The last post in this topic was posted 4795 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Job searching is so frustrating for me. :blink: It's kinda overwhelming...Well, it's not that I don't know where to start..I already have some GOOD leads. Both in San Antonio and possibly in Corpus (we're thinking about moving down there). But the thought of interviewing freaks me out. I dunno why. I'm usually pretty good at public speaking or speaking in more professional aspects. I think I'm putting more importance on it than I should. But heck, I don't even know where to start with my RESUME! :yahoo:

I do plan on going to the career services for help in those aspects...

But, I also worry about applying for jobs too early.

WHen should I START applying and doing interviews (hopefully), so that I can start working in June? I'm worried if I apply too early, they'll see I can't start until June, and pass me over for someone that can start immediately. But I don't want to wait too long, then I might not be able to get a job quickly (in relation to my graduation date). Plus, I'd prefer to have a job offer in hand before deciding whether we move to San Antonio, Corpus, or stay here....and then worry about finding an apartment (it's easier to find an apartment if ya know how much you can spend, ya know).

ETA: It's also frustrating for me when looking at the qualifications. I keep being told that the "requirements" are really just the "ideal" candidate, but how do you know what is a deal breaker and what's negotiable.

Edited by angeleyeskkhr

I'm sort of in the same boat as you are. I'm moving to Atlanta soon (shooting for April) and I've been applying for jobs since about November of last year. I've gotten some hits and have a couple of interviews set up.

I think it all depends on the field that you're in. You can include when you would be available to start in your coverletter. I've found that employers are willing to work with you.

Something else to consider is that they may not have an immediate job opening that suits your availability, but they could keep you in mind for something else that comes up in the near future. I would never not post a resume, if anything it gives you an idea of what's going on in the market.

Best of luck to you!

It's also frustrating for me when looking at the qualifications. I keep being told that the "requirements" are really just the "ideal" candidate, but how do you know what is a deal breaker and what's negotiable.

Never sell yourself short.

No one knows what a deal breaker is or what's negotiable....

If you have the right attitude and show them you have what they need and want...they forget what their requirements were in the first place. :good:

I wouldn't even worry about this.

If you feel it is something you could do, go for it.

It's also frustrating for me when looking at the qualifications. I keep being told that the "requirements" are really just the "ideal" candidate, but how do you know what is a deal breaker and what's negotiable.

Never sell yourself short.

No one knows what a deal breaker is or what's negotiable....

If you have the right attitude and show them you have what they need and want...they forget what their requirements were in the first place. :rofl:

I wouldn't even worry about this.

If you feel it is something you could do, go for it.

I've been thinking I'd do this. I dunno how well it'd work, though. For instance...There was this one 'budget analyst' job posting I saw. It sounds really interesting to me (I like that kind of thing). It did not require a degree in business (just a bachelor's degree), but did say 3 years experience in <whatever> (I forget right now). But I was thinking of applying anyway. :rofl:

ETA: But then I was worried that now is too early to apply for a job like that. :P

Edited by angeleyeskkhr

The last post in this topic was posted 4795 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.