Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Official www.myfico.com discount thread

Guest madamewalker

I'd like to go ahead and order them, but I haven't liked the format that I've seen from other CRA's online when they give you a free report. Is the one you order from myfico.com concise and easy to read with the appropriate creditor addresses, etc. for disputing?

Also, is there even an option to order the reports by mail? All the other CRA websites give you the hardest time trying to ferret out where you order by mail ...

Thanks for any advice ... !

not to take anything away from allen but wouldn't such an arrangement be a good way to donate to the board?
The board may have cared at one time, but had a falling out with MYFICO. They had set it up where we had our own personal code to get a 20% discount, but LKH had a animated cartoon in his sig that showed a monkey peeing on FICO (if I remember correctly). Anyway, somone at FICO took offense to this and decided to yank the code from us (no one really cared since we have plenty of codes to go around). Now he has a pic of Bart Simpson in his sig saying "FICO SUCkS". That's probably not the whole story, but you get the gist.

heheh -- you only have to click the submit button one time!

hey if any of you wanna help me out - click this link below to order your reports - it will make me about 1 buck affiliate sales :lol:

http://www.htmlcenter.com/myfico.html

i would appreciate it :lol:

Not to bust your bubble Allen, but isn't this considered SPAM? I know I have had talks with some mods about posting some things like this and they told me that I can't post it in a thread, but posting it in your sig is cool. I'm not mad at ya Allen, but if I can't do it, then neither can you :neener:

(regarding a post about getting credit score direct from Trans Union,etc....)

----------

If you purchased your reports from each cra's website, the score you get from there, unless it specifically says FICO Score, is a fako score and is worthless.

When you go to myfico.com, you can get all 3 with real Fico's for about $32 with a promo code.

Hi all, did as directed, Newbies go here first, saw this quote and was looking for clarification.

I understand the Fako VS Fico idea, however, for clarification

Let's say this scenario happens:

Let's say my Fico is 580, however Trans Union site,etc shows score as a 520

JC Penny pulls a report through Trans Union

Won't they go by the Trans Union 520 score?, meaning 'they will see a 520 for evaluation, or do merchants get the True Fico score?

The reason I'm asking, is that while yes, I do want to know my true Fico score, If a Merchant doesn't use it, but uses a Fako score from EQ/TU whatever, don't I want to know that one?

Still trying to get the conecpt down. Thanks

myfico20 still chugging along. Btw, Equifax, score of 522. Damn, baby. Let's get that up soon. Now to go back and start moving that score up towards 600 for Sallie Mae...

Sascha

It is pretty murky. Some card companies have their own scores, each CRA has their own score. If you're buying a car, it's a different score, mortgage can be different. We usually go by the score from myFICO - it's the best you can get, as a consumer.

(regarding a post about getting credit score direct from Trans Union,etc....)

----------

If you purchased your reports from each cra's website, the score you get from there, unless it specifically says FICO Score, is a fako score and is worthless.

When you go to myfico.com, you can get all 3 with real Fico's for about $32 with a promo code.

Hi all, did as directed, Newbies go here first, saw this quote and was looking for clarification.

I understand the Fako VS Fico idea, however, for clarification

Let's say this scenario happens:

Let's say my Fico is 580, however Trans Union site,etc shows score as a 520

JC Penny pulls a report through Trans Union

Won't they go by the Trans Union 520 score?, meaning 'they will see a 520 for evaluation, or do merchants get the True Fico score?

The reason I'm asking, is that while yes, I do want to know my true Fico score, If a Merchant doesn't use it, but uses a Fako score from EQ/TU whatever, don't I want to know that one?

Still trying to get the conecpt down. Thanks

The MYFICO website updated their price for your FICO score today - 12/19 from $12.95 to $14.95 and the new 20% discount price is $11.96.

Edited by faztcobra