Sign in to follow this  
mr. credit

Finding the right incorparating services

I'm about ready to start my own corp. Do you guys have any good companies in mind for a fair price or would I come out better researching and doing it myself.

Thanks in advance

I would do it yourself. You can learn a lot for future use. It really isn't hard at all. I setup biz #1 in two days. I could do it all in one day now.

Bob

I did mine myself. NC SOS office is great at answering questions, but also look into your SBA or any other Small Biz self-help organizations.

so what would be the steps for me to take if i were to do it on my own and would the cost be less,more,or about the same doing it myself vs a company doing it.

Edited by mr. credit

As far as INC paperwork it is simple. Most states are just 1 or 2 pages now even. Whether you do it or pay a professional to do it should really depend on your business and what you are trying to accomplish with it. If you don't have large personal assets and/or it is some little part-time gig that you never really plan to grow or some such "business" as selling on ebay then you could just file itself. If you have large personal assets that need maxium protection and/or you really have or plan on buliding a really nice and profitable business then I'd pay a professional. In any case you really need to talk to an atty first just to be safe.

As to your cost and steps question, the cost as far as the registration fees, etc would be the same whether you did it or paid someone to do it as they are set by your state. What you would save is the atty or whoever you would get to do it's fees.

The steps are simple. You download the required State forms from your State's SOS site and follow the instructions for filling them out and returning them and then return them to the SOS with the required payment.

Edited by Starsky

so what would be the steps for me to take if i were to do it on my own and would the cost be less,more,or about the same doing it myself vs a company doing it.

U can go to mynewcompany.com, i've found them to b the cheapest and easiest. U do everything urself on the website and if u have any questions all u have to do is call their 800# the csr's are very helpful.

I wouldnt pay ne one to do it for u if i where u. I kno a couple of people who charge $1700 for filing everything for u, when u can go to this site and set up n less than 20min for $319 depending on where u want to inc.

If you are going to do itself save that $319 even. Your SOS office will answer any questions and like I said the forms are 1st Grade simple in most sates and most states fee to INC is only in the $125 range.

I would do it yourself if you can but I was personally very lost and wanted to get started so I used mynewcompany.com as well and I was more then satisfied. They were FAST and really good.

I'm about ready to start my own corp. Do you guys have any good companies in mind for a fair price or would I come out better researching and doing it myself.

Thanks in advance

Hi Mr! :swoon:

Without knowing what kinda biz, the projected Net, and what ya have to protect......figuring what advise to tell you is impossible. :huh:

Incorporating correctly is a positive endeavor, while doing it blindly can cause untold problems. :D

Suggest chatting with an accountant and a lawyer before self incorporating. ;)

Best of luck! B)

Take care,

Skipper