I don't post much about work here but...

The last post in this topic was posted 4794 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

i have to share this because i think it's the most rifrickindiculous thing in the (business) world. i'm sure it's been said before in true corporate form... but i just didn't expect it at my work. i was told at a staff meeting that i communicate too much... that i need to assume/trust that our newbies know what they are doing and never ask if they need help or additional training. ;) this came from the girl who has claimed in the past that if she doesn't know how to do a new dental procedure that she just runs with it and hopes that it will turn out ok. :cry2: i'm sorry, but i don't want anyone like her working on my teeth especially if they are new and they aren't going to be properly trained! and FYI... when i say new, i mean brand-spankin... we do OTJ training for a decent number of our newbies!

those of you who have had to, or still do, deal with this kind of nonsense... i'm so sorry for you! i'm sorry for those of you who have undertrained dental/medical staff working on you because they can potentially eff you up and cause you pain, discomfort and possibly more money ('cause you *know* they aren't going to admit fault)... and i'm sorry for those of you who have to deal with the corporate stupidity on a day to day basis.

if anyone else wants to share some of their own workplace-idiocy stories, feel free! i'm sure mine doesn't win any prizes for originality. :)

i have to share this because i think it's the most rifrickindiculous thing in the (business) world. i'm sure it's been said before in true corporate form... but i just didn't expect it at my work. i was told at a staff meeting that i communicate too much... that i need to assume/trust that our newbies know what they are doing and never ask if they need help or additional training. :unsure: this came from the girl who has claimed in the past that if she doesn't know how to do a new dental procedure that she just runs with it and hopes that it will turn out ok. :lol: i'm sorry, but i don't want anyone like her working on my teeth especially if they are new and they aren't going to be properly trained! and FYI... when i say new, i mean brand-spankin... we do OTJ training for a decent number of our newbies!

those of you who have had to, or still do, deal with this kind of nonsense... i'm so sorry for you! i'm sorry for those of you who have undertrained dental/medical staff working on you because they can potentially eff you up and cause you pain, discomfort and possibly more money ('cause you *know* they aren't going to admit fault)... and i'm sorry for those of you who have to deal with the corporate stupidity on a day to day basis.

if anyone else wants to share some of their own workplace-idiocy stories, feel free! i'm sure mine doesn't win any prizes for originality. :grin:

Could it be that you're a bit overbearing? Or perhaps your demenaor is a little off putting. I kinda find it hard to believe that in your work setting, the person would use the word, "never" when training someone.

Perhaps it may help to look inward and wonder why the comments are directed at you and not anyone else.

Just a thought.

Today my "boss" is making me wear a bucket on my head anytime I get near my computer. Then he makes me call the dog, so it'll spin in circles while I call him in a high pitched voice...

Okay so i dont really have a "boss" but I have a 2yr old who thinks he's the boss. Does that count? :unsure:

i have to share this because i think it's the most rifrickindiculous thing in the (business) world. i'm sure it's been said before in true corporate form... but i just didn't expect it at my work. i was told at a staff meeting that i communicate too much... that i need to assume/trust that our newbies know what they are doing and never ask if they need help or additional training. :P this came from the girl who has claimed in the past that if she doesn't know how to do a new dental procedure that she just runs with it and hopes that it will turn out ok. :swoon: i'm sorry, but i don't want anyone like her working on my teeth especially if they are new and they aren't going to be properly trained! and FYI... when i say new, i mean brand-spankin... we do OTJ training for a decent number of our newbies!

if anyone else wants to share some of their own workplace-idiocy stories, feel free! i'm sure mine doesn't win any prizes for originality. :P

Could it be that you're a bit overbearing? Or perhaps your demenaor is a little off putting. I kinda find it hard to believe that in your work setting, the person would use the word, "never" when training someone.

Perhaps it may help to look inward and wonder why the comments are directed at you and not anyone else.

Just a thought.

perhaps not. i've been told by every.single.newbie.we've.had. that i'm very easy to talk to about technical things and that they appreciate the fact that i look out for them... and the compliment is 100% unsolicited.

the problem is that the girl who said it is very passive-aggressive and has a tendency to say whatever it takes to shoot someone down when the spotlight isn't shining down on her and i think she's pissed off that the newbies come to me when they have a question or problem instead of her. she's been doing it to everyone lately and everyone has been complaining. and, no, "everyone" isn't a relative term in this case... ALL the staff members have been complaining... bar NONE.

as far as looking inward... BTDT and realized a few years back that i was assuming the position of a doormat. since i stopped letting people like her walk on me some people have just fought harder to do it. just because i've become assertive doesn't mean i've become overbearing... well, maybe the ones who find it harder to walk on me think i am, but too bad! no one deserves to be treated like chocolate, do they?

Today my "boss" is making me wear a bucket on my head anytime I get near my computer. Then he makes me call the dog, so it'll spin in circles while I call him in a high pitched voice...

Okay so i dont really have a "boss" but I have a 2yr old who thinks he's the boss. Does that count? :lol:

too funny! when i first read the bucket on the head thing i thought, "omg she's got one evil boss!" :P

The last post in this topic was posted 4794 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.