faztcobra

Official www.myfico.com discount thread

THREEBM_SUB_DISCOUNT2 got me a discount of $11.97 off the 3B from $59.85 or $3.99 off each.

This worked for me yesterday

Happy autumn

What about for the monthly service? It didn't seem to work for that.

I may be wrong about this, but I think most people now subscribe to a single month of MyFICO's Ultimate 3B monitoring product, which does not typically work with coupon codes. It gives you the same reports for $30 instead of $60, however, so you'd need a full 50% discount to get the same price.

As of this writing, TopCashback offers $30 back on the subscription - may only apply to the yearly ($330) price. I don't see anywhere that you have to get a yearly subscription, but it would be somewhat unusual to offer a 100% rebate. They also offer $5 back on 'all other purchases', which matches the $5 rebate offered by Ebates.

EDIT: Formatting, grammar

Edited by illusemycreditcard

I don't understand why anyone would pay for this high priced, sh!tty service... except for mortgage scores, maybe.

I don't understand why anyone would pay for this high priced, sh!tty service... except for mortgage scores, maybe.

Agreed - the scores are updated quarterly; you can get them for free from at least some of your credit cards.

well, i need something like this- got rid off all my cards 4 yrs ago due to an ex- it was dumb and i learned my lesson. so, if you have a better solution, im all ears

well, i need something like this- got rid off all my cards 4 yrs ago due to an ex- it was dumb and i learned my lesson. so, if you have a better solution, im all ears

Unless you're going to make a big purchase, you could just use one of the fako sites to get a decent sense of where you're at. If you've got less than clean reports, you'll want to get your actual report from the bureaus - www.annualcreditreport.com

That won't give you the score, but will show you what needs to be worked on.

The Fico 8 score is what most lenders use in considering your application - but if the pre-qualify sites that BOA , Cap1, Citi, Amex - if they suggest a card, odds are you'll be approved. Maybe not the limit you want, but you can work on that with a recon to the underwriter.

Spending money on a Fico score, or any score really, is just letting the marketers win, unless you're trying to make a big purchase. But even then, knowing the score does nothing for you, except maybe give you a hint as to whether or not you should reconsider whether or not you should even apply.

If your score is 750+, heck, you should be lending the banks money.

Less than 650 - you might want to stick with a cash basis, or do some real research on the creditboards database as to what your odds of success are.

The 650-750 crowd - there are so many variables that each lender consider, some with different weights than others; thin file, multiple new accounts, high util%, etc - hard to say what will happen. Ultimately, since inquiries don't count on the Fico 8 after 6 inquiries, you could just go nuts and apply to all of them. (not recommended)

In the end, I would rather have a dollar and a low score than a high score and be broke. Save your money.

Agreed. And I learned it the hard way. If they weren't so overpriced and actually updated (when other free FICO sites do) on a daily basis I would but not for what they charge.

Been very happy with the CCT trial ;)

Get your credit right in utilization, bad marks off, credit mix, and on time payments. If you take care of this your score would be good, and even better with age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get your credit right in utilization, bad marks off, credit mix, and on time payments. If you take care of this your score would be good, and even better with age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great advice but do you have any discount codes for my fico?