CA will not respond to DV letter or sign CRRRM, what's next?

The last post in this topic was posted 4944 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

Greetings CB,

A CA called Credit Solution Corporation claims I owe money from a past credit card debt from WAMU. But I've never applied for a credit card from WAMU EVER! And now its on my CR. I called WAMU and they say they have no record of me ever having CC account with them. I call the CA and informed them their records are wrong and could they please verify the debt in writing. Well, they got pretty nasty on the phone, however I kept my cool and informed them I was aware of my rights under the FCRA. At that point they hung up. Soon after I sent a DV letter CRRRM. However, i got the letter back unsigned. I was going to do a 1, 2 punch. But I'm not sure what my next step should be now...any suggestions? anyone? Should I send a second letter?

Thank you,

Keam

Greetings CB,

A CA called Credit Solution Corporation claims I owe money from a past credit card debt from WAMU. But I've never applied for a credit card from WAMU EVER! And now its on my CR. I called WAMU and they say they have no record of me ever having CC account with them. I call the CA and informed them their records are wrong and could they please verify the debt in writing. Well, they got pretty nasty on the phone, however I kept my cool and informed them I was aware of my rights under the FCRA. At that point they hung up. Soon after I sent a DV letter CRRRM. However, i got the letter back unsigned. I was going to do a 1, 2 punch. But I'm not sure what my next step should be now...any suggestions? anyone? Should I send a second letter?

Thank you,

Keam

Keam, stay off the phone. Although calling WAMU was OK apparently.

You could try a dispute with the CRA. Are they on all 3 of your reports?

Well, since they actively refused the letter, the courts assume that they knew the contents

what I'd do is send it again...

three copies...and specify in that letter WHY you're sending three copies...because you know that they've been actively refusing CMRRR letters

I would send an unknown debt type letter...since you do NOT know what this is...and specify that you've spoken to the alleged OC, and that they also have no record....and that you've NEVER received ANYTHING from them, even though they're REQUIRED to send you a letter within 5 days of their initial communication with you, which was xx/xx/xx (the day you called them)

the three ways to send it are:

CMRRR

CM

regular US Mail...

then, dispute with the CRAs

What Pryan said, adding to it that you should log and record (if legal in your state) EVERY call and contact attempt they make with you over this.

After the disputes come back (and odds are they'll verify with the CRAs), start the complaint filings with the FTC, BBB, state AG, etc. and move onto preparations for the lawsuit for the by then lengthy list FDCPA/FCRA violations you'll have on them.

Don't play games with the bastards - go for the throat. :aggressive:

oO

The last post in this topic was posted 4944 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.