Official www.myfico.com discount thread

The CPPSAVINGS code worked for me but the 20% discount off $15.95 came to $12.76 for each TU and EQ FICO score. Then I signed up dh for the free 30-day Scorewatch at $8.95 for EQ and paid $12.76 for his TU score.

Did I do something wrong in the ordering process or does FICO like to charge different prices for different people? If it's them, I'm going to call FICO and ask them about their discrepancies and see if I can get the difference refunded or credited to me because Momma don't play that game.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Locking and un-pinning.

Awesome thanks for the info, ordering tonight !

Unless you're going to make a big purchase, you could just use one of the fako sites to get a decent sense of where you're at. If you've got less than clean reports, you'll want to get your actual rep

The CPPSAVINGS code worked for me but the 20% discount off $15.95 came to $12.76 for each TU and EQ FICO score. Then I signed up dh for the free 30-day Scorewatch at $8.95 for EQ and paid $12.76 for his TU score.

Did I do something wrong in the ordering process or does FICO like to charge different prices for different people? If it's them, I'm going to call FICO and ask them about their discrepancies and see if I can get the difference refunded or credited to me because Momma don't play that game.

Again.. you have to follow the directions.

Sorry, I thought I did follow the instructions. I followed the instructions I saw Breeze post. I used her link and entered the code in manually. The direct link posted always followed away from the link she had taken a screen shot of in an earlier post. I read the last pages, the first pages, and many of the others in between. Probably about 15 just in the MyFICO thread but no, I did not read all 88 pages. Other than Breeze's instructions, most of what was posted was "XXXXX code works as of today." I've been reading this board for over a month so I'm sorry if I missed the correct instructions or did something wrong or I'm another newbie you think didn't bother to read anything...again. However, your answer does not help me understand where I went wrong in the least and I'd like to know for future reference. Thanks.

Edited by Toy Lady

First off, thank you wcnghj for posting the discount links for myFICO scores. I have purchased my EQ FICO and it worked great.

Sorry, I thought I did follow the instructions. I followed the instructions I saw Breeze post. I read the last pages, the first pages, and many of the others in between. Probably about 15 just in the MyFICO thread but no, I did not read all 88 pages. Other than Breeze's instructions, most of what was posted was "XXXXX code works as of today." I've been reading this board for over a month so I'm sorry if I missed the correct instructions or did something wrong or I'm another newbie you think didn't bother to read anything...again. However, your answer does not help me understand where I went wrong in the least and I'd like to know for future reference. Thanks.

Toy Lady:

wcnghj was referring to the following instructions he posted on the previous page:

Login to myFICO and click this link for an Equifax ScorePower for $9.28

https://www.myfico.com/Store/Payment.aspx?&...omocode=SW94608

Login to myFICO and click this link for an $11.42 TransUnion FICO :

https://www.myfico.com/Store/Payment.aspx?&...code=CPPSAVINGS

Code CPPSAVINGS works and it you will get the final price of $12.76. If you intended to use the 20% off discount coupon CPPSAVINGS, then yes, you successfully used that coupon. But recently wcnghj posted an even better deal for myFICO scores for which you have to follow his instructions, and that is what we have discussed on the last few pages.

From your post it appears that you expected a lower price than $12.76, which means you probably meant to get the deal posted by wcnghj.

If you are interested in the prices posted by wcnghj (EQ $9.28, TU $11.42) you MUST follow his instructions, and that is:

1. Open myFICO.com

2. Succesfully log into myFICO.com

3. Click on the link in wcnghj's post

4. The page that opens will show the discounted price on myFICO.com - enter your CC info and complete the purchase

DO NOT CALL myFICO about this unofficial deal.

Edited by refskuska

Thank you. I'm copying and pasting to my computer so I have the info for easy access next time. I did do those steps initially but it took forever for me to get it done with three kids constantly wanting my attention. It's possible that I got logged out and forgot to reuse the referral link from CB when I signed back in. I know I had to log in with the link several times but I must've forgot the last time when I purchased. Next time I'll do the process late at night...when everyone's asleep and I get to be left alone for more than five minutes at a time. Appreciate the clarification. :lol:

Thank you. I'm copying and pasting to my computer so I have the info for easy access next time. I did do those steps initially but it took forever for me to get it done with three kids constantly wanting my attention. It's possible that I got logged out and forgot to reuse the referral link from CB when I signed back in. I know I had to log in with the link several times but I must've forgot the last time when I purchased. Next time I'll do the process late at night...when everyone's asleep and I get to be left alone for more than five minutes at a time. Appreciate the clarification. :o

WARNING

Note you must copy the link separately because CB abbreviates displayed links:

https ://www.myfico.com/ Store/Payment.aspx?&...omocode=SW94608

https ://www.myfico.com/ Store/Payment.aspx?&Product=17&promocode=SW94608

(spaces inserted intentionally)

If you copy & paste the whole post you get a copy of the first, abbreviated link and it will NOT work. That is why the instructions say "CLICK" not "COPY & PASTE".

You can copy & paste but it will only work IF you copy it in the correct way and actually get the full correct link.

Edited by refskuska
First off, thank you wcnghj for posting the discount links for myFICO scores. I have purchased my EQ FICO and it worked great.

Sorry, I thought I did follow the instructions. I followed the instructions I saw Breeze post. I read the last pages, the first pages, and many of the others in between. Probably about 15 just in the MyFICO thread but no, I did not read all 88 pages. Other than Breeze's instructions, most of what was posted was "XXXXX code works as of today." I've been reading this board for over a month so I'm sorry if I missed the correct instructions or did something wrong or I'm another newbie you think didn't bother to read anything...again. However, your answer does not help me understand where I went wrong in the least and I'd like to know for future reference. Thanks.

Toy Lady:

wcnghj was referring to the following instructions he posted on the previous page:

Login to myFICO and click this link for an Equifax ScorePower for $9.28

https://www.myfico.com/Store/Payment.aspx?&...omocode=SW94608

Login to myFICO and click this link for an $11.42 TransUnion FICO :

https://www.myfico.com/Store/Payment.aspx?&...code=CPPSAVINGS

Code CPPSAVINGS works and it you will get the final price of $12.76. If you intended to use the 20% off discount coupon CPPSAVINGS, then yes, you successfully used that coupon. But recently wcnghj posted an even better deal for myFICO scores for which you have to follow his instructions, and that is what we have discussed on the last few pages.

From your post it appears that you expected a lower price than $12.76, which means you probably meant to get the deal posted by wcnghj.

If you are interested in the prices posted by wcnghj (EQ $9.28, TU $11.42) you MUST follow his instructions, and that is:

1. Open myFICO.com

2. Succesfully log into myFICO.com

3. Click on the link in wcnghj's post

4. The page that opens will show the discounted price on myFICO.com - enter your CC info and complete the purchase

DO NOT CALL myFICO about this unofficial deal.

I'm in a similar boat, but my HSBC chargeoff is from 05.

I opened an unsecured HSBC toy card and the 2 have never mixed in any way.

I imagine your debt has gone to a CA or at least the CA dept. of HSBC so

there are likely 2 different sets of people working the 2 separate accounts.

Worked like a charmed!!! Thanks

I'm just getting started with cleaning up my credit. I wanted to know if someone could recommend a company that I could join to keep a regular check on my real FICO score. All 3 if possible.

I don't want to join a FACO, and I would like to pull an updated credit report & credit score daily if possible- not the limited new credit report every 3 months.

• Admin

MyFICO is the only place to get your real FICO scores - and you cannot get Experian there - Experian has decided not to allow consumers to purchase their Experian FICO scores - they will only sell you their scores. We have a campaign to freeze our experian reports in retaliation.

I got onto the myfico website and read about its credit monitoring product. Its states that I can get an updated Equifax FICO score weekly and the CR daily.

It states at the bottom that you cannot get the daily monitoring from Transunion.

Is there a website for getting a CR for all 3 CRA daily? If not- will this product help me while I'm on my quest of rebuilding my credit?

Sorry for all the questions, but I really am NEW to all of this. The terminology and many websites is very overwhelming, but I'm trying hard to understand.

I got onto the myfico website and read about its credit monitoring product. Its states that I can get an updated Equifax FICO score weekly and the CR daily.

It states at the bottom that you cannot get the daily monitoring from Transunion.

Is there a website for getting a CR for all 3 CRA daily? If not- will this product help me while I'm on my quest of rebuilding my credit?

Sorry for all the questions, but I really am NEW to all of this. The terminology and many websites is very overwhelming, but I'm trying hard to understand.

No, you cannot get a daily FICO score service. The Equifax ScoreWatch flat out sucks.

I'd recommend credit check total for daily checking of your reports(after the 7 day trial).

Thanks, I looked it up and they allow you to view all 3 CR daily. This is exactly what I was looking for; however, I was disappointed to see that the Credit Score that they give you during the free trial isn't the FICO, but I can get that else where.

• Pam locked and unpinned this topic