Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

So what has Creditboards REALLY done for you?!

The last post in this topic was posted 4757 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

There was another post a few months back asking people to post about other things CB's has done for you, other than just bigger CL's and new CC's, and better interest rates... Well, I wanted to revive that 'idea' and post what CB's has done for ME... and if anyone else wants to contribute, I'd love to hear the stories.... And I think it will show newbies what really can happen with clean credit... the doors it opens, the opportunities it provides...

When I came to CB's just over a year ago, my credit was a mess. It was not from some horrible financial disaster, or inability to pay my bills. It was due to my naivety about paying bills, and youthful indiscretion. I read CB's over and over for the 60 days I had no posting ability. I ordered my credit reports, I started to dispute... I settled with some of the EVIL JDB's for pennies on the dollar, for PFD. And if I didn't get a delete, I'd try, try again... And I rehabbed my student loans. That is the ONE BEST THING I learned on CB's. The rehab of my SL's made a huge impact...

So, I am sitting here today, with FICO's over 700 on TU an EQ, and EX is 650. This is a long way from the 490's I was at a year ago... But the scores are not where my focus is. And neither is the $85K in unsecured credit I have (I had a $500 Orchard card and a $250 Plains Commerce Bank card when I joined). Here is how CB's TRULY changed my life...

• I've learned fiscal responsibility. I've learned running away from your credit issues only prolongs things, and makes it that much harder...
  • I've learned that doing something yourself is extremely rewarding. It promotes self-confidence, and most importantly it teaches you consequences of your actions.
  • I've learned having credit really CAN change your life.
  • I've learned I can dare to dream...

Stryker, one of my dearest friends on the board (and off the board too!) dared to dream about owning a home. As a guy that has gone from hell and back in his life, he dared to dream... and soon, he will be a homeowner... a dream he never really thought he'd realize.

For me... I have quite a story. And some will roll their eyes, but I hope that most don't. And they realize how big (pum intended) this thing really is for me.

All of my life, I have been the fun, personable, cheerful, humorous, smart, pretty, chubby girl. My personality and outgoing attitude has overcome the 'chubbiness' and I've always been surrounded by lots of friends. My weight has never been SUCH an issue that it has prohibited me from doing anything cause well, I've just been... chubby. But 2 years ago, my husband and I went to Cedar Point. They have this ride there, called Top Thrill Dragster. I got on there, I snapped the buckle, all was well. But then the guy working the ride told me that the belt had to be tightened up to 'the red mark'. We tugged, and got it past that mark. And he patted me on the shoulder and said 'you're fine' and I went on to ride the ride. We've been to Cedar Point twice since, and I've made up excuses for why I can't ride the ride both times. I simply did not want to have any embarassment again, and maybe not be able to ride... For those that have ridden the ride, they know that you can't carry any excess weight and ride that ride.

A few years ago, I broke my ankle in a freak accident, and luckily, they were able to put my foot and ankle back together. The surgeon was worried I might not ever be able to walk again because of the severity of the break... but I've been fortunate and have made a full recovery. I have intermittent pain, but it is nothing I can't deal with. However, I know my excess weight makes it worse.

There are other side effects of the chub, but we all know... getting out of breath, etc...

I've tried every diet and exercise program known to man. I lose the weight, but it ends up coming back. I had kind of resolved myself to being the 'chubby girl' for the rest of my life, but after the incident at Cedar Point, I made up my mind things HAD to change...

DH and I talked about me having a Lap-Band 'installed.' But money has never afforded $20K for a stateside surgery or $10K for an international surgery. And I'm not 'fat enough' to have it covered by insurance...

Well, I have my surgery scheduled for Lap-Band in about a week and a half... the doctor is world renowned and I am going to one of the best facilities possible. And I was able to whip out my Chase Professional card and charge it...

Does this 'fix' my problems? God no. But it gives me the opportunity to take charge of my health... and by next year, the last thing on my mind will be riding a ride at Cedar Point... I'll have HEALTH on my side again, and won't have to worry about being too fat to chase after my two youngs girls...

My credit repair is done. All that is left to do now, is let my credit age, and the last baddies will fall off EX around the end of the year... My dreams have been realized... and it really is cause of CB's.

That's an amazing story, congratulations.

I've known of this place for a while, but just a couple weeks ago I came back and I'm serious now. I'm hovering just under 600 on TU and EQ and I'm mid 500s on EX. Hoping to be 700+ by the spring or summer. We shall see.

Got a few things that need taken care of :rofl:

Good luck with your surgery!

More then I can put into words !

:rofl: you took the words right out of my mouth. I moved my FICO's from 600's to high 700's and one 800's. I met some really cool and good people and after all of this time I am still learning!!! :lol:

More then I can put into words !

:grin: you took the words right out of my mouth. I moved my FICO's from 600's to high 700's and one 800's. I met some really cool and good people and after all of this time I am still learning!!! :P

I reinvented the 330 FICO score until I found this board. B)

Credit Success Story

CHeck out my story w/link above. I want to say that at first i was going to pass this thread up and i'm so glad that i didnt! Your story is a very INSPIRING one! I have a friend that had the surgery that you mention above, she's very similar to you in that she has a cute face and a beautiful personality. She was always beautiful to me but once she had this surgery......EVERYONE ELSE NOTICED THE BEAUTY AS WELL!

U should b very proud of your success and more importantly setting goals and accomplishing them is sooooo REWARDING! I cant wait to hear of your results w/the surgery. If u loved the results of your credit repair...wait until u c urself in the mirror after the surgery! Can someone say HOT MOMMA :rofl:<_<

Literally has changed my life, 2 years ago went from being declined everywhere to being accepted everywhere except for the bk haters, on second thought even most of them have now come around. Thanks CB! <_<

cant wait to see the BEFORE & AFTER pics followed by the words "thanks CB!" in your siggy!!!

what has cb done for me?

strengthend my relationship with my credit

and severed my relationship with my girlfriend...

now im back in the clubs on south beach replacing the line "whats your sign?" with something more... "whats your FICO score?" 194-flirt.gif

Edited by ON-MY_way

cant wait to see the BEFORE & AFTER pics followed by the words "thanks CB!" in your siggy!!!

what has cb done for me?

strengthened my relationship with my credit

now im back in the clubs on south beach replacing the line "whats your sign?" with something more... "whats your FICO score?" 194-flirt.gif

LOL... any regrets?

loller!

what has cb done for me?

strengthened my relationship with my credit

LOL... any regrets?

*looking at my credit card stack*

no Stryker...no not a bit...

but i did just suggest to her last week to apply for hooters with her bad credit... she was approved a couple days ago for 1k

Katy, congrats on everything. That's a great story.

Let me add just one thing.

Before I found CB, I did not pay my cards in full. I was a revolver. After I found CB, I paid all of my cards off. Took them all to $0. Vowed to never revolve again.

And something very cool has happened as a result. I no longer spend much money. When you PIF every month, it really makes you think about what you are spending -- because you'll soon be paying all of it off.

My bank accounts are much better off because of CB. I am no longer paying card companies interest. It's great.

Wouldn't have done it without CB.

Anyhow, congrats again. And good luck on the procedure next week.

I've learned that having credit really helps get one through:

1) a year with three cancer episodes between two household members (now all cured, thank goodness)

2) three episodes of gastroenteritis and one kidney stone

3) a trip overseas

4) a trip to Hawaii

5) a dental emergency where the copay's $1600

6) a job loss

Now if I can just get my utilization out of the stratosphere, I might actually be able to justify that trip to Fiji next spring.

CB introduced me to members and knowledge of how creditors really look at you. I started with Ficos in the range of 750 and now I have gained over 100K in new credit. While gaining that credit my Ficos have jumped up to an ave of 780. :huh:

I can not begin to express how much CB has done for me, so I want to just say I am grateful to everyone for all that they bring to this board. <_<

To the OP - Good luck on your procedure! I just had Lasik surgery and if it wasn't for this board, I would never had been able to afford it.

Thanks to one and all!!!

CB has shown me what real credit is! Before CB I had a total of $1500 in available credit across 3 cards. I have now Passed 100K in combined CL in less than a year. I really have to thank CB for credit building but my credit repair I really owe a big thanks to 2 members, GoodKiller and 94B10, they don't seem overly active on this forum (though they are members) as my repair actually took place on a different forum.

I was just looking through some old stuff and Just saw one of my first EQ CRs that I pulled. It was actually a score power so it included my real FICO. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. Dated 11/13/06 my FICO was a 539! As of last month, thanks to the larger CLs that I've gotten with the help from the folks here, my EQ FICO was a 720! I no longer appear to have a utilization of like 95%!

The fiscal responsibility I've gained from this forum is just priceless.

I used to fear situations where my credit may have come into play.... NOW.... Bring it on!

I love that story. Thanks! I need some credit inspiration right now. You really gave it to me.

What has CB done for me? It has taught me not to hide. It only makes things worse. I'm not out of the credit woods yet, although mine is MUCH improved. Now I deal with issues that come my way. In another year or so, things should be on really solid footing.

OP--that's as wonderful a story as any on here. Your health is nothing to take lightly! (pun intended). i'll be wishing a succesful surgery and a speedy recovery!!!

CB for me has been one continuous learning experience about credit. Never in my life up until about 2 yrs ago did I know any of this information. I had heard here & there are about credit reports, but no clue at all really what they really meant and how scores are affected, etc.. I am still amazed at how much there is to know about all this and how much more there still is to learn. It's really shocking to find all this out when you've been clueless before. And to think credit is such an important thing in life. I will say it again, I really think these types of things should be taught in high school. At least it is something that can affect every single person in their lifetime.

I feel like CB has given me back my brain :rolleyes: I found CB mid-June, after being faced with suddenly being "homeless" due to foreclosure on my Mom's properties (lived there 14 years), with no money in savings and my credit not worth crap. I forget how exactly I found CB, google I'm sure LOL

Just since June, my scores (NOT EX) have come up 75-100 points and I now have 8 new credit lines/cards. I'm TRYING to put a little money away, not to easy when it's sometimes paycheck-to-paycheck ($15 every payday to a 5.5% savings). I'm still re-learning financial responsibility, but everything is current with no lates for the past 2 years (except my school loan 2 years ago). I was just approved for CareCredit too, got it for my doggies :lol:

I'm looking to buy a house between next June and October, depending what happens with this next foreclosure/BK13/BK7 of my Mom's. Under 60k (due to income) about 45min from where I'm at now. My employer has an office there too and my driving time would actually go down.

I'm also helping a friend with her credit, she's currently paying over 1K/mo in rent and wants a house also. We may end up working together for a house, we'll see..........

I'll talk to most anybody now about credit and how it works, my brother says I sound like I spend way too much time on the board LOL pssstt he's impressed 'tho.......

Anyway, I'm constantly grateful to CB for everything I've learned, for the mass amount of information kept here so I didn't have to jump in blind, and for everyone's patience with noobs :lol:

Oh Yeah, I totally echo baybreeze saying that these types of things should be taught in high school. My son is 16 and had no idea how credit cards or even checks REALLY work. He's a lot more knowledgable than most his age now, I guarantee LOL

Edited by ButtersMom

Hey Katy,

Great story and you should be very proud.

What might be real helpful to those on the boards is the exact techniques in each case of how you cleared up items on your credit reports. Then we see exactly what you did and others can get ideas for themselves. You should put together another post like this one but outline where exactly you started, how many baddies, how you got each one off, and techniques you used. That would be great!!! I plan on doing this myself when I'm all done.

Good for you!!! :rolleyes::lol:

Edited by degreenyc

The last post in this topic was posted 4757 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.