Sign in to follow this  
breeze

Solicitations and advertising

We do not allow solicitation or advertising on any forum on creditboards, including the business forum.

If you are a regular member who posts on a consistent basis about all different topics, then, in one or two posts, mention the name of a company you have dealt with personally and feel you can recommend to other CB'ers, you are welcome to do that.

Even if you have been a member for a long time, if 8 out of 10 of your posts are nothing but "go to this site" and "PM me" or "email me for info," those posts will be considered solicitations and will be removed. If you have free info available, please post it for everyone's benefit. Don't just offer it to one person in private, please. It looks like solicitation even if it isn't intended that way.

Whether or not a post is solicitation is at our sole discretion as site admin and mods.

If you are a professional in this particular area, you are welcome to post here - we value your input. Keep in mind that no active solicitation is permitted. If a member chooses to contact you privately, that is beyond our control, but if that contact breaks out onto the open board, it will be treated as a solicitation.

We apologize if this hurts anyone's feelings, but if we allow blatant, or even semi-blatant advertising on our boards, soon there would be nothing but advertising here.

We do not allow solicitation or advertising on any forum on creditboards, including the business forum.

If you are a regular member who posts on a consistent basis about all different topics, then, in one or two posts, mention the name of a company you have dealt with personally and feel you can recommend to other CB'ers, you are welcome to do that.

Even if you have been a member for a long time, if 8 out of 10 of your posts are nothing but "go to this site" and "PM me" or "email me for info," those posts will be considered solicitations and will be removed. If you have free info available, please post it for everyone's benefit. Don't just offer it to one person in private, please. It looks like solicitation even if it isn't intended that way.

Whether or not a post is solicitation is at our sole discretion as site admin and mods.

If you are a professional in this particular area, you are welcome to post here - we value your input. Keep in mind that no active solicitation is permitted. If a member chooses to contact you privately, that is beyond our control, but if that contact breaks out onto the open board, it will be treated as a solicitation.

We apologize if this hurts anyone's feelings, but if we allow blatant, or even semi-blatant advertising on our boards, soon there would be nothing but advertising here.

Oops ... I am really sincerely sorry. I did not do it with intent to advertise or solicit. I just wanted to help. I thought it was okay because I have read information here that have actually referred me to other boards, but I guess I did it inappropriately. I promise I will not do it again. What would be a good way of sharing free information without soliciting or advertising?

How about copying and pasting or just rewording the info in your own words?

How about copying and pasting or just rewording the info in your own words?

That's a great idea ... that is what I am going to do from now on. Thank you. :D

AAACREDIT I inadvertantly posted a response that leaned towards a form of solicitation I think it may have been another board. Totaly innocent and absolutely no solicitation intended, but still the same it was taken that way. I felt absolutely horrible about that, and find now half way through responding to a general question posted by someone, I end up deleting it because I am afraid of comming accross as some sort of solicitation :)

I'm a MOrtgage Professional, but by no means a rocket scientist, and sometimes my wording comes accross all wrong so I must try to remain absolutley silent unless I know exactly what I am trying to say while policing my words :)

Jennifer, you've been here almost a month, you've participated in a lot of different threads, on a lot of different subjects, and if you want to post, you really don't have a lot to worry about when it comes to having someone take it wrong.

The reason we're so careful is that our board has grown very quickly, and gotten a lot of publicity. We get about 20 new members a day, and we have several reporters here researching credit-related information.

So, we're a target for anyone who is looking for customers. If we allowed their solicitations on the board it would ruin it for our members. If you've been on the net a while, you know how disruptive those kinds of posts can be. A lot of our members have posted on other boards their appreciation for the fact that we keep the board clear of those kinds of activities.

However, someone who has been an active member, and has shown that their intention is not just to solicit business, is handled a bit differently. In AAA's case, he had been a member for a long time, but had not posted anything, prior to the posts that referred people to another credit website. We do get that too - people proselyting members from one board to another board.

We maintain friendly relationships with almost every other credit message board on the internet. There are few whose practices (or whatever) we take issue with, and generally references to those boards will be deleted, and a note sent to the OP explaining what it is that we take issue with.

When another board wants to establish a relationship with our board, and vice versa. the normal procedure is that they contact admin here, and ask if they can exchange links with us. We list them in our "other sites" forum. Occasionally a member posts another board link - we usually check those out, and contact them and ask if they would like to exchange links. If it is a commercial site we are pretty careful that they are not taking advantage of consumers, or advertising products that take advantage of consumers.

As far as advertising your own services, members who have credit-related businesses are permitted to do so in their signatures, but not to post solicitations on the board such as "call me" or "email me." If you have questions about what to do or not do on the mortgage board, contact fla-tan. I know he would be happy to help you get comfortable there. We DO want mortgage professionals posting on our mortgage board.

We have been discovered by a group that apparently thinks we are salamanders. They are spamming our board by pretending to join to get information and then "discovering" a wonderful company/website/whatever that will give you EVERYTHING - no holds barred. Slight fee, described in various terms. If you see a post from a newb that firs this description, hit the button. You don't get in trouble for hitting the button (just don't use it for fighting each other, hehe). If the newbie fits the profile, their posts will be put on admin preview (also referred to as lavender), and no one but admin will be able to read them.

p_report.gif

We have wonderful managment tools now, let us use them. <_<

Love,

mama breeze

Breeze,

I do own several small business not yet take the credit plunge yet because of trying to deal with the personal first but I am stuck on deciding whether to LLC or INC or to get a shell.

But I love passing on information.

But what I am not clear is if I see something good on another website - can I mention the website or should i jsut said pm for the information and I will pass it on.

I understand and have seen firsthand on some folks getting their post deleted and I did have one flagged for mentioning a website because it have a number in it and I could understand it could made me look like affliate. So I try my best to list website with the name only.

Also can one buy an ad banner on creditboard to promote their business?

Thanks and I am very grateful for CBs!!! :wave:

Duane bka DEAF CEO :angry:

SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT! :glare:

Sorry, I completely missed this.

If the site you want to post about is a news or information site, where you do not have to pay for anything, you can post it without checking with admin.

If it contains referral numbers (like credit card lists) or pay for services, like the sites that claim to sell seasoned credit, then send the link to admin for approval. Some of these are known scams, and we don't want to appear to be promoting them.

If it's standard stuff on CB, and it's been linked all over, no issues.

What we're trying to avoid is scammers, spammers, and malicious links, if that helps.

One of the problems we've come up against is the folks that advertise on googie: they look at their site referrers and see a hundred hits in one day from creditboards via googie - so they come here, register, and try to talk about their product, without paying google for the ads any longer. That's just counterproductive for us and google. I don't think anyone who owns a site that uses adsense would go along with that kind of behavior. Would you?

If they participated in other ways, it would be different. We tried it - didn't work out that way.

Anyone can use the "advertise on this site" adsense link that runs here. It signs you up for google adsense, and limits your ads to creditboards.

You can advertise for free in you signature, if you are an established member here, who is already participating in at least one of the forums.

We will stop someone who signs up, puts an ad or link to their business in their sig on day one, and posts nothing but "attaboys" and "great work" and chitchat in general forum, but otherwise does not contribute. They just get their signature cut off. :huh: They usually go away when they can't advertise any longer.

If I were you, and wanted to advertise my business, I would use the signature link first, and see how well it worked out.

Business forum members can promote anything or link to any site in the yahoo group. It is very freewheeling, and just about completely unmoderated in that respect. You will get lots of questions if you post about your business in there - we don't moderate those either. Of course, when I was in sales, questions meant someone was interested, even if they came across as negative. :blink:

Rule of thumb: if you're not sure about posting a link, email it to admin and ask first.

Breeze,

Will you please PM/email me regarding advertising on creditboards.com?

Kind Regards,

Devin

You can email admin at creditboards.com. However, we don't run our own advertising program. The easiest way to advertise here is to sign up for google adsense, and select creditboards from the adsense panel.

edited to add: devin, I just looked at your profile and realized who you are. We get your messages - over and over. We looked at your ads, and we answered you a couple of times. After that we stopped responding. We do not want to advertise those businesses. We'll let you know if we ever change our minds.

Hello Breeze,

I have been on Creditboards since 2007. I have seen a lot of changes and people come and go. I honestly have had people to email or message me because in their posts they have sensitive information; cities where their corporation/LLC is domicilied or personal info that should not be available to the general public. I instruct them to either change up or don't put the info. I don't want to post any information that is incomplete or wrong and someone reads the post or parts of it and tries and fails, so I have the person who posted the original post e-mail or message me. however, if this is in violation I will immediately cease and post for everyone to see.

Thank You

D. Conawa.

Edited by dconawa