Sign in to follow this  
NC_MARK

AMEX Recon

Has anyone had any success with a recon with AMEX? They denied me and the reasons were BK that is 9yrs old and a collection item in last 2 yrs that I just paid the creditor which was a medical bill. And if worth a recon letter, could someone/ anyone give some examples on how to go about this.

Thanks to ALL

Has anyone had any success with a recon with AMEX? They denied me and the reasons were BK that is 9yrs old and a collection item in last 2 yrs that I just paid the creditor which was a medical bill. And if worth a recon letter, could someone/ anyone give some examples on how to go about this.

Thanks to ALL

:lol: What is your current overall credit picture, scores, income, DTI? How has your credit been for the last two years? Are your accts. at least two years old and current? While they may say the BK is the problem they look at everything and factor all of those things in as well. BTW what Amex card did you apply for?

AMEX was not in BK. I havent had any credit in past 2 yrs. Just got an ESPN WAMU card Mon.

Edited by NC_MARK

Dispute that BK off immediately as obsolete. It's already 2 years past its prime.

Then, wait a couple months and reapply for Delta.

Get that, use it for 6 months and then apply for Blue. You went right to one of their hardest approvals, when you really should start with one of the easier ones and establish some positive history with them first.

ETA: I just realized I did the math wrong, ROFL. Assuming you filed a Ch. 7, you actually have a year left until the BK gets deleted automatically. Don't let that stop you from disputing it in the meantime though.... :rolleyes:

Edited by chriswufgator

I didnt know BLUE was the hardest. I have tried to dispute BK off, if you have any suggestions or different way to dispute the BK I sure would appreciate it. Anyone with any suggestions are welcome for BK dispute.

Amex does do recons, though they may or may not approve on the recon of course. Call and talk to the rep to transfer you to the credit dept, and ask for recon. if they don't figure it out, ask to be placed in the... they call it the override queue If I remember correctly.