Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Whats the max limit for a USAA card?

The last post in this topic was posted 4766 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

One member has a $69K card.

Currently have 2 USAA cards MC and AMEX, would like to combine to the single MC for the better apr rate. Anyone know if there is a cap on any single card?

USAA wont combine or split accross different products (MC to Amex). They'll only do it for like products (ie: MC to MC).

HTH

--Jason

USAA wont combine or split accross different products (MC to Amex). They'll only do it for like products (ie: MC to MC).

HTH

--Jason

not so in my case, I originally had a USAA 25K MC and 25K AMEX, I wanted a visa so they allocated 15K of my USAA AMEX limit to the new visa but ended up combing the visa to my MC for a limit of 40K,just hit the luv button on AMEX and now back up to 25K,but because of the high apr was considering at some point down the road moving AMEX limit to MC for total of 65K but didn't want to raise flags.

A very negative response resulted from my request to combine my 40K and 30K cards. I'm not military, therefore not a "true" member. Not tempted at this time to make that request again...

A very negative response resulted from my request to combine my 40K and 30K cards. I'm not military, therefore not a "true" member. Not tempted at this time to make that request again...

Mine didn't go so hot (the first time) either:

http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?s...801&hl=USAA

Yeah, I remember your experience. But you have the USAA military affiliation, and as we know they place high value on those members. They're not willing to be "put out" with non military.

Edited by TrevorHere

Yeah, I remember your experience. But you have the USAA military affiliation, and as we know they place high value on those members. They're not willing to be "put out" with non military.

Joe is not military, is he?

Not sure. Though IIRC he combined weeks before I attempted mine.

Hey All :blink:

1- No I am not military

2- It's actually 70K not 75K

3- Many may remember all the situatiions I had with USAA which in the end lead me to 1 Amex @ 70K.

Hey All :lol:

1- No I am not military

3- Many may remember all the situatiions I had with USAA which in the end lead me to 1 Amex @ 70K.

Hey Joe!

Re-reading my old thread, I saw it was 70, I was too lazy to change the post though :lol:

Hey All :lol:

1- No I am not military

Hey Joe!

Re-reading my old thread, I saw it was 70, I was too lazy to change the post though :rofl:

I was hoping that eventually miltary would receive rewards. I'm significantly less optimistic that will ever happen. As a result I also do not keep much savings with USAA. So, they really have no motive to keep me happy. If and until rewards ever happen, I have no motivation to combine, use or do anything with my USAA cards. I'm just ridin' for now :lol:

Edited by TrevorHere

I was hopeing eventually miltary would receive rewards. I'm significantly less optimistic that will ever happen. As a result I also do not keep much savings with USAA. So, they really have no motive to keep me happy. If and until rewards ever happen, I have no motivation to combine, use or do anything with my USAA cards. I'm just ridin' for now :lol:

I don't keep much in savings there either. I do have an IRA/MM acct there, as well as a coverdell and 529 for Ariel though.

ETA - most of DD's money is there in regular savings though.

Edited by squirrelgirl

I was hopeing eventually miltary would receive rewards. I'm significantly less optimistic that will ever happen. As a result I also do not keep much savings with USAA. So, they really have no motive to keep me happy. If and until rewards ever happen, I have no motivation to combine, use or do anything with my USAA cards. I'm just ridin' for now :lol:

I don't keep much in savings there either. I do have an IRA/MM acct there, as well as a coverdell and 529 for Ariel though.

ETA - most of DD's money is there in regular savings though.

I keep about 1K in there as they are my main source for getting money from ATM's as they pay back fees. No need to have to look for a specific bank.

Other then that my Amex gets used very little, maybe once every other month.

The last post in this topic was posted 4766 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.