative workshops. Created by the inventors of Cuddle Party, this training will provide you with the tools you need to enhance your confidence, create new depth to your presentations, and improve your ability to create relatedness with just about anyone.

Whether you are new to running events for groups, or have been facilitating for years, this interactive, hands-on training has much to offer. Over the course of the weekend, you will learn how to:

create safe, non-sexual space to explore intimacy on both on a personal and professional level

lead workshops that leave your participants feeling touched, open, valued and nurtured

generate an environment where women and men communicate more authentically

listen profoundly

create a powerful relatedness with strangers quickly and easily

be more open to others and able to give and receive comfortably

create strong boundaries for yourself without shutting others down

You will also learn:

tools for building a strong, intimate community

advanced tools for handling rejection

communication techniques that open people up to discuss intimacy, desires, fears and needs

Foundations of Facilitation is consistently rated as one of the best training workshops available by our participants... and they know workshops!

"Of all the workshops I've attended, the [Foundations of Facilitation] Training has given me the most practical and useful tools to create and maintain direct, open and honest communication with EVERYONE in my life DAILY." — Tracy, Alabama

"I took my first facilitator training 30 years ago, and it's been a long, long time since I learned so much in one weekend." — Ankha, Minnesota

Most training weekends of this kind cost nearly a $1000. The Foundations of Facilitation training is only $495. Not only that, but we guarantee your satisfaction, or your money back!

Whether you simply want to enhance your own leadership skills or become a certified Cuddle Party Facilitator, join us for one of our upcoming training weekends:

November 10-12, 2007 in Sedona, Az (Registration open until Nov 9)

January 11-13, 2008 in Maui, Hawaii (Registration Deadline Dec. 5)

April 4-6, 2008 in San Francisco, Ca (Registration Deadline March 5)

Change people's lives. REGISTER NOW for Foundations of Facilitation Training.

OY. VEY. :lol::rofl:

i didn't see anything in the FAQ about "what if someone wants to cuddle and they smell like hot flowers?" that's definitely something i'd want to know how to avoid if i were the type of person that would go to one of those parties. :huh:

:rofl: :rofl:

I'm not entirely certain, because I can't find any direct reference to it in the FAQs, but I think, since this is a safe place to explore your space issues, that you can probably just hold up your talking hand and say, "Hell naw, anonymous person - I will not cuddle your stank." :stop:

But Lisa will tell us when she reports back here. Lisa, you must search out someone who smells like hot flowers and experiment with several reactions to see which works best.

I found a link to the rules. One of the rules (like 14 or something) was that ya had to be "hygiene savvy" to participate. So, I guess it's come up before. :huh:

i didn't see anything in the FAQ about "what if someone wants to cuddle and they smell like hot flowers?" that's definitely something i'd want to know how to avoid if i were the type of person that would go to one of those parties. :lol:

:blink::lol:

I'm not entirely certain, because I can't find any direct reference to it in the FAQs, but I think, since this is a safe place to explore your space issues, that you can probably just hold up your talking hand and say, "Hell naw, anonymous person - I will not cuddle your stank." :blink:

I found a link to the rules. One of the rules (like 14 or something) was that ya had to be "hygiene savvy" to participate. So, I guess it's come up before. :huh:

i wonder what they do with the offender... drag them out to the door and toss them out like week old garbage? do they at least give them a hug first? blackberry needs to send her funkdafied-breath co-worker in and have them report back to us. :lol:

The last post in this topic was posted 4832 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.