Please consider disabling your adblocker for CreditBoards if you have not already done so.  This site depends on advertising revenue to stay online.

Sign in to follow this  

True Credit Terminates Account for Too Much Pulling?

The last post in this topic was posted 4818 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.

I have had a TC account for over a year now. I started building and monitoring my credit last summer in an attempt to obtain a mortgage. I had some truly inaccurate baddies on my report (a gym membership I legitimately cancelled reported me, etc.). I was checking daily at one point to monitor changes. I haven't checked daily in several months because I took care of most of what I needed to fix, although I still check for various things. (For example, recently Bombay Company cancelled all of their credit cards with Citibank so they no longer have a card. I called and they told me it would represent on my report that the account was liquidated as I was concerned how it would affect my score. I checked and...nope...all it says is "closed by grantor." SUCH BS!!!! Now it appears as if it were my fault and I have to fight this...not to mention how just the closing the account negatively affected my score.)

In any event, last week I checked my TC account for the first time in 3 weeks. The last time I checked it befeore that was about a month before. As I mentioned, I was pullling regularly (almost daily) several months ago because I was anxiously looking for changes.

After I checked my credit last week for the first time in ages, I get an email from TC telling me my account has been frozen due to suspicious activity. Two seconds later I get an email from TC confirming MY cancellation of my account!!!

I call them up and they explain that there may be fraudulent activity, so they have to conduct a five-day investigation. I question them on it but all they say is I will be contacted via email in about five days and if there's nothing wrong, I will be able to reinstate my account.

Today, I get this email:

You recently contacted our Customer Service department in regard to our notification that your TrueCredit membership and billing was being frozen due to excessive access to your account. As our customer service team communicated, our Compliance Department has reviewed your account in order to see if you qualified for reinstatement.

After a thorough investigation, it is our conclusion that your account should not be reinstated due to an access pattern which indicates potential fraud or a deliberate intent to tamper with the credit scoring system.

Your access, billing and all account related email alerts have now permanently been terminated as a result.

While we regret any inconvenience this may cause you, it is our policy to protect the security and integrity of the credit reporting system.

TrueCredit Legal and Compliance Department

DO YOU BELIEVE THIS???!!!???!?!?!

So I call TC again and they give me another number to call. I explain to the rep all that has gone on and all he tells me is that "due to my access patterns, my account has been permanently terminated and I can never use TC again." I ask him why and all he says is "the decision is final." I said, "Okay, but I don't understand. Can you explain to me what you mean by 'access patterns'?" He responds, "The decision is final." I explain that "I haven't used the service but about three to four times in the last three to four months. Before that I pulled more because I was applying for mortgages and waiting on some changes. I am only using the service in the manner which I intended and as it was being offered to me. Can you explain to me HOW this is some sort of violation of anything and what exactly I am violating?" He keeps repeating the same stupid mantra. "The decision is final." I said, "I'm not disputing the finality. My service was terminated for a reason which has not been explained to me. I'm only asking WHY." I asked for a supervisor, another number, etc., and got nothing. I asked for an address to write which he finally gave me which, of course, would do nothing.

Can you believe this?!?!?!?!!?!?

I'm assuming it refers to daily pulling to b* TU and EQ inquiries. I only have like one on each, so that is not an issue of mine!!! (And it's not from b...I got a couple off that way as a side bonus for checking so much, but most of my pulls have been EX and I'm not applying for any new credit until I get a mortgage. And I could have b*ed those other two off the last couple months, but I had no desire.) They REFUSED to give me an explanation. Furthermore, I was not checking regularly to manipulate my score AND I don't know of any rule that says you can't check your credit daily if you want. That's why you have the 24-hour window...to allow you to check again.

Has anyone else encountered this with TC or any other service? Has anyone heard of this phenomenon? Does anyone know if I have any recourse? I could use another service, but couldn't it happen again? What is going on?

Does anyone else find this incredibly disturbing?????

Yep, has happened to many of us and there are lots of threads discussing it...

Guest CinciJeff

Yep........there are tons of threads on this same thing...it's been happening for quite some time!

Guest CinciJeff

Yep, has happened to many of us and there are lots of threads discussing it...

Darn you Trevor...you are so quick!

The last post in this topic was posted 4818 days ago. 

We strongly encourage you to start a new post instead of replying to this one.