Sign in to follow this  
Dena

Juniper is Tripping right now!!

I still have a $50K+ card. Rarely used. Juniper recently issued me a replacement card.

All is well.

After Juniper caught their mistake ... and were reevaluating all the approvals ... we were all holding our breath.

But ironically after all the excitement subsided, it turned out that many of our limits were relatively safe.

I started at $7,700 (I applied late in Junami, on Sunday night) and earlier this year asked for a CLI. They pulled a TU hard and bumped me up to $10,000--even with just a little use on the card.

That's not Credit Matters or Hegemony or Bob Wang $$$$, but very very good for me.

Long may it last ....

Edited by Sketch

I still have a $50K+ card. Rarely used. Juniper recently issued me a replacement card.

All is well.

After Juniper caught their mistake ... and were reevaluating all the approvals ... we were all holding our breath.

But ironically after all the excitement subsided, it turned out that many of our limits were relatively safe.

I started at $7,700 (I applied late in Junami, on Sunday night) and earlier this year asked for a CLI. They pulled a TU hard and bumped me up to $10,000--even with just a little use on the card.

That's not Credit Matters or Hegemony or Bob Wang $$$$, but very very good for me.

Long may it last ....

I'm convinced that I slipped through the cracks because I applied and converted on the same day. Got my approval during the afternoon and by the late evening I had already combined the card with my US Airways card. I don't think Juniper was able to follow the pea well enough.

I was just thinking about this thread last night.

Still down to my 2 CLD cards (whose combined CL's are LOWER than what I was initially approved for in 2003).

I'll be closing Carters this fall since I've cashed out the rewards.

frontier I will keep as it is my oldest open account and I like the rewards (although... with Frontier getting bought, not sure if the card will still even exist or what it might get converted to).

:lol:

Yay Juny!!

Oh. And I still have not applied for a single credit card since Junami. :):o

Edited by squirrelgirl

All is well.

Long may it last ....

I'm convinced that I slipped through the cracks because I applied and converted on the same day. Got my approval during the afternoon and by the late evening I had already combined the card with my US Airways card. I don't think Juniper was able to follow the pea well enough.

There was most definitely a "glitch" in their approval system as far as limits and several cards at once. But, there was no glitch in approving people with current cards. I had 3 cards already when I applied for B&N during "Juny". There was no mistake on that approval because it was a lower limit than the others (or the rest of my cards). The system picked up on that one. I didn't combine any cards until later after the dust settled. No word on my several cards even as I spoke with Mgmt.

So, not all dup approvals were mistakes :huh:

Still down to my 2 CLD cards (whose combined CL's are LOWER than what I was initially approved for in 2003).

frontier I will keep as it is my oldest open account and I like the rewards (although... with Frontier getting bought, not sure if the card will still even exist or what it might get converted to).

:huh:

Yay Juny!!

Oh. And I still have not applied for a single credit card since Junami. :lol::wub:

Don't you miss "old times"? :lol:

Yay Juny!!

Oh. And I still have not applied for a single credit card since Junami. :P:o

Don't you miss "old times"? :lol:

SG gone wild?? Heck yeah!! Maybe again some day... ;)

Almost 2 years since Junami and the limit on my Travelocity is still intact at 3k. Although they did rate jack me to 24.25% in April, no other shenanigans (yet). I even received my replacement card! Honestly, I can't complain since I've redeemed rewards for $100 off of Travelocity purchases 4 times now. But, I'm always on the alert for something...

I got a Seamiles card during Junami with a limit of $1000. I BTed some money for the intro rate and then paid it off before the rate expired. After 6 months with the card, I got a CLI to $2000. Then the credit crunch hit and I got a CLD to $1050 about a year later, citing low use on the card. And now I use it every three or four months for a drink from Starbucks or something. I'm figuring they're gonna hit me with another CLD soon.

I got it a little before Junami, but my ED was CLD a few months ago from $9k to $5k for lack of use. I just charge something on it now and again to keep them from closing it. After the savings rate at ED became less competitive, I figured I would be better off using Penfed for other purchases and making a higher interest rate in a different savings account.

Edited by nooneimportant

:blink: I got rid of CSM a while ago; ED is still intact and just got a new one. I used it for Sushi a few days ago. :swoon:

iTunes still going strong at the 25-month mark. Doubled my CL a few days ago, but cost me a hard on TU. Didn't get the ratejack, so that's good at least.

And that is that. I am combined and closed.

Thanks, Emigrant. Nice doing biz with ya.

Moved it over to my Carnival card.

By the way, this turned out to be a smart move. To this day, I still have all of my limits intact.

Within 7 hours of being approved I took the card and combined it with the Carnival. I think Juniper lost track of me because of that.

Still. Application. Free.

Still have Frontier and Carter's, although Carter's will be closed by the end of the year.

Frontier will be moved to the front for a while, I need miles.