Sign in to follow this  
LUKE2447

Who is the best/cheapest Credit Service Merchant...

Thanks for any suggestions.

Not always the cheapest but I have found local Banks seem to work best for us. As in Customer service and tech support etc works great. Nothing like having lines of folks willing and wanting to buy items from you. Only to have the machines go down . It's worth knowing you can call and have tech walk you through it or send a tech over super fast :lol:

If I can offer one piece of advice about getting a merchant account, be VERY CAREFUL if you are getting a physical machine to process cards. Many processors offer to "rent" you credit card machines for a monthly rate but you are signing into a NON-CANCELLABLE CONTRACT which will screw you over for years. DO NOT sign documents that are not filled out, if they come to your location and tell you to sign things they will have filled out then fax you back a copy you are risking getting into a contract you cannot break without a lot of paperwork and court time.

If you do need a machine, BUY ONE, they are usually $250-$350 and work fine for years. If your merchant will not allow you to get an account withou renting a machine be EXTREMELY CAREFUL as most of them are doing this contract thing and will sue you or ruin your personal or business credit if you stop paying as they often use arbitration to get around a court trial.

I've been using Nova Merchant Services for 8yrs now and was satisfied until they increased discount rates. I saw in their monthly magazaine that Costco offers lower rates through these guys as well but with better rates. Haven't switched over yet but rates are better for through Costco than going to them direct.

As was mentioned above if you opt for a terminal, they will let you lease it out without giving you an option to purchase it. You'll have ot keep on top of the terms of your lease because the leasing company will not notify you that the lease is up and they will keep charging you until you call in. At least that's what ours did.

If you're a more mail order/internet type of biz, you can get online processing. The only down fall to those is if their site is ever having problems or you're having internet problems you'll have to wait to be able to process your card. These are great though if you have a website via which payments are made.

As was mentioned above if you opt for a terminal, they will let you lease it out without giving you an option to purchase it. You'll have ot keep on top of the terms of your lease because the leasing company will not notify you that the lease is up and they will keep charging you until you call in. At least that's what ours did.

I have to stress here that there are companies that sign you into a NON-CANCELLABLE contract, calling in will not end it. You might have had one that was easy to end with a phone call but some companies, Golden Eagle and a few others will not let you out and will tell you that you must BUY the machine for as much as a thousand dollars over what you were paying per month. Others will not let you out AT ALL and will sue you and end it with arbitration which means you dont have legal recourse.

I have to stress here that there are companies that sign you into a NON-CANCELLABLE contract,

YES, many CCM accts do thry this. However I have to stress here that in nearly every single state such a Contract would be illegal, unenforceable in Court. For contracts of service to be valid they MUST have an "out clause", i.e. a Cancelation Clause for them to pass the legality test. Any service contract that doesn't have such will be ruled Invalid by Civil Court. I cann assure you this is the case as my sister is a Corp atty whose speciality for 25 years now has been Contract Law.

Here is what I am wanting to do. According to everywhere I have tried I will have to pay the % of 1.5 or whatever everytime the machine is used EVEN if the item is returned. Is there anyone that does not have this clause on returned items etc...

DW just installed a rented one last month. She dealt with the bank that handles her biz checking here in PA. She ended up with a terminal from First Data. They are the ones that Sams Club pushes too. I didn't ask her what the first bill was, but it couldn't have been too bad because she's not complaining, but is saying that she's getting more counseling clients since she offers that payment method.

SCM

whatever you do.. do NOT go thru LADCO!!! they are a nightmare.

i go thru card service international now for years and have been happy.

whatever you do.. do NOT go thru LADCO!!! they are a nightmare.

i go thru card service international now for years and have been happy.

that's who we had until yesterday when Sam's Club reps set us up. CSI was charging us $100 per month and with us being new to business, we rushed into the deal.

personally, i don't have any problem with CSI, there service was good and if you can get better terms with them, they are definitely easy to deal with.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I just signed up for QuickBook Merchant services. I thought their prices were pretty competitive. It helps that I can integrate my merchant account with the quickbooks accounting software too. You should check them out. They're at quickbooksmerchantservice.com.