Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

I Just Paid The Devil His Due and bought D&B Credit Builder Svc

The last post in this topic was posted 4540 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

lovedoc,

Can you give us an update on what your D&B rep is telling you as to why you aren't seeing any results from ScoreBuilder yet? Of the 20 creditors that you supplied them with, surely they were able to reach some of them within the 3 to 4 calls....

I just replied in the other thread, I will copy and paste it here:

The rep told me it could take 4 to 6 weeks for everything to show up. I bought it not solely for the net 30s though, but for other accounts that I can add, and also I like the idea that I can continue to add accounts for up to one year. I have about a dozen net 30s as you can see from my siggy, so if I just wanted to have a paydex then it would only be a matter of time for at least 4 of them to start showing up. My goal is to have 25 reporting by end of year, I am hoping CB will help get them reported. Try to be a little creative guys, you are entrepeneurs arent you?

My rep at D&B told me I can add my window washer as a refrence as long as he is listed with Dunns. Next week I am planning to add another 10 refrences. You can add ANYONE that you do business with.

Also, they tell me they dont send them a form to verify, but rather its just done over the phone.

I will get an email when they have completed verifying the refrences with a detailed report of whome they contacted and the results

Creative . . . lol . . . where Duns is concerned?

Seriously, hope the information is processed and your report is updated. I still think many of us at one time considered purchasing their services, but have been burned - and the trust factor is gone. Due to their shady and inconsistent business practices, they hold the moniker "creative".

I'm still trying to get them to remove the "no record of business in the state of Texas" entry from my file. Three reps on different occasions have said I must purchase credit builder to get the erroneous statement removed. I've offered to fax my legal documents, but they won't budge, even though I've had the file for 7 years now. I simply updated my file online when our business address changed, and they added the statement. Being snake oil salespersons, I guess this was their underhanded way of trying to force me into buying credit builder.

I just can't fathom paying money to a business organization with their questionable business practices.

It appears you have an inside hookup, so best of luck. I hope that rep never leaves the organization.

I just checked my file and finally got one showing, although not sure if its a result of CB. Its says:

1 Whol electrical equip

I have no clue who that could be, but I'll take it

Grainger or Interstate Batteries

Ok I just checked my file and see 2 more reporting. I am sure these 2 additional ones are a result of CB and I'll tell you why. I checked yesteray and there was only one reporting, I know Dunn updates on Sunday overnight, so these 2 that came in today must have been manually done. One of them appears to be national pen? and the other is a service company, either my window washer or accountant lol. See below:

1 Mfg pen/mech. pencils 1

2 Management consulting 1

3 Whol electrical equip 1

I guess one more to go for the coveted Paydex

Edited by lovedoc

good job, now lets hope that 15 or so are on there next time you check, you would all the sudden have a big file!!

does any of the ones youve added have high usage or limits?

I hope that anyone can help me with this.

I am helping my folks set up a file with D&B and also with Experian as well. They already have an incorporated business for over 15 years and have worked with numerous vendors during that time as well. They have a business phone line that is listed with 411 and in the White Pages along with a business checking account in the name of the corporation. What is the easiest way to set up a D&B number? Also is there any way to add these vendors ( assuming that they report to Dunns) to their file? Also how do you establish with Experian? Do you just call them or go online? Also lastly, they did get an account with Office Depot a few years ago that they have not used so obviously if that account is available they can add that as well.

I read through this thread and heard both sides of the debate on paying for CB or not. I would rather they avoid that cost to D&B but the fact is that they can put together a fairly seasoned file with the vendors that they have worked with over the last 15 to 20 years but in reading thru the thread, no one offered any suggestions on how to add vendors to your file without enlisting Dunns and CreditBuilder. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

I hope that anyone can help me with this.

I am helping my folks set up a file with D&B and also with Experian as well. They already have an incorporated business for over 15 years and have worked with numerous vendors during that time as well. They have a business phone line that is listed with 411 and in the White Pages along with a business checking account in the name of the corporation. What is the easiest way to set up a D&B number? Also is there any way to add these vendors ( assuming that they report to Dunns) to their file? Also how do you establish with Experian? Do you just call them or go online? Also lastly, they did get an account with Office Depot a few years ago that they have not used so obviously if that account is available they can add that as well.

I read through this thread and heard both sides of the debate on paying for CB or not. I would rather they avoid that cost to D&B but the fact is that they can put together a fairly seasoned file with the vendors that they have worked with over the last 15 to 20 years but in reading thru the thread, no one offered any suggestions on how to add vendors to your file without enlisting Dunns and CreditBuilder. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

If any of your parents vendors already reported to D&B and/or Experian they would have had a file auto-created years ago. Until we see any tangible evidence that CreditBuilder will actually cause D&B to report trades and venders who are not already D&B reporters I'd say save your money for CreditBuilder and just start getting some net30 account established.

The good news is that with 15 years of age there should be plenty of accounts that you can secure for them very easily and even get pretty decent limits.

with 15 years in business they must have a dunns number already and a bunch reporting. If not, then those vendors are not auto-reporters.

Thanks again for the fast reply. I looked up their company on Experian and they are already reporting there. How would they find out their Dunns number? Would they just call to ask for it and just tell them that they need the number so that they can apply for grants and gov't contracts?

Thanks again for the fast reply. I looked up their company on Experian and they are already reporting there. How would they find out their Dunns number? Would they just call to ask for it and just tell them that they need the number so that they can apply for grants and gov't contracts?

Look up the company name on DnB website, if there is a number, call and just ask for it. If company not on their website then go to the Gov. website.

well, if a lot of these companies arent reporting anymore then they arent auto reporting and you can add them. Its not like a few years ago when most of us started, these places just arent reporting per the companies credit dept.

so in that case, i think ur wrong..

at this point, i still havent bought cb. I have paydex's. on the other hand, not paying them will usually not get you a full file either.

you can get an employee rating without paying, it will take tl and a lot of time.

times are changing and its not as easy to build a file anymore. if you need a file and dont want to wait a year to get things reported, it may be worth buying for some.

like it or not, things have changed.

and i think you can do fine without a dnb file at all. if one has good scores, then no need. just get everything from ur bank.. only really small biz need all these citi store cards etc.. most here dont need them, hey are just obsessed with credit for some reason, or they blew their personal and now trying to get more credit.

Well I assume that various trade credit and net 30's get reported quickly and easily using the service, how about business cc and bloc? Will they show up in a few weeks?

I ask as that seems to be the actual complaint that I am hearing, is that those lines don't get reported quickly if you use the paid service or not.

Is this false?

Edited by ouchthatburns

Interesting thread and just wanted to weigh in on my personal experience with D&B. I have been around Creditboards for a while and some (lostartworks,onmyway,etc)might remember some of my post in my early days here. I started a corp biz in 7/04 and purchased credit builder against other members advice. I must admit early on I thought it was the best business decision for me at the time. Built an 80 paydex in about 2 months with 7 tls reporting. Everything seemed smooth and I must say I was feeling like the other members here that had nothing good to say about D&B were just misinformed. I even got flamed by a couple. I thought to myself who cares what they think I am on my way! well I was wrong! So fast forward 2 weeks and I get call to buy another product "selfmonitor" I kindly declined. Around a week later I get a call from another D&B sales rep asking me to verify some business credit data, address, employees etc. I went to eupdate to do this and my password wouldn't work so I called and they said I was "locked out" my company data was not accurate. D&B went as far as to completely destroy my file with there own unfounded information. They coudn't find my biz address on file so they made up one. My file went to high risk status and I lost paydex and access to eupdate in just a matter of days. I spent hours on the phone over the next week trying to convince them that there info was inaccurate and that I could verify all my data. I even reminded them that I was a "creditbuilder" customer but they kept shooting holes in everything document of proof I submitted. Eventually I just got too tired to pursue the matter anymore. D&B can and will do that to you just wear you out. Alright fast forward ahead a couple months I decided to start a 2nd corp biz in around mid/05. I was determined not even to take as much as a phone call from D&B. I applied for the government duns and got it in 2 days. I literally built an 80 paydex file with them in under 30 days with not one cent paid or one phone call made. I have never had a problem with the second biz. I firmly believe I had no trouble because I never emailed them or took a phone call from them or paid one red cent to them, the less contact with D&B the better. I have nothing good to say about them personally, I would love to see them go belly up. Remember this is my personal experience and only my opinion. Not trying to give advice just want others to know it could happen to them too. Good luck to the OP.

Interesting thread and just wanted to weigh in on my personal experience with D&B. I have been around Creditboards for a while and some (lostartworks,onmyway,etc)might remember some of my post in my early days here. I started a corp biz in 7/04 and purchased credit builder against other members advice. I must admit early on I thought it was the best business decision for me at the time. Built an 80 paydex in about 2 months with 7 tls reporting. Everything seemed smooth and I must say I was feeling like the other members here that had nothing good to say about D&B were just misinformed. I even got flamed by a couple. I thought to myself who cares what they think I am on my way! well I was wrong! So fast forward 2 weeks and I get call to buy another product "selfmonitor" I kindly declined. Around a week later I get a call from another D&B sales rep asking me to verify some business credit data, address, employees etc. I went to eupdate to do this and my password wouldn't work so I called and they said I was "locked out" my company data was not accurate. D&B went as far as to completely destroy my file with there own unfounded information. They coudn't find my biz address on file so they made up one. My file went to high risk status and I lost paydex and access to eupdate in just a matter of days. I spent hours on the phone over the next week trying to convince them that there info was inaccurate and that I could verify all my data. I even reminded them that I was a "creditbuilder" customer but they kept shooting holes in everything document of proof I submitted. Eventually I just got too tired to pursue the matter anymore. D&B can and will do that to you just wear you out. Alright fast forward ahead a couple months I decided to start a 2nd corp biz in around mid/05. I was determined not even to take as much as a phone call from D&B. I applied for the government duns and got it in 2 days. I literally built an 80 paydex file with them in under 30 days with not one cent paid or one phone call made. I have never had a problem with the second biz. I firmly believe I had no trouble because I never emailed them or took a phone call from them or paid one red cent to them, the less contact with D&B the better. I have nothing good to say about them personally, I would love to see them go belly up. Remember this is my personal experience and only my opinion. Not trying to give advice just want others to know it could happen to them too. Good luck to the OP.

I don't even return their calls! :lol:

I can hear VINNY in the background now, "why won't this guy call us back GWEDO". I really don't care what some think here about DnB locking my file. I will keep ignoring them.

If I have something really big I want reported then maybe I'd buy it, but not for crappy little lines. I know have 3 reporting in 2 1/2 months. I think my other accounts will start rolling in shortly.

Edited by lovecreditcrunch

lovedoc what's the latest?

Status is fine. See my sig.

Now if I can only get Dell I will be good for the rest of the year until I'm ready for key and hdmc ;)

Now if I can only get Dell I will be good for the rest of the year until I'm ready for key and hdmc :lol:

I see your stats.... I meant what is actually reporting to D&B?

Now if I can only get Dell I will be good for the rest of the year until I'm ready for key and hdmc :rofl:

I see your stats.... I meant what is actually reporting to D&B?

As of today I have 6 reporting to dunns

2 say "professonal services" with unknown lines

so I assume its my lawyer and acct. I called them and they are still in the process of verifying all the accounts I sent them, so I guess they keep trying until they reach someone.

There is another one that says "pens" so I assume its national pen.

Hi I am new to the forums and interning at a startup trying to work on their credit problems.

Basically our CEOs personal credit has been holding us back from securing business credit, and we are looking to build the business credit without using his personal name.

The Creditbuilder option seems like it would be a great way for us to establish credit, but it seems this is heavily debated. To all of those who flame the Creditbuilder option, what other way could we go about building our business credit fast, I think we are very close to buying the D&b credit builder because we have already been denied by a few banks and need to start somewhere.

Know its a beginner question but any help would be appreciated.

Also Boelen, I can't message you but I am interested in your contact at D&B. Thanks

Well, just to update everyone since its been a while and I see it was brought up recently. I have 7 showing on my D and B report as of today. Was CB worth it? I am not sure

How many of the 7 were a result of CB? I dont know and probably never will.

So Theres the answer in a nutshell.

I paid $610.00 for CB last year. But the good thing is, I have 12 months to continue to add any creditors to the list because I bought the deluxe version.

But I will say, in 6 months of a new corp I did do pretty well so far, see me siggy

Hello everyone,

I am happy I have more time in my hands and the ability to cruise thru this great forum again which I have not done in over 1 year.

I just want to share my humble opinion which is the fact that we are all adults that probably don't need the repetitive remarks either for or against any given topic.

I for one, appreciate the knowledge that the senior members share, the raw data, the unselfish advice. On the other hand, I am not particularly crazy about reading over and over again "I'm for it" or "I'm against". Is it feasible to just voice the remark once and then allow the readers and members to make their own mind based on their particular circumstances, goals, desire of investing more or less time on a particular task, and ultimately the decision of parting or not with THEIR hard earned cash?

Love kudos to you for having the guts of sharing your experience against the tide, your display of character moved me. Bo and Dizy your ability of expressing your opinions without feeling opressed or intimidated is refreshing.

Just my .02 cents ..... keeping my toes crossed and hoping I don't get crucified now ... I don't make a good marthir .... if in doubt ask my ex wife. LOL

Edited by lucianovidigal

The last post in this topic was posted 4540 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.