Sign in to follow this  
roxy

Step by step help please....

Would Aim Mail be good for business start ups? I have read and researched and I am getting mixed opinion about using the mail center for my business. Any advice?

Not sure what they are but you don't want to use a UPS store or anything like that.. The virtual addresses are iffy at best. If you can find one that doesn't show up so much on google then you should be ok. But ones like Regus just have so many people in location it sticks out as a virtual office.

The best thing to do is use your actual address and like I always say you want a real land line for your business so you would need to use the real address so the addresses match up.

Hey guys, from what I recently learned, they are actually blacklisting companies that are using virtual addresses and that it's actually better for us to us our home addresses. They have access to the net to see if something is a virtual office just like we do, so they google the address, and if it's a virtual office, they pretty much know that the business is either small, new, or has minimal revenue for a traditional office space. Also, they are acknowledging that a lot more business are work at home, and becoming highly profitable, so this doesn't disqualify us anymore.

Hope this helps.

Would Aim Mail be good for business start ups? I have read and researched and I am getting mixed opinion about using the mail center for my business. Any advice?

Not sure what they are but you don't want to use a UPS store or anything like that.. The virtual addresses are iffy at best. If you can find one that doesn't show up so much on google then you should be ok. But ones like Regus just have so many people in location it sticks out as a virtual office.

The best thing to do is use your actual address and like I always say you want a real land line for your business so you would need to use the real address so the addresses match up.

Hey guys, from what I recently learned, they are actually blacklisting companies that are using virtual addresses and that it's actually better for us to us our home addresses. They have access to the net to see if something is a virtual office just like we do, so they google the address, and if it's a virtual office, they pretty much know that the business is either small, new, or has minimal revenue for a traditional office space. Also, they are acknowledging that a lot more business are work at home, and becoming highly profitable, so this doesn't disqualify us anymore.

Hope this helps.

Yea. Business credit building techniques have changed over the years. But one thing will always remain the same. A commercial physical address is key.

Hi there,

I've spent the last month reading this board and I want to thank all of you for the invaluable information you've provided here. I am trying to identify the definitive undisputed step by step method of establishing biz credit and needing some guidance on the areas I missed. Here's what I got:

1. I establish a finance sounding company, enterprise, etc.

2. I obtain an ein # from the IRS

3. I establish a C (corp) in nevada

4. I take my docs and ein an biz docs open a biz bank account

5. I get a DUNS number and credit builder

6. I establish a biz phone line at another address

7. I start applying for office credit

Questions: What address do I use and how does that work with the phone line? I understand mailbox etc doesn't work well with DUNS. Which bank is recommended? Why is it recommended I don't use my home address even if I am running a home-based biz? I thank you in advance for your input.

Steps:

Business type

Address, zoning requirements met

Filings/ secretary of State

Articles of incorporation

Minutes of meetings

A corporate kit, Stock certificates

A corporate seal Corporate

Bylaws A corporation checklist

Registered agent service

Certificate of good standing

Federal tax Id number

Business phone

411 listed in all the business directories

Business license

Business checking account

Business merchant account

Registered At All Bureaus.

Dun number & Dbi self monitor

Dun Bradstreet financial

Dun Bradstreet financial rating

Add Business Trade Lines

80 Paydex score

Lender Compliant

Business Plan

Build your business credit using these steps and you will be lender compliant to get your business loan.

business type = pick a type of business they loan money to, Not business consulting marketing etc, you will never get a loan

Address, zoning requirements met = make sure not to lie about your business address and weather your commercialy zone or residentualy zoned, underwriters and dun bradstreet do the same check, they go to the city recorders office and punch up your partial number and this tells every bit about your business address. A fast check is to type it into your google search and see how many business come back to that address. do not use a mail box rentel or p.o. box

Filings/ secretary of State = incorporate and this seperates your personal credit from your business credit. you want to get your certificate of good standing

Articles of incorporation = these come after you file

Minutes of meetings = make sure to do these

A corporate kit, Stock certificates = make sure to issue your stock certificates

A corporate seal Corporate = comes in your corporate kit you order

Bylaws A corporation checklist = make sure to do these

Registered agent service = you do this when you file

Certificate of good standing = last get your Certificate of good standing

Next: build your business credit file in this order

Federal tax Id number = get this online at the Irs

Business phone = make sure this is a land line phone from your local phone company

411 listed in all the business directories = this means you can pick up the phone and dial 411 ask the operator for abc company at Abc address , city ,state & zip code and they reply here is your number

Business license = business license, any certifications or certificates for the type of business you are

Business checking account = with your business name, address and phone number printed on the check as well as your banks information

Business merchant account = this shows a foundation for your business and you can get merchant loans, get it weather you use it or not

Registered At All Bureaus. = experian for example: when your first trade lines is reported to them this is the start date of your business, If your five years old and experian got wind of your business yesterday it will state on your credit report that your business is one day old and we have no knowledge of this business before then.

Dun number & Dbi self monitor = get your dun number and buy in to there program , if you don't anything that reports on your business will sit in a separate data base until you do, anybody running a credit check will see a incomplete file and no score

Dun Bradstreet financial = they give you an online link to add these and if you don't you will have an incomplete credit file and will never get a loan

Dun Bradstreet financial rating= R1 rating is the best and this is your goal.

Add Business Trade Lines = start getting your business trade lines, it takes 3 trade lines to get a paydex

80 Paydex score = is your goal and high recommended credit limit someone extends you

Lender Compliant = now your lender compliant

Business Plan = very important to shine above anyone else to get a loan

So many here say that D&B stuff is garbage yet you say to pay the money to get it. Which is it? And what is wrong with having consulting in your business name?

Edited by CreditGuy03

D&B Credit builder is not garbage. It can useful for those small businesses who have been doing business with vendors or suppliers who do not report to d&b. The Credit Builder allows you to add the trade payments as references which would help you get a paydex score quickly. Some might feel that the credit builder program is a bit pricey and a waste of money. I would say it all depends on your goals and plan for building business credit. As far as having 'Consulting' in your business credit name. Based on the high risk ranking for small business industries, Consulting is ranked as a high risk business. Lenders do factor in your business industry in determining risk. Now that doesn't mean that you could not build business credit with a consulting business. It's do able.

D&B Credit builder is not garbage. It can useful for those small businesses who have been doing business with vendors or suppliers who do not report to d&b. The Credit Builder allows you to add the trade payments as references which would help you get a paydex score quickly. Some might feel that the credit builder program is a bit pricey and a waste of money. I would say it all depends on your goals and plan for building business credit. As far as having 'Consulting' in your business credit name. Based on the high risk ranking for small business industries, Consulting is ranked as a high risk business. Lenders do factor in your business industry in determining risk. Now that doesn't mean that you could not build business credit with a consulting business. It's do able.

Where can I find more info on that ranking for business industries? I am trying to change my sole prop to a corp but I want a generic name so I am not labeled by lenders.