Lost about $200K in CC's on Saturday

squirrelgirl

The last post in this topic was posted 5179 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about that. I try to carry as few cards on me as possible in case something like this happens. The pickpockets are out in full force.

OT, what's a Junami?

I normally don't have so many cards on me, but I was doing some Christmas shopping and had pulled some cards out of the SD that I hadn't used in about 6 months...

(Hey Shawnee... you missed Junami?!? - there is a 315 page thread about it :wave: - I'll find it for you)

I saw that thread but wasn't quite up to reading 300+ pages! :(

Edited by Shawnee

Sorry about that. I try to carry as few cards on me as possible in case something like this happens. The pickpockets are out in full force.

OT, what's a Junami?

I have been carrying just one card with me of late. It's my emergency card. In other words, I am out and about and have no intention of spending money. But, if I have some emergency come up, I'll have a card. I take my lowest-limit card with me during the day. Every other card stays at home.

SG's situation was a bit different in that she was actually shopping and had a need for more than a dinky limit. I guess this is one of the downsides to having cards with $50K limits each. Take four cards with you and suddenly we're talking real spending power.

SG, the closed cards will retain your history. The new cards will assume the history of the closed cards. You'll be fine.

so sorry to hear about your unfortunate Saturday evening, SG.

but like the saying says, what goes around, comes around and the person or persons who stole your purse will get what they deserve in the end. Karma is real.

as for your car needing to be re-keyed, doesn't your car insurance have a clause in there somewhere about it being covered in cases of theft? I think ours does that's what made me think you should double check just in case.

I hope all your replacement cards come swiftly.

so sorry to hear about your unfortunate Saturday evening, SG.

but like the saying says, what goes around, comes around and the person or persons who stole your purse will get what they deserve in the end. Karma is real.

as for your car needing to be re-keyed, doesn't your car insurance have a clause in there somewhere about it being covered in cases of theft? I think ours does that's what made me think you should double check just in case.

I hope all your replacement cards come swiftly.

I've had a car stolen before... I don't remember any clause about that. I do have lojack, so if someone does steal my car, chances are they will be caught.

I have REALLY bad luck.

OT, what's a Junami?

I have been carrying just one card with me of late. It's my emergency card. In other words, I am out and about and have no intention of spending money. But, if I have some emergency come up, I'll have a card. I take my lowest-limit card with me during the day. Every other card stays at home.

SG's situation was a bit different in that she was actually shopping and had a need for more than a dinky limit. I guess this is one of the downsides to having cards with $50K limits each. Take four cards with you and suddenly we're talking real spending power.

SG, the closed cards will retain your history. The new cards will assume the history of the closed cards. You'll be fine.

I'm carrying three now, Citi Dividend, Chase biz, and BofA WorldPoints Visa. The combined limits are $42k. Those cover any situation that may come up.

I'm down to a total of 13 cards now so I don't really have to do the SD thing. Ten cards aren't used much and those are easy to cycle at least once every six months. It was a headache when I had 31 accounts.

OMG, Im sorry to hear what happened SG. Man after that happened to me a month ago, i was so upset as well. I now only carry one card with me at all times. And stopped carrying my ATM card period. I would make sure to keep that police report no. just in case they decide to use you license. Anyways, GL and I hope all works out.

Please everyone beaware that its the holiday season and its the season for pickpockets and other theives!!!

OT, what's a Junami?

I'm carrying three now, Citi Dividend, Chase biz, and BofA WorldPoints Visa. The combined limits are $42k. Those cover any situation that may come up.

I'm down to a total of 13 cards now so I don't really have to do the SD thing. Ten cards aren't used much and those are easy to cycle at least once every six months. It was a headache when I had 31 accounts.

I have about 20 cards total IIRC. I had a few in my SD (2 cards that I am AU on, and a few Citi cards that I want to combine eventually, and my ML+ card).

I am also culling cards, but not until I get a bit more of my BT paid down, and for sure not until my refi goes through.

OT, what's a Junami?

I have about 20 cards total IIRC. I had a few in my SD (2 cards that I am AU on, and a few Citi cards that I want to combine eventually, and my ML+ card).

I am also culling cards, but not until I get a bit more of my BT paid down, and for sure not until my refi goes through.

Citi forced my hand when they chopped $37k in limits. I closed three of my Citi cards and moved the limits over to the remaining open cards.

OT, what's a Junami?

Citi forced my hand when they chopped $37k in limits. I closed three of my Citi cards and moved the limits over to the remaining open cards.

Huh??!?! Citi gave you CLDs??! When did this happen??

I am so so sorry this happened to you.

My car was broken into about 2 months ago, and they got everything.

I am talking about EVERYTHING, I was moving and had important docs with me, ss cards, credit report, etc.

It worked out in the end, the police were able to recover my wallet and ss cards and docs, so I got everything back but it was a huge mess.

My new lines have started reporting, they all have the old history.

A couple of them have the stolen/closed accounts on as well as new accounts. They both have the same history, but it is just reporting twice.

Some of the other ones deleted the old account when the new accont was posted.

You will make it through this. Hopefully they didn't charge anything, but even if they did, you are covered.

Good luck, and keep us updated.

A few months ago. Got a letter saying "we periodically review our accounts" yada yada. Net result was being chopped from $107k to $70k. There was nothing to trigger it, my balances/utilization had not gone up and my scores were as high as they had ever been. I think they finally realized that I had just about 100% of my annual reported income in lines on their cards. Still, they've been the best card company in terms of customer service and those CLDs didn't really hurt me so I didn't put up any resistance.

. anyone know how much it costs to rekey a car??

If I lost both KEY FOBS (they aren't keys, just hunks of plastic) to my Saab the dealer told me it would be over $1,100 to reprogram the car and it'd have to be towed in. Scary!

Hope you just have a traditional key!

Anyways... keep us updated and best of luck in this terrible situation :rolleyes:

A few months ago. Got a letter saying "we periodically review our accounts" yada yada. Net result was being chopped from $107k to $70k. There was nothing to trigger it, my balances/utilization had not gone up and my scores were as high as they had ever been. I think they finally realized that I had just about 100% of my annual reported income in lines on their cards. Still, they've been the best card company in terms of customer service and those CLDs didn't really hurt me so I didn't put up any resistance.

Wow... I don't have that much exposure with Citi, sorry that happened to you. When I called Citi, they *did* say, pending review new cards would be issued. Guess they could choose to chop my limits.

The last post in this topic was posted 5179 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.