Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

Junipers On A Hit Parade

The last post in this topic was posted 4717 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I have had my Carnival card 16 months now never late or over the limit.Had a credit limit of $11,000 today I log in and they cut the limit to $2000.I have a balance of $1800 now the card looks maxed out.

I called Juniper to see why the rep told me to many Inqs.I lost my cool and told him where to stick the card .I also have the US air so I guess they will be hitting that card soon.

I have had my Carnival card 16 months now never late or over the limit.Had a credit limit of $11,000 today I log in and they cut the limit to $2000.I have a balance of $1800 now the card looks maxed out.

I called Juniper to see why the rep told me to many Inqs.I lost my cool and told him where to stick the card .I also have the US air so I guess they will be hitting that card soon.

I don't use my Juniper cards much. I may use them next year after my new accounts have aged. I figure with no balances, Juniper probably doesn't much care about cutting my limits. It seems they've been going after people recently because of balances. Just another reason to not use my cards right now.

this is wild I get an email alert from Juniper today, offered me a special on BT said I need to do it by 11/8/2007. Very funny people

If you get a CLD just above your balance, chances are that's their way of being nice before they close you out. The trend is, as soon as you pay off your balance they close out the account.

I don't use my Juniper cards much. I may use them next year after my new accounts have aged. I figure with no balances, Juniper probably doesn't much care about cutting my limits. It seems they've been going after people recently because of balances. Just another reason to not use my cards right now.

I've decided to use my card for all transactions for the next two months. See if they suck enough to close my account in time for Christmas. B)

sorry to hear, I could have been in the same boat I applied for 2 cards during the Juniper fiasco a few weeks back,after seeing all the backlash I'm starting to feel a little better about getting that "sufficient credit with Juniper" message. I would hate to have gotten a nice limit then stripped a week later or even worse close all my current accounts as well. :huh:

sorry to hear, I could have been in the same boat I applied for 2 cards during the Juniper fiasco a few weeks back,after seeing all the backlash I'm starting to feel a little better about getting that "sufficient credit with Juniper" message. I would hate to have gotten a nice limit then stripped a week later or even worse close all my current accounts as well. :lol:

I got the same reason for denial and then they cut my limits on both cards to 1k. I closed them myself.

Marcus - I had zero balance on either card when they pulled their crap with me. I have never carried a balance on either card with them.

sorry to hear, I could have been in the same boat I applied for 2 cards during the Juniper fiasco a few weeks back,after seeing all the backlash I'm starting to feel a little better about getting that "sufficient credit with Juniper" message. I would hate to have gotten a nice limit then stripped a week later or even worse close all my current accounts as well. ;)

I got the same reason for denial and then they cut my limits on both cards to 1k. I closed them myself.

Marcus - I had zero balance on either card when they pulled their crap with me. I have never carried a balance on either card with them.

Also..om my original AA - juny closed me when BT ended, and zero bal was on card..I thought maybe if I had maintained a bal, maybe they would have left the card open

sorry to hear, I could have been in the same boat I applied for 2 cards during the Juniper fiasco a few weeks back,after seeing all the backlash I'm starting to feel a little better about getting that "sufficient credit with Juniper" message. I would hate to have gotten a nice limit then stripped a week later or even worse close all my current accounts as well. ;)

El Capitan, good to know. I've been lucky. Probably nothing more than that. I can't trust them, so I don't use the cards much. I'll let the utilization ratio work to my advantage, though.

You know, it's wierd... Juniper is on a rampage, but what's worse is, their CLD's and closures seem irratic and without warning...

I mean, they attack credit accounts with negative actions that affect their customer's credit scores, affecting them in a negative way, but what's worse is that unless you are watching your account carefully, you'd probably get declined, or be carrying a maxed out limit on your credit report, or worse yet, probably pay over the limit charges for your card based on their sudden credit limit decreases or closures (which drops your limit to $0, regardless of your balance...) In fact, when they close, alot of accounts will read as small balances, maybe say less than $100 which would be okay the day before, but are suddenly in danger of becoming delinquent accounts...

I've had mixed feelings about how to attack these adverse actions by Juniper... At first I thought that I would work on my credit for a few months, don't get any new inquiries and let my inquiries and new accounts age and then try reopening my Juniper accounts in order to turn those suddenly closed small credit lines into more positive lines on my reports.

But more and more, especially with their closure of my last account, they are creating a general impression of irratic paranoia around their accounts... It's like a "wild one night fling" turned bad the day after... It sends a message of "CRAZY"... Avoid a realtionship at all cost... Unpredictability, unreliability, instability is not a good way to position your company in a market of new customers, in a market like credit where actions have a direct impact on *credit score*, something that is supposed to demonstrate a person's reliability to potential creditors... Maybe some people have had better experiences with Juniper, but "wreckless" is not a characteristic that I look forward to in a creditor.

In their defense though, they did run into a computer error and they are in damage control mode... At least, if they are reporting accounts closed by applicant or closed due to inactivity, they are trying to do as little damage as possible to these AA accounts...

At least, if they are reporting accounts closed by applicant or closed due to inactivity, they are trying to do as little damage as possible to these AA accounts...

got a big fat closed by grantor reporting for my seamiles. i'll never fool with barclay's again, ever.

our limits are still going strong. I put over 3K on my new card and the statement cut a few days ago and I PIF. repeat.

I just noticed that the card has expired. <_<

our limits are still going strong. I put over 3K on my new card and the statement cut a few days ago and I PIF. repeat.

I just noticed that the card has expired. <_<

fingers crossed...

That bank wins the unpredictable award for sure.

After chopping the limit on my Iceland Air card from over 17K to $850, they raised the limit on my US Air by $600. <_<

I never had them so I don't want to judge but some people have told me that they are subprime.

40K and 36K and 31K are subprime????

36K CL with 1.4% cashback is subprime????

not even close.

I am only the messenger that what I heard. I never had them before and probably will never have them in the future with all the stuff I am reading here about them.

I never had them so I don't want to judge but some people have told me that they are subprime.

40K and 36K and 31K are subprime????

36K CL with 1.4% cashback is subprime????

not even close.

They may not be subprime in your opinion and that's fine. But in my opinion, after the way they treated me, they are below subprime.

The last post in this topic was posted 4717 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.